Black is offline Anabolic Member

Recent bloodwork

Just got my most recent bloodwork back.

Everything seems great. Test came back at 1067 out of a range of 250-1100.

Estrogen came back higher. My last bloodwork it was at 41 (this could've been inaccurate because bloodtest was taken hours AFTER injection). Now, it's at 71! (bloodwork taken hours BEFORE injection). I'm pretty sure this is because I'm added HCG more frequently in my protocol.

Now, PSA came back slightly higher, but still in normal range. The doc wasn't worried at all and said it was because my estrogen was high. It was only a couple tenths higher. Still alarming though.

Here's the kicker. I was originally given a AI dosage to follow. I followed it for awhile and started to feel worse (like it was dropping it too low). I felt MUCH better not taking it. Well, now my estrogen is higher and I feel it.

Doc wants me to start taking .5mg 5x a week. He said generally .5mg taken is equivalent to 10 points off my E2 (He wants it down under 30, around the low 20s). My concern is that 5x a week might be too much. If what he says is true, that it would be perfect. However, I've never read anything like that. Any ideas? Thanks.

durak is offline Member
    IMO that is way too much. 2.5mg a week is a lot. I can't remember where I came across this but anything over 1.5mg a week is too much.
    Last edited by durak; 04-15-2010 at 11:59 PM.

talstar is offline Junior Member
    I am taking the same dose 3 times a week. Just had my BW done but haven't been back for the results. It was in the high 50s to start with so your dose may be right. If you start feeling like crap then back it off some. What was your test levels to start with?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by durak View Post
    IMOP that is way too much. 2.5mg a week is a lot. I can't remember where I came across this but anything over 1.5mg a week is too much.
    I agree that is too much. stick to 3x and you should see a decrease.

I also experienced increase E2 when I jumped on HCG . Mine went from mid 20's to 39. My Adex dosage was 2x week, but now is back up to 3x.

Quote Originally Posted by durak View Post
    IMOP that is way too much. 2.5mg a week is a lot. I can't remember where I came across this but anything over 1.5mg a week is too much.
    I thought so too. I'm especially nervous because of how crappy it made me feel last time when I'm guessing it dropped my E2 too low.

Quote Originally Posted by talstar View Post
    I am taking the same dose 3 times a week. Just had my BW done but haven't been back for the results. It was in the high 50s to start with so your dose may be right. If you start feeling like crap then back it off some. What was your test levels to start with?
    Test levels to start with were sub 200. Currently on 200mg a week of test cyp (bi-weekly injections) along with HCG 250iu 2x a week.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    I agree that is too much. stick to 3x and you should see a decrease.

I also experienced increase E2 when I jumped on HCG. Mine went from mid 20's to 39. My Adex dosage was 2x week, but now is back up to 3x.
    Was that 39 while you were already using an AI? What dose are you at, .5mg? Do you know the half-life of Arimidex ?

If I do 3x a week (M,W,F), should I start tomorrow or this coming Monday?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond View Post
    I thought so too. I'm especially nervous because of how crappy it made me feel last time when I'm guessing it dropped my E2 too low.

Test levels to start with were sub 200. Currently on 200mg a week of test cyp (bi-weekly injections) along with HCG 250iu 2x a week.

Was that 39 while you were already using an AI? What dose are you at, .5mg? Do you know the half-life of Arimidex ?

If I do 3x a week (M,W,F), should I start tomorrow or this coming Monday?
    Yes, I was taking 0.5 x 2 per week and it went up. I'm not positive, but I think half life is approx. 36 hours.

Tomorrow (Friday) sounds as good as any day to start. MWF are now my routine too.

Cool, thanks. Hopefully it starts to work pretty fast (not too much experience with AIs) cause I'm holding some water.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I might start with 3x/week, but then drop back down to 2x/week pretty quick. What was your dosage before (the one that made you feel bad)?

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    I might start with 3x/week, but then drop back down to 2x/week pretty quick. What was your dosage before (the one that made you feel bad)?
    I was taking .5mg 3x a week.

However, at the time, I was only taking Test Cyp at 300mg a week. E2 came back at 41 (however, it could be due to a spike because blood was drawn a couple hours after injection, which was my fault).

My test was higher than I wanted, so I dropped down to 200mg a week, but I've also added in HCG 250iu 2x per week (and have been running this for a month and a half). Now E2 is 71 (couple hours before injection).

I can definitely feel the 71 (and have been before the bloodwork). Retaining some water and some acne, but that's about it. Maybe a little irritable.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I and some others use morning wood to judge when we are taking too much - Maybe go 3x/week until they start to weaken a little and then drop to 2x/week.

Thread Information