setian is offline Associate Member

TRT and shutdown

Is a TRT does of test enough to shut that person's natural levels down completely? For example if you are around 180 total test level and go on TRT 200mg a week (or what the doc prescribes) after time would your body completely shut down test production since it's all coming synthetically now? Will your balls shrink on TRT doses?

I know people who need TRT are already nearly shutdown anyways. I am just curious.

jeepers is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by setian View Post
    Is a TRT does of test enough to shut that person's natural levels down completely? For example if you are around 180 total test level and go on TRT 200mg a week (or what the doc prescribes) after time would your body completely shut down test production since it's all coming synthetically now? Will your balls shrink on TRT doses?

I know people who need TRT are already nearly shutdown anyways. I am just curious.
    In my opinion YES. it will shut you down. Why do TRT if you don't have to... ???

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Yes, taking TRT/HRT will shut down your naturally production of testosterone

jeepers is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Yes, taking TRT/HRT will shut down your naturally production of testosterone

It doesn't shut you down like Deca ..... ask me how I know (kidding)

sound advise man.....

Quote Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
    In my opinion YES. it will shut you down. Why do TRT if you don't have to... ???
    My buddy that is now just on TRT was telling me that it won't shut him down after I said it would. He was tested at 180 test level and said that this TRT will just add another 800 on top of what he was already at. Which he was re-tested after being on TRT and is now at 900+.

I think he just doesn't want to admit that his balls will shrink Who cares I say! I agree now...may as well really use the stuff and not do a TRT dosage.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Yes and uhmm yes

call me sr. huevitos

My buddy that is now just on TRT was telling me that it won't shut him down after I said it would. He was tested at 180 test level and said that this TRT will just add another 800 on top of what he was already at. Which he was re-tested after being on TRT and is now at 900+.

I think he just doesn't want to admit that his balls will shrink Who cares I say! I agree now...may as well really use the stuff and not do a TRT dosage.
    It doesnt work like that, the body regulates itself via the negative feedback loop so once your friend starts taking TRT it wont take long before the body shuts down its own production,when he was tested the results came back from his TRT dose only,

So any dosage of test will eventually cause shutdown and testicle atrophy? Smaller amount will just take more time and a larger amount will take shorter time?\
    I think his doc's are lying to him or something.

So any dosage of test will eventually cause shutdown and testicle atrophy? Smaller amount will just take more time and a larger amount will take shorter time?\
    I think his doc's are lying to him or something.
    During any kind of testosterone administration weather that's a cycle or TRT your natural testosterone production will decrease, depending on the time scale we are talking about but in many cases to zero. The shutdown will trigger a decrease in spermatogensis and testicle atrophy, there are studies available which show dosages of 100mgs of exogenous androgens causing the HPTA to be signaled to stop natural production

crg
    crg is offline Junior Member
    timley post, it's happening to me right now. I'm on TRT for about a month and a half and balls are already shrinking. I see the doc tomorrow to discuss HCG and Adex.

I dont see how anyone could escape shrinkage with ANY test product without adding HCG to force the boys to get back to work?

MikhailC is offline New Member
    alright so there is no chance in getting my wife pregnant now.... this ****ing sucks.... i am on TRT because i have ZERO libido, i have NO LH or FSH, and my wife and i want to have a normal marriage... what the hell am i supposed to do now... the doctor didn't tell me it would cause hypogonadism

xpunksurferx is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailC View Post
    alright so there is no chance in getting my wife pregnant now.... this ****ing sucks.... i am on TRT because i have ZERO libido, i have NO LH or FSH, and my wife and i want to have a normal marriage... what the hell am i supposed to do now... the doctor didn't tell me it would cause hypogonadism
    HCG /clomid should get you working again, and if I am not mistaken, will help you become more fertile

Vettester is offline Banned
    Like others have stated, look at HCG . You can still have kids while on TRT.

EZ E is offline Associate Member
    If your doc won't get you on HCG so you can have kids stop the TRT and see if he will put you on Clomid/Nolvadex until you get your wife pregnant. Clomid is very commonly used for fertility treatment in men so it shouldn't be an issue. Once your wife is pregnant you can go back on TRT. Clomid/Novadex will also increase your test levels, hopefully enough to regain some of your libido.

Quote Originally Posted by MikhailC View Post
    There are ways and means to get your wife pregnant while on TRT, as stated look into hcg /clomid

MikhailC is offline New Member
    thanks guys that's what i have been reading all morning gonna make an appt for next week hopefully.

durak is offline Member
    Anyone know how effective hcg /clomid is for fertility? Or any examples of know people that had read problems or unable to have kids? My new endo at the Cleveland Clinc said it is not a given you will be able to have kids.

I will try to get the odds from get next visit. She suggests the clomid and hcg combo without test for those looking to have kids in the future. However, she is cool enough to respect my with to stay on test and hcg.

Thread Information