fm2002 is offline Associate Member

Why an increase in Libido after missing 2 weeks of Test E shots ???

Went on a jungle trek and was unable to inject my weekly 125mg of Test E for 2 weeks. During this time especially in the 2nd week I experienced a noticeable increase in libido. I'm wondering why this happened ? I'm thinking maybe my (doctor) 1100 target Total Test level is too high and as my my Test levels lowered I came closer to my actual sweet spot ?

Let me know your thoughts.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    I like youre reason/theory and also could it be change of scenery? Libido isnt all about test, true?

ZonaDave is offline Member
    interesting. could be that your body works better on a lower level of T. it could also have something to do with being on vacation and a reduced stress level.

it's worth looking into and possibly trying a lower dose. can't hurt right?

was your last T level 1100? what day was the blood draw in relation to you shot day?

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Have you checked estrogen? Could be your estrogen was high and came down. I would try lowering your dose. Maybe 1100 isn't your sweet spot.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    wanna tell us alittle about the trek mates? i'm seeing short leather skirts, no undies, leather sports top with just the right about of sweat on the bronze skin....libido increase?
    yeah man.

Seriously, it could have been a drop in the E2 level. There is a thread about aromatase...check it out. I'll attach it later if i find it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ZonaDave View Post
    interesting. could be that your body works better on a lower level of T. it could also have something to do with being on vacation and a reduced stress level.

it's worth looking into and possibly trying a lower dose. can't hurt right?

was your last T level 1100? what day was the blood draw in relation to you shot day?
    I'm semi retired in Thailand so my life is a vacation with little stress. My last T level taken right before I left was around 1300 (I injected 150mg instead of the usual 125mg prior to this test) and blood was drawn as always 3 to 4 days after injection.

My E2 was 33 and am thinking as my T levels lowered so did my E2 which what caused the raise in libido. Looks like my E2 sweet spot is mid 20's.

So the big question is how much T injection coupled with Arimidex to take to achieve a mid 20 E2 level ??? Man I'm tired of getting blood tests

Quote Originally Posted by whiteowl View Post
    wanna tell us alittle about the trek mates? i'm seeing short leather skirts, no undies, leather sports top with just the right about of sweat on the bronze skin....libido increase?
    yeah man.

Seriously, it could have been a drop in the E2 level. There is a thread about aromatase...check it out. I'll attach it later if i find it tonight.

There's definitely something to be said about being in the jungle with your 21 yr. old gf !!!

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't know why people think Test is the everything to sex drive. When I was shut down and did crappy PCT my Testosterone , Serum was 188ng/dl, and Free Testosterone (Direct) was 6.4pg/ml and I still had a good sex drive. Hell on this current cycle I'm on, I was using Tren Ace 100mg/ED, Masteron 100mg/ED, and Test Ace at 50mg/EOD and 4th week I bumped Tren Ace to 150mg/ED and on the 5th week I started getting ridiculously horny.

I still get pissed whenever I hear that bullshit that oh your Test has to be higher than anything else you're using or take more test if you get deca or fina dick. Sex drive has A LOT more to it than just Test and people need to realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post
    I don't know why people think Test is the everything to sex drive. When I was shut down and did crappy PCT my Testosterone , Serum was 188ng/dl, and Free Testosterone (Direct) was 6.4pg/ml and I still had a good sex drive. Hell on this current cycle I'm on, I was using Tren Ace 100mg/ED, Masteron 100mg/ED, and Test Ace at 50mg/EOD and 4th week I bumped Tren Ace to 150mg/ED and on the 5th week I started getting ridiculously horny.

I still get pissed whenever I hear that bullshit that oh your Test has to be higher than anything else you're using or take more test if you get deca or fina dick. Sex drive has A LOT more to it than just Test and people need to realize that.
    Didn't say Test was the only issue, but instead seeing how it might correlate among other things to libido. I don't see in your reply your opinion how it all sorts out. What do you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by fm2002 View Post
    I'm semi retired in Thailand so my life is a vacation with little stress. My last T level taken right before I left was around 1300 (I injected 150mg instead of the usual 125mg prior to this test) and blood was drawn as always 3 to 4 days after injection.

My E2 was 33 and am thinking as my T levels lowered so did my E2 which what caused the raise in libido. Looks like my E2 sweet spot is mid 20's.

So the big question is how much T injection coupled with Arimidex to take to achieve a mid 20 E2 level ??? Man I'm tired of getting blood tests
    some people don't do well on high doses so you should try lowering your daily dose to see what happens and then work on getting your E2 in the 20's.

some people don't do well on high doses so you should try lowering your daily dose to see what happens and then work on getting your E2 in the 20's.
    Agreed. Sounds like more blood testing

well, you can try lowering it to 100mg/week and start with that. to adjust your adex you can monitor symptoms to get it close. alot of guys use night boners as a guage for adex dosing.

romo6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post

I agree,test does not have to be higher than the other compounds your running that is very old school,truthfully just a hrt dose would be fine.

i find even injecting 40mg 2x/week puts me close to the top of the range. it's a little lower when i shoot weekly. with a top range of 1100, you be surprized how good you can feel at 800-900. i find things get too far out of wack when my T level gets too high.

i find even injecting 40mg 2x/week puts me close to the top of the range. it's a little lower when i shoot weekly. with a top range of 1100, you be surprized how good you can feel at 800-900. i find things get too far out of wack when my T level gets too high.
    interesting...i too have been doing well on 100mg ew...libido sky high...mood good...
    keepin the adex still .25 eod and usually that extra day to make a whole 1mg for the week....
    zona, u mentioned cutting your arimidex dose down to less than .25 and maybe more frequent...have u started that?

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    interesting...i too have been doing well on 100mg ew...libido sky high...mood good...
    keepin the adex still .25 eod and usually that extra day to make a whole 1mg for the week....
    zona, u mentioned cutting your arimidex dose down to less than .25 and maybe more frequent...have u started that?
    my libido has been lagging since i started TRT and i've always been on the high side of the T range so i wanted to try something different. i slowly started lowering my dosage because i want to be in the 800-900 range. every 20mg of T seems to drop my numbers by 200 so right now i'm on 50mg 2x/week and i feel really good. i have alot less anxiety and i'm sleeping better. i'm still having great workouts so i'm going to hold steady at this dose until i get retested in a few months.

i was on .25mg of adex EOD but that was too much and i want to stay within the 50 hour half-life to avoid ups and downs so now i split the tab in half, then i split the half into three wedges. i can't use a pill splitter for this so i just use a single edge razor blade. so far so good...

my libido has been lagging since i started TRT and i've always been on the high side of the T range so i wanted to try something different. i slowly started lowering my dosage because i want to be in the 800-900 range. every 20mg of T seems to drop my numbers by 200 so right now i'm on 50mg 2x/week and i feel really good. i have alot less anxiety and i'm sleeping better. i'm still having great workouts so i'm going to hold steady at this dose until i get retested in a few months.

i was on .25mg of adex EOD but that was too much and i want to stay within the 50 hour half-life to avoid ups and downs so now i split the tab in half, then i split the half into three wedges. i can't use a pill splitter for this so i just use a single edge razor blade. so far so good...
    ok so thats approx .16 or .17 (however big the piece ends up) ..how often do you take that? also eod? and hows the libido since you've started that?

You know I went back to my original baseline test (before I started anything) and found my E2 level was 20 and Total T was 552. As far as libido was concerned things were good. What I'm going to try and do is get my Total T around 900 and E2 around 20. Easy to say / hard to do, but I think a good start for me will be 75-100mg of Test E per week and .25 Arimidex EOD. Will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    ok so thats approx .16 or .17 (however big the piece ends up) ..how often do you take that? also eod? and hows the libido since you've started that?
    correct, and i take the .17mg of adex on Mon, Wed, Fri. so far so good but i think i'll have to tweek the adex to get optimal resutls. my libido has increased and EQ is improving.

some guys feel better on higher doses but i feel really good so far with 50mg 2x/week so i'm going to stick it out here for awhile. i'm 42 so it might have something to do with my age.

correct, and i take the .17mg of adex on Mon, Wed, Fri. so far so good but i think i'll have to tweek the adex to get optimal resutls. my libido has increased and EQ is improving.

some guys feel better on higher doses but i feel really good so far with 50mg 2x/week so i'm going to stick it out here for awhile. i'm 42 so it might have something to do with my age.
    Good luck ZD ! I have yet to start back on the Test E. Actually things aren't that bad w/o it.

subnet is offline Associate Member
    fm - how many days since your last injection?

Quote Originally Posted by subnet View Post
    fm - how many days since your last injection?
    About 4 1/2 weeks. Thinking that I've gone this far I would stay off a few more weeks and see through bloodtests if my body was able to reset and where that reset level will be. In particular Total T, Free T, E2 and DHT

Thread Information