Black is offline Anabolic Member

TRT and injections in the long-term

I was just wondering the other day about injecting for years and years. What happens to the skin and receptor sites?

For instance, injections cause scar tissue. After years of injecting, how bad does scar tissue build up? Does it ever become a problem injecting? I don't want to be 10 years down the road with a ton of scar tissue in my quads, glutes and delts.

And for receptor sites, after years of frequent injections, do they become saturated and less receptive? Or is this not a problem?

Scar tissue? Is is possible you're using too big of a needle? Personally I don't notice any scaring. I know there's an issue with drawing the Test Cyp from the vial due to it's viscosity, so what some people do is draw with a large needle and inject with a smaller one. If that doesn't work and you're that concerned, I suppose another alternative would be to have your spouse help out and give you the injections in your glutes?

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I asked my doctor that same question and he said I could hit just my glutes once a week and never have a problem. I just alternate sides.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I asked my doctor that same question and he said I could hit just my glutes once a week and never have a problem. I just alternate sides.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond View Post
    I was just wondering the other day about injecting for years and years. What happens to the skin and receptor sites?

For instance, injections cause scar tissue. After years of injecting, how bad does scar tissue build up? Does it ever become a problem injecting? I don't want to be 10 years down the road with a ton of scar tissue in my quads, glutes and delts.

And for receptor sites, after years of frequent injections, do they become saturated and less receptive? Or is this not a problem?
    Doc told me to alternate glutes each week and should never have a problem. I draw with a 21 gauge and shoot with a 23.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    I inject 2x a week. I alternate left quad, left glute, left delt, right delt, right quad, right glute. I withdrawl with a 18g needle and use a 23-25g for injections (1" for quads and delts. 1 1/2" for glutes).

I wasn't sure that even with a small guage as 25, that after years and years of therapy some scar tissue wouldn't form. I don't notice any, but also don't really know what to look for.

Looks like I have nothing to worry about. Thanks for the responses.

Thread Information