mang is offline New Member

Showed my doc whos boss LOL

Little long but I feel that most of you will appreciate this.

So my doctor originally prescribed me test enan, 100mg every 4 WEEKS. As most of us know this dose will not suffice in an effective TRT regimen. I took the script and was on my way, low and behold after trial and error, I feel that 200mg/weekly has fit me best. So when I went back to the doc 2 months later(last week) he said how are you doing with the 100mg/every 4 weeks?", I said " Well I started out with 100/mg weekly and I bumped it up to 200/mg weekly a couple weeks after and I feel pretty good taking this dose". Doc replies," SO, your taking 8 TIMES what I prescribed you ?!" I said " Yes, well the half life of test enan is only 7-8 days and common TRT doses are 100-200/mg's a week." He responded with, " Well everyone has a different situation but once these blood results come back, I think your test levels with be in the thousands!" I said," Well see what happens.." Two days later I receive a phone call from my doctors nurse and she said," After the doctor reviewed your blood test, your Test came back and 785 and your estrogen came back at 91, so the Doctor would like you to continue your dose of 200mg's a week" I said "thank you very much" but what I was really thinking to myself was "F*CKIN A RIGHT DOGGY! Thank you to my homeboys at Steroid .com" haha, with that said, thanks again to all the fellas that have offered their input, advice and experiences, you have helped me out a lot with this ordeal. I will say though, I do feel better SOMETIMES while on TRT , I am now wondering how the e2 level of 90 is affecting my progress. So I will have to tackle this one next. Any suggestions ??

To the guys that are currently researching for their own situations: You are in the right place ! a lot of really nice guys with a lot of insight here.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Mang, you get the gold star for the week, and my car on Friday night. Just bring it back full!!!

Usually those types of docs would have been calling the DEA and FBI after hearing what you did, but it sounds like you got through. Risky strategy, but it paid off, you're the man!

Now for the E2, yeah man you need to get a AI real quick. Does your doctor see the obstacle with having your E2 real high, or does that not concern him. If needed, get some Aromasin through AR-R . Keep an eye on your levels, don't want it going too low either. 20-40 range is my personal target zone.

I suppose doctors have to go through the proper proceduresd to cover their behinds however, I know how you feel. While my doctor has not been quite as bad, there have been a few times where I've had to *push* the issue before I got his agreement. All in all he's been *very* supportive and I'm glad to have him as a doctor, however I've had to be the one to make the suggestions and present my argument with data to back it up and then he'll agree and sign off. I kind of wish he'd be more proactive and be the one educating me, rather than me having to learn it on my own. But I digress.

In answer to your question, you can get estrogen blockers over the counter. Although you'll most likely have to order them on line. I found it a bit overwhelming given the choices so I asked my doctor, [who had already agreed it couldn't hurt to take along with DHEA] and he recommended I get the "Anti-Aromatization Formula" from Schwartz Labs. it cost me $16.99 for one bottle of 60 capsules to be taken 2 a day. The DHEA I'm taking I got at Wallgreen's. I started off taking 1 25mg a day, but bumped it to 2 a day to see what would happen. So far so good. I feel I have a little more energy and I don't get as drastic a dip in the days just before my next injection is due.

gongshow is offline Junior Member
    bro howd you get you doc to give you a perscription. That would be alot cleaner and cheaper????

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gongshow View Post
    bro howd you get you doc to give you a perscription. That would be alot cleaner and cheaper????
    You either got to bribe em, or you beat em til they give in and write that script. I think Mang has some mafia ties, so it's pretty easy for him to make his case.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Mang! LOVE it! Had you followed along like a sheep you would be facing several months of a long, uphill battle trying to reach the level you're at now. That would have been time lost and needless suffering. By taking your health care plan in your own hands and acting responsibly and logically based on the info you've been able to obtain on forums like these and based on how you feel, you've been able to attain a level of well-being you might never have seen going on your doctors input alone. THAT is the way to do it. Take charge!

mang is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Mang, you get the gold star for the week, and my car on Friday night. Just bring it back full!!!

Usually those types of docs would have been calling the DEA and FBI after hearing what you did, but it sounds like you got through. Risky strategy, but it paid off, you're the man!

Now for the E2, yeah man you need to get a AI real quick. Does your doctor see the obstacle with having your E2 real high, or does that not concern him. If needed, get some Aromasin through AR-R. Keep an eye on your levels, don't want it going too low either. 20-40 range is my personal target zone.

I was thinking of moving to california in the fall and I am subbed to this thread so I will hold you to taking your car out for the night! lol

I am in the process of researching with e2's I'm just a bit skeptical about the drop in sex drive some may cause and joint issues. I already have a few sore joints ( not sure from trt or just abuse from manual labor) but I definitely dont want to worsen the pain I already have. I got some homework to do but thanks for the suggestion, it will be at the top of my AI research list. As for mafia ties, I am 80% italian so we'll just leave it at that haha

Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    I suppose doctors have to go through the proper proceduresd to cover their behinds however, I know how you feel. While my doctor has not been quite as bad, there have been a few times where I've had to *push* the issue before I got his agreement. All in all he's been *very* supportive and I'm glad to have him as a doctor, however I've had to be the one to make the suggestions and present my argument with data to back it up and then he'll agree and sign off. I kind of wish he'd be more proactive and be the one educating me, rather than me having to learn it on my own. But I digress.

In answer to your question, you can get estrogen blockers over the counter. Although you'll most likely have to order them on line. I found it a bit overwhelming given the choices so I asked my doctor, [who had already agreed it couldn't hurt to take along with DHEA] and he recommended I get the "Anti-Aromatization Formula" from Schwartz Labs. it cost me $16.99 for one bottle of 60 capsules to be taken 2 a day. The DHEA I'm taking I got at Wallgreen's. I started off taking 1 25mg a day, but bumped it to 2 a day to see what would happen. So far so good. I feel I have a little more energy and I don't get as drastic a dip in the days just before my next injection is due.
    Glad to hear you have an overall pleasant relationship with your doctor. It can be so frustrating to deal with when they will not work with you. Seems like hes somewhat open minded too so thats pretty awesome. Most doc's don't even wanna hear what you have to say anout anything pertaining to medicine which is pretty arrogant but luckily you don't have this problem. Wish it could be like this for everyone. I'll check out the AI's you recommended, perhaps an OTC would be good to try first to see how I react to an AI. What is DHEA's role in this ??

Quote Originally Posted by gongshow View Post
    Sorry but this statement doesn't really make sense to me, can you rephrase it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Ed View Post
    Mang! LOVE it! Had you followed along like a sheep you would be facing several months of a long, uphill battle trying to reach the level you're at now. That would have been time lost and needless suffering. By taking your health care plan in your own hands and acting responsibly and logically based on the info you've been able to obtain on forums like these and based on how you feel, you've been able to attain a level of well-being you might never have seen going on your doctors input alone. THAT is the way to do it. Take charge!
    I am so happy I took the initiative man, I have been a "sheep" for a long time prior to TRT. Maybe this boost in test gave me the extra edge to take charge? Thanks for the support as well dude, its nice to hear this sort of stuff coming from someone who is in the same boat as I am in . Perhaps tell me a story so I can give you kudos as well !

Thread Information