Alloy is offline Junior Member

Is a Wellness / Anti-Aging clinic worth the $$$

I'm at a crossroad here in my quest for treatment. My current Endo feels that all of my symptoms do not warrant treatment. He's another a-hole who looked at my blood panel and thinks low but within range and your fine. Yet the numbers that are low and out of range are "ok because they're not too out of range".

Time to kick his ass to the curb but the issue here is that every Endo I called has a 4-6 month wait for new patients. The other option is to obtain an Endo out of my health plan and get only 80% coverage, but the wait is the same.

The final choice is a Anti-Aging / Wellness clinic that openly advertises "helping you with your goals".

Is it worth closing my eyes and putting up the money to get started on an effective plan of treatment? I'd love to hear some feedback from some of you who went this path. I go for my final blood work this week (Free-T, Total-T, FSH, LH, TSH, $ Prolactin) so at least I'll have those in hand.

Also how much is a ballpark range to get started (I'm afraid to ask). I've heard it could be as much as $5k out of pocket.

ythrashin is offline Associate Member
    Costs nothing to get started if you have bloodwork done.

FlyingIllini is offline Junior Member
    Well, PCPs can do this stuff too. Mine gives me scripts like she is giving out candy.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingIllini View Post
    Well, PCPs can do this stuff too. Mine gives me scripts like she is giving out candy.
    You lucky bastard...

Does she practice in Ohio?

subnet is offline Associate Member
    Alloy - where do you live? I know there is a search link provided in many threads here that allow you to search for Anti-aging clinics. Not all anti-aging clinics are that expensive, so you might want to call around to get some pricing info.

Case in point, here in Houston there are quite a few different places to go, and many were around $2k for a new patient consultation to approx the figure you mentioned. I found someone who essentially is the only Dr. in a small clinic, to which he only practices the anti-aging portion a few days a week, and his other time at a hospital. His initial 1 hour visit was $300, and I think typical follow-up visits are under $200. They don't accept insurance but many times your insurance will take this as an out-of-network Dr so you'll still get the 80% or whatever your covererage is.

I wasn't happy with my endo thus seeked out someone else who actually knew what he was talking about. I just am getting started in this treatment though so don't have a lot of experience yet. At least my endo prescribed me Androgel , unlike yours. My anti-aging Dr. says that it's not the numbers, but rather how you feel in terms of how he treats. Good luck finding one that thinks the same.

2k!! You guys are getting ripped off!300 bucks per visit...my god man..

Dang, I pay only for gear and periodic blood work through my HRT clinic. No start up costs and no consultation fees.

subnet is offline Associate Member
    So you can go see your Dr. and he doesn't charge you anything?

PM sent

dpain1 is offline New Member
    I know I checked into it in Vegas, and they want to charge $300 for the initial blood panel then they say average $500 a month for a lousy 1IU a day plus vitamins and b12+albuterol shots. They don't mark up the prescriptions, but they charge a monthly membership fee of like $150 a month. The blood panel is pretty much for show, cause they can make anyone look like they need it. I don't think it's worth it myself. I don't think 1IU a day will really do enough for you.

Alloy is offline Junior Member
    Thanks everyone for the good intel. I'm going to contact a place and listen to what they have to say. I don't need blood work, getting it done this week through my ins. Don't need a saliva test, got that done before I started Androgel . I just need to get on a steady treatment of weekly shots. This feeling like 110% shit all the time has to end.

fiveoooh is offline New Member
    I can only speak of my expirence so I hope it helps. I pay $125 a month plus the costs of my perscriptions. I can handle most of my issues over the phone instead of always going to the office, its very convient. My blood work was covered by insurance and if yours isn't it can be very pricey. All of my scrips are covered by insurance except the Decca which costs me about a $100/bottle. For me if you break down the cost its about $200 a month. Right or wrong, good or bad thats what it is. So far so good for me, almost 2 years on now. 5.0

200 hundred a month? Just for Test thats a rip...

I dont use insurance and pay less...

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveoooh View Post
    I can only speak of my expirence so I hope it helps. I pay $125 a month plus the costs of my perscriptions. I can handle most of my issues over the phone instead of always going to the office, its very convient. My blood work was covered by insurance and if yours isn't it can be very pricey. All of my scrips are covered by insurance except the Decca which costs me about a $100/bottle. For me if you break down the cost its about $200 a month. Right or wrong, good or bad thats what it is. So far so good for me, almost 2 years on now. 5.0
    5.0 can you tell us a lil about your trt history...symptoms before and how you are now...goals and reasons for going on and maybe your gains and all that you've benefited from the deca and the overall therapy...thanks

juice7 is offline New Member
    virtually every study states the risks far outway benefits of daily dosages greater than 1.5 IU daily.

Thread Information