Also having Sleep issues on TRT-Need help

I'm 42 and I've been on TRT for 9 months. Previous to the treatment I've had sleep issues on and off for many years, however I usually managed to get a solid 5-6 hours a few nights a week and wake up feeling like I'd had I full night's rest. I haven't been an "8 hour" sleeper since my 20's which is when my Low-T issues began. YES- it is very likely I have sleep apnea. I haven't had the study, however I'm almost 100% certain I do. All the signs are there, I've heard about it from others who've [tried sleeping] around me and it runs in the family.

Previous to the TRT, I'd wake up every morning from pain. My whole body ached and my arms were the worse. The pain and stiffness would usually begin to fade as soon as I got out of bed and I'd feel somewhat normal in about 15-20 mins. After about a week on the TRT, the pain stopped! Hallelujah! As a result, my sleep improved. This lasted about a month or so. Then about 2-3 months into the TRT I began waking up continually throughout the night. The worst part is, I'd wake up and it felt as if I'd slept an entire evening; so I'd look at the clock and only 45 mins to a hour had passed!! I go through this all night long. Sleep for maybe 45 mins and wake thinking it's been all night. I actually feel like I could get out of bed and go. But I "force" myself back to sleep and start the cycle all over.

Falling asleep is never a problem, staying asleep is. So I talked to my Dr. who prescribed Lunesta. No change at all! Then I tried Ambien; same thing. No help at all!! Lately I've began sliding off the bed and I wake up sitting on the floor with my back against the bed without knowing how I got there. this happens about 3-5 times a night.

Any ideas guys? I really could use some help

bowers32 is offline Junior Member
    as you know from my thread on this.... this situation sucks big time... it totally overwhelms any possible "good things" that my come from TRT.

In all my research on TRT this was one of the side affects I heard about, and I went through about two weeks making sure I documented everything I was taking and when to ensure that I could pinpoint it to TRT and did.

I hope you get some good answers and if I do on my end I will be sure to share with you as well.

Thanks much bowers32! Appreciate the support; it's kind of why I posted on you thread to begin with, I figured since we were both suffering from the same thing, it'd help us both. However I understand the etiquette of posting. I'll let you know what I hear.

P.S. I did hear once person mention that they began taking HGH and it helped their sleep among other things. I'll see if I can find the thread again and link to it. Good luck!

Vettester is offline Banned
    Have you ran a full BW panel recently just to rule everything out?

Also, could there be anything involved with the diet that might be contributing to this? Possibly caffeine too late, or sugar? I've noticed that as I've got older, I've had to cut the coffee by 2:00 PM or so, or it winds me up in the night. Wasn't like that when I was younger.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I have insomnia on and off. I use trazadone with some success and ambien sometimes. It's no fun being sleep deprived.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Have you ran a full BW panel recently just to rule everything out?

Also, could there be anything involved with the diet that might be contributing to this? Possibly caffeine too late, or sugar? I've noticed that as I've got older, I've had to cut the coffee by 2:00 PM or so, or it winds me up in the night. Wasn't like that when I was younger.
    Yes I had a workup about 3 weeks ago and my doctor did not notice anything significant.

As for diet, I know what you mean, as I get older, if I drink coffee or soda late in the day, I can pretty much forget about going to sleep until very late.

Quote Originally Posted by THORSZ View Post
    I have insomnia on and off. I use trazadone with some success and ambien sometimes. It's no fun being sleep deprived.
    I have not tried Tazadone however I have taken both Abien and Lunesta; neither of which helped. And you're right, it's NO FUN at all being sleep deprived!

Thread Information