Thread: Dr. says no

grayhulk is offline New Member

Dr. says no

Background is, age 36, 6'2" 320# bf is maybe 25%. I am prescribed 300mg testosterone enanthate once a week. I took a shot and got a blood test 7 days later and had a test score of 700+ and estrogen of 90. After talking to you guys on this forum, I called my doctor and told him I was going to get an estrogen blocker on my own unless he prescribe one to me. He told me no and said my estrogen would come down if I lost weight. I have gained about 15 pounds of what I consider water weight in the last month and a half since starting 300mg a week.

I took 150mg today and am going to take another 150mg 3.5 days from now. I'm hoping that by not spiking my test, my estrogen will come down. I am also going to look into buy an estrogen blocker but I really have no idea of how to go about this on my own. I don't want to do anything illegal. I also don't want to buy some snake oil treatment. I have seen that you can buy arimidex online but I'm not sure if you need a prescription. Does anyone buy this stuff online? I know there are other types of estrogen blockers. Any ideas? Any ideas of the best place to buy? Sorry for the long post buy I am really committed to getting this right, even if my doctor is not.

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    Yeah bro! easy just got to the top right corner with the ar-r banner. That stuff is for "research purposes" (LOL) and its legit. Everyone on this site will vow for them.

Make sure you do your research first on whatever you decide to get.

GL
    -CMB-

Vettester is offline Banned
    Yeah, you can get some Liquidex at AR-R . I've taken it before and can attest that it works.

Get that diet dialed in and keep the cardio up and that will also help your numbers.

Also, good for you with speaking your mind to the doc! More people need to nut up to the doc when they feel strong about their concerns.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    youre gaining water weight and have a 90 e2 thats a problem for sure ...
    heard all good things about the liquidex from ar
    Last edited by zaggahamma; 05-15-2010 at 10:38 PM.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    More drivel from a doc who is incompetent. Amazing. He is aware that you can't (in a healthy way) drop to 15% body fat in a week or two, right? He is aware that you can develop serious and permanent side effects from having your E2 levels too high for more than a couple of weeks, right? Tell him he'll be paying for your gyno surgery if you develop bitch tits.

I use LiquiDex from AR-R . Seems to be working well for me. My doc would prescribe an AI, but it would cost me considerably more than it does from AR-R since my insurance doesn't cover my HRT.

Once again, thanks for the responses! I'm going to order the LiquiDex right now.

PPC
    PPC is offline Super Knowledgeable ~ Female Member
    You'll possibly still need the liquidex even after you have lost weight. Many guys do armomatize T to E due to fat but after fat loss the cells have learned to do it and simply remember.

Not a big deal though, taking small amounts of liquidex is not a hardship.

I have put on some noticeable belly fat and boob fat recently. I also seem to get hard nipples all the time now. I have never really been one for having nipplons in the past. I ordered the Liqidex today but I'm not really sure how much I should take when I get it. I don't have another doctors appointment for 4 month so I won't really be checking my levels until then.

bowers32 is offline Junior Member
    This is good advice from some very knowledgable folks on this board.... so many people and Dr really ignore the Estrogen level and that was something that I learned early on and was amazed that it keeps you on an endless cycle.

You have high body fat... therefore your estrogen is high.... and now you have high body fat because your estrogen is high.

Diet and cardio are key no doubt but for someone who is just starting on the path to TRT, the anti E may be as importat as the test to help get the bodyfat dialed in.

I am in the same boat as the OP... my estrogen was very high as was my bodyfat... been workign on the cardio and diet and taking anti-E so looking forward to seeing what happens to my levels when I get tested next.

tubs is offline Associate Member
    the guy is probably right that it will go down with weight loss but still an a hole for not giving you something in the mean time.
    glad you got it figured out but a shame you have to do it on your own.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    just my .02...when i was losing weight and fat when i first started on trt...my e2 DIDNT decrease...I NEEDED AN AI....straight out....end of story...repeat...just my .02

I can't wait to try the Liqidex! I'll keep you all posted.

I found it a bit overwhelming given the choices so I asked my doctor, who had already agreed it couldn't hurt to take and Estrogen blocker [along with DHEA I was starting] and he recommended I get the "Anti-Aromatization Formula" from Schwartz Labs. So far I've been taking 2 a day for about a week. Is this stuff any good? how long should it be before I notice any changes and if so, what? Is this a good dose? I don't mean to thread-jack but since we're already on the subject and last time I posted a thread on it, I got no response; I hope you'll please bare with me. Your understanding is appreciated. Thanks!

Bigdog99 is offline Member

Liquidex

Long time lurker...first post. You guys are great. Running my 3rd cycle--this time with Sustaplex 325....Tren A 100 and some Winnies. First two times I ran without reading your board and got some nasty sides from the Tren and this time...I am glad I found you all. Anyway b/c of reading the board and talking advice for many on here....I ordered and just got my Liquidex in the mail today---2 days shipping....I was shocked. Awesome service. Came in a plain white bubble wrap mailer....very discret. No worries gtg. Thanks everyone....

Bigdog99 is offline Member

GrayHulk

Also--GrayHulk..let me know how the Liquidex works for you...I have similar Stats....38 6'4 310 and ~20% BF. Lifting for 25 years. I would interested to know how bigger guys like us carring higher BF% make out using it.

tubs is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    just my .02...when i was losing weight and fat when i first started on trt...my e2 DIDNT decrease...I NEEDED AN AI....straight out....end of story...repeat...just my .02
    I want to make sure I undersatnd. You needed a block when you started, you have lost a lot of weight and you still need the same block?

I also started with arimidex but think I will be able to cut my dose with time and weight loss. I am waiting to see what my blood work shows on my test next month to see if it has changed any since i have lost quite a bit and am much stronger now. It has been great watching the belly fat go down - never really had any anywhere else.

Thread Information