shredhead is offline New Member

what are some of the bad things HGH can do to you?

i always read how great hgh is and all these great things, but surely there are some bad things that can come up???

durak is offline Member
    i am curious as well.

bowers32 is offline Junior Member
    I am researching as TRT may not be the answer for me.

I am hearing a lot of discussion on water retention and joint pain. It seems that it is best to start at a lower level like 2 or 3 IUs and then slowly move up.

It is like most anything else... people that go overboard and go really high levels, and thus defeating the purpose of HRT, end up with some bad side affects. If too high for too long, you could literally have things like jawbones that grow etc...

If used properly, I understand it helps with sleep (thank god) even skin tone and also is a huge help on body composition.... both putting on muscle and fat loss. I understan that 3 ius is what is good for fat loss.

The down side is that it is much more expensive than TRT, is usally done 5 days on 2 days off (though some do every day) and takes several months (4-6) before you really start seeing good results.

I am sure there are many others on this board that can add a lot more expertise than I on this subject.

sorry but what does TRT stand for?

Jumbo18 is offline Associate Member
    Testosterone Replacement Therapy

TRT is basically where you take Testosterone injections to increase your levels..... HGH is taken to basically increase your IGF levels... I may have over simplified this but I think that is the main difference

flybynight is offline New Member
    Just my 2 cents, because I'm one of those rare people that actually has pituitary problems and found out I don't make much HGH, if any: I've been on different doses of HGH for 3 years now, from 1 iu to 5IU daily. Because of the cost, I've basically charted cost versus benefit the entire time.

For me, since I make little or none myself, 2 IUs a day gives me my minimum positive IFG-1 levels in the normal range when my bloodwork is done. When I increase, I have sides like wrist and mild joint pain, blurry vision, and I go high blood sugar. As a diabetic, I'm already prepared for fluctuations in blood sugar... but for those of you unfamiliar with it, boy, HGH drives your blood sugar up dramatically... so definitely watch it. That's probably the most dangerous side, pushing your blood sugar up to the point where you actually, clinically, start to predispose to being a type 2 diabetic... this happens slowly over time, and diabetes related deaths are much higher than publicized. Average Joe dies of a heart attack, and that's how they write it up. Of course, average Joe also had diabetes, which probably brought it on earlier... but it won't get credit for it. Same with kidney failure and strokes, etc.

You can go to a Right Aid or whatever and get a little diabetes testing kit. Easy stuff, pick your finger and measure your blood. Normal is between 80-120 or so. Do this before HGH. Now take HGH for a couple of days and test again, etc, and do so every few weeks to make sure you're not drifting up into the upper 100s / 200s, which is bad news.

Last note: TRT has an infinitely more dramatic effect on your body mass / composition than HGH, hands down. Not even close. If you read this board carefully, you'll find WAY more posts talking about how great someone feels on TRT... and the posts centered around HGH usually have something to do with "trying it out" or "beginning HGH". You don't really see pages of glowing results like TRT... and that's for a reason.

I went on TRT last November when my T levels were down, and holy mother of GOD it made a much greater impact than 2 years of HGH. It was like liquid gold, and I had to be careful not to go overboard. So now I balance HGH and TRT perfectly without much sides, and take an AI once or twice a week to throttle things down. I'm so nailed down to perfection with my crazy injections (insulin , HGH, TRT, HCG ), that I'm found my perfect combo:

HGH 2 IU daily, TRT 3x week x 50mg sub Q, not IM (MWF), Insulin daily with meals, HCG 2x week x 250 IU (sat / sun). Liquidex 2x week x .25 (MF), Liquid Tamox 1xweek x 20mg (S). Obviously, the insulin is mandatory for a type 1 diabetic like me.

By they way, TRT itself raises HGH and IGF-1 levels, keep that in mind. I would only bother with the cost and pain of daily dosing of HGH if 1) you have to like me or 2) you're doing a cycle and really serious about working out daily.

Otherwise, if it were optional for me, I'd take it out of the above entirely.... again, if I were normal like you.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by flybynight; 05-06-2010 at 12:00 PM.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    its can rapidly spread cancer cells

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flybynight View Post
    Just my 2 cents, because I'm one of those rare people that actually has pituitary problems and found out I don't make much HGH, if any: I've been on different doses of HGH for 3 years now, from 1 iu to 5IU daily. Because of the cost, I've basically charted cost versus benefit the entire time.

For me, since I make little or none myself, 2 IUs a day gives me my minimum positive IFG-1 levels in the normal range when my bloodwork is done. When I increase, I have sides like wrist and mild joint pain, blurry vision, and I go high blood sugar. As a diabetic, I'm already prepared for fluctuations in blood sugar... but for those of you unfamiliar with it, boy, HGH drives your blood sugar up dramatically... so definitely watch it. That's probably the most dangerous side, pushing your blood sugar up to the point where you actually, clinically, start to predispose to being a type 2 diabetic... this happens slowly over time, and diabetes related deaths are much higher than publicized. Average Joe dies of a heart attack, and that's how they write it up. Of course, average Joe also had diabetes, which probably brought it on earlier... but it won't get credit for it. Same with kidney failure and strokes, etc.

You can go to a Right Aid or whatever and get a little diabetes testing kit. Easy stuff, pick your finger and measure your blood. Normal is between 80-120 or so. Do this before HGH. Now take HGH for a couple of days and test again, etc, and do so every few weeks to make sure you're not drifting up into the upper 100s / 200s, which is bad news.

Last note: TRT has an infinitely more dramatic effect on your body mass / composition than HGH, hands down. Not even close. If you read this board carefully, you'll find WAY more posts talking about how great someone feels on TRT... and the posts centered around HGH usually have something to do with "trying it out" or "beginning HGH". You don't really see pages of glowing results like TRT... and that's for a reason.

I went on TRT last November when my T levels were down, and holy mother of GOD it made a much greater impact than 2 years of HGH. It was like liquid gold, and I had to be careful not to go overboard. So now I balance HGH and TRT perfectly without much sides, and take an AI once or twice a week to throttle things down. I'm so nailed down to perfection with my crazy injections (insulin , HGH, TRT, HCG ), that I'm found my perfect combo:

HGH 2 IU daily, TRT 3x week x 50mg sub Q, not IM (MWF), Insulin daily with meals, HCG 2x week x 250 IU (sat / sun). Liquidex 2x week x .25 (MF), Liquid Tamox 1xweek x 20mg (S). Obviously, the insulin is mandatory for a type 1 diabetic like me.

By they way, TRT itself raises HGH and IGF-1 levels, keep that in mind. I would only bother with the cost and pain of daily dosing of HGH if 1) you have to like me or 2) you're doing a cycle and really serious about working out daily.

Otherwise, if it were optional for me, I'd take it out of the above entirely.... again, if I were normal like you.

Hope this helps.
    Informative post ... Thanks for sharing this.

very interesting..... I had always heard that TRT was more for feeling good and over all well being... and HGH was for body composition.

Plus everyone says to don't take HGH without test....

At 48 and as someone that works out hard and heavy 5 days a week, the body composition part of HGH is tempting.. Meanwhile, at 48, the affects of TRT on feeling better, more energy, libdo etc... are also useful.

Although now I am hearing a lot of people talking about taking Anavar for a few months with TRT to help aid in the body composition short term to get to a better level of fitness that can be maintained. Seems that Anavar is a mild steriod and easy on the liver and therefore you can really keep most of the gains you get off of it.

That's why this board is so helpful..... lots of information on all the options.

Great info thanks

rmacgurn is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    its can rapidly spread cancer cells
    I think this is a nonsense theory some docs had years ago. Try to find one scientific paper to prove that. Also few children get cancer when HGH levels are highest. I know that proves nothing also but i have not seen any conclusive research to prove that HGH somehow cause cancer to spread more rapidly. Please post up some if you know of it....

nwjt is offline Associate Member
    HGH causes EVERYTHING to grow including your brain. You can die from brain edema. Your organs grow bigger inside your gut and push it out like you are really fat.

rmacgurn is offline Banned

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by nwjt View Post
    HGH causes EVERYTHING to grow including your brain. You can die from brain edema. Your organs grow bigger inside your gut and push it out like you are really fat.
    Since this is the site for HRT and antiaging posts I will disagree with your statements, we are talking about replacement doses limited to IGF-1 levels of 300-350max. I know of no reported issues of organ growth or published studies showing what you claim. now at 8-10ius a day we have a different story. I recently did a full chest scan and everything is normal size after more then 10 years on 2-3ius a day...there have been some issues of blood sugar TIID reported but I have to wonder how many use it and then eat in less than 1 hr which raises glucose and reduced ins effect....

to be fair new things are published all the time, so again i invite you to post up a study supporting your claim at replacement doses...

nwjt is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmacgurn View Post
    Since this is the site for HRT and antiaging posts I will disagree with your statements, we are talking about replacement doses limited to IGF-1 levels of 300-350max. I know of no reported issues of organ growth or published studies showing what you claim. now at 8-10ius a day we have a different story. I recently did a full chest scan and everything is normal size after more then 10 years on 2-3ius a day...there have been some issues of blood sugar TIID reported but I have to wonder how many use it and then eat in less than 1 hr which raises glucose and reduced ins effect....

to be fair new things are published all the time, so again i invite you to post up a study supporting your claim at replacement doses...
    Just because you don't know of any doesn't mean it doesn't exists. I am not going to waste my time posting links, you can do your own research. Try google for HGH and Organ Growth

Maybe in terms of TRT its safe and these sides are minimized beyong measurment but I am thinking of pro body builders who had had issues with it in the doses they take. So I offered a general answer instead of keeping within a specific context.

EDIT: If I could get HGH I would, its what stallone uses.

killswitch is offline New Member
    My doc told me to start with trt and give it 6 months.. If at that point I was interested in hgh we would proceed... Its very expensive (300$-500$) a month, so my doc was like don't waste your money until you see how the trt works for you.

On the issue of organ growth... appropriate levels of hgh replacement will not cause these problems.. It happens when its abused ..i.e. the gh bellies and so forth. This was from my doc, whom I trust completely.

Lastly, my doc informed me it takes 3 to 6 months of hgh therapy to notice changes, so you must be $$$ invested for at least that amount of time

Peace

Thread Information