martyjack is offline New Member

I need help with testosterone replacement therapy!

I was first diagnosed with low T levels about six years ago; been a roller coaster ride every since! I started on androgel 5mg, then went to 10mg daily; worked great for the first six months. After that T levels started dropping, felt like crap, started anti-deppressants, developed high blood pressure, high cholesterol, loss of libido, etc. Eventually started injections, my T levels came up, but I've never felt as good as the first six months? I've been to numerous endos, physicians, etc and have been amazed at how little they know,especially when i mention culprits to my problem. I have not had any luck with prescribing HCG because they say your body is not producing enough T, so this won't help! I just want to get on a regiment that will give me a good quality life and to feel normal again! I'm 45, 5'11" 225lbs....need to drop a few pounds, but not too fat. I do work out regularly and try to eat healthy. I have arimidex but not sure the exact way to take it? My estridiol levels have never been extremely high? My SHBG level is zero?
    The following medications I take are:
    Benicar--high blood pressure
    norvasc-high blood pressure
    simvastin- high cholesteral
    10mg lexapro--anxieties
    testeviron 250--6marks on the needle weekly..should be about 165mg?

Can someone please give me some guidance? I really would like to have my sex drive back to normal. My semen amount has greatly reduced, takes forever to reach an orgasm! Since this is a life long thing, I hope to get straightned out! Help!!!!

Charlie6 is offline Senior Member
    Bump for Zona! He'll be here soon...

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    What is your bloodwork look like ie test levels?
    Are you taking weekly injections of 165mgs?

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you had your estrogen checked?

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    maybe try that nebido that marcus likes

ZonaDave is offline Member
    your other health issues are probably related to low T. i had anxiety for years and when i first got it i didn't know what it was. i felt heavy in the chest and thought it was something to do with my heart or lungs. this is a very common symptom for guys with low T and unfortunately doctors push every other med on us except the one that fixes the cause. i guess the testosterone companies don't give them kickbacks like the other ones do.

alot of guys say the same thing about TD's, they work great at first but then stop absorbing them. there are alot of variable when it comes to skin.

i'm not familiar with Testoviron 250, is it Enanthate ? also is it 250mg/ml? if this is correct, wouldn't .6cc be 150mg? (250 x .6 = 150)

almost every guy i know on TRT uses Arimidex or some other AI to moderate E2.

can you post all your levels (with ranges) while you were on the shots?

martyjack is offline New Member
    I'm currently working overseas and it's difficult to get proper medical help. I did find some lab work I had done in June; infortunately they did not check estridiol levels! My other levels are as follows:
    Testosterone - 546 (241-827)
    Testosterone free- 19.8 (6.8-21-5)

I still had trouble with libido,etc. with these levels

I'm having to use testoviron 250mg because I ran out of my script from the US; managed to go to a clinic in Israel and this was what was available here. Before I was 8 notches on the syringe; with the 250mg I fropped down to the 6th mark.
    I do have some arimidex and have just started taking .25mg every 3 days. can you please give me all the lab checks I need and I will try to find someway to get them done. I really think HCG would help me, maybe 250ml twice a week; probably have to go across the border to get it?
    I've always had problems with excessive sweating; is this attributed to estrogen levels? Also would like to take the best dosage that won't increase my blood pressure significantly? You can never imagine how wonderful is is finding people who understand my dilemma! thanks

ZonaDave is offline Member
    i undertsand your situation. what dose were you on when you got those results (.6cc or .8cc)? at a Total T of 546 you might still be too low.

if your E2 is too high then arimidex will definately take care of that for you. the high E2 is probably what's causing you to sweat.

i'm not sure if HCG will help that much. the only thing it did for me was make my balls fuller, which i never cared about in the first place. my new doc didn't want me on it so i stopped about three months ago and haven't noticed anything different so far.

here are some good tests to run:

•Total Testosterone
    •Bioavailable (Free Testosterone)
    •SHBG
    •DHT
    •Estradiol (sensitive or ultra-sensitive)
    •LH
    •FSH
    •Prolactin
    •Cortisol
    •Thyroid Panel
    •CBC
    •Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
    •Lipid Profile
    •PSA
    •IGF-1
    Last edited by ZonaDave; 11-06-2009 at 01:57 AM.

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by martyjack View Post
    I'm currently working overseas and it's difficult to get proper medical help. I did find some lab work I had done in June; infortunately they did not check estridiol levels! My other levels are as follows:
    Testosterone - 546 (241-827)
    Testosterone free- 19.8 (6.8-21-5)

I still had trouble with libido,etc. with these levels

I'm having to use testoviron 250mg because I ran out of my script from the US; managed to go to a clinic in Israel and this was what was available here. Before I was 8 notches on the syringe; with the 250mg I fropped down to the 6th mark.
    I do have some arimidex and have just started taking .25mg every 3 days. can you please give me all the lab checks I need and I will try to find someway to get them done. I really think HCG would help me, maybe 250ml twice a week; probably have to go across the border to get it?
    I've always had problems with excessive sweating; is this attributed to estrogen levels? Also would like to take the best dosage that won't increase my blood pressure significantly? You can never imagine how wonderful is is finding people who understand my dilemma! thanks

I think you mean 250ius..

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    martyjack.

am 56 and just finished second year of HRT with good blood tests results after 2nd annual (549). i think we are so low when the drs finally decide to proceed with HRT, the first 6 months do make you feel on top of it. then it becomes stable and just feels normal which means we don't feel or notice it as much? just a thought.

Thread Information