Slide is offline Associate Member

TRT and fertility?

I just had my first endo apt. My test levels have been low in two separate blood test six months apart (under 200).

Stats:
    30 y/o
    6' 195 lbs

I have zero sex drive and gain weight very easily. I really want to get put on trt to feel better but my fiancé and I want to have kids soon (within the next year). What do you all think? Can I do trt and hcg to remain fertile? What dose of hcg? Do I have to delay trt till I am done having kids?

Thanks all.

EZ E is offline Associate Member
    It's really going to depend on your doc. Many don't normally prescribe HCG along with TRT so it could be a tough sell. If he won't go for it try to get him to give you Clomid/Nolvadex and hope your wife gets pregnant soon. If the doc won't budge find another doc or get the Clomid/Nolvadex from AR-R and do it yourself.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    if you have alot of low test symptoms go see and endo,

with your ranges in the 200's your a def. candidate.

its easy to get hCG as well, just tell your doc your thinking of having kids.

chrisdc is offline New Member
    my buddy is on trt and seeing a fertility doc also.....its amount of sperm you need to find out about..u can have low and high test levels and low sperm...he had 1.6 miiion swimmers was put on hcg and in a 4 wks went up over 4 mil..baby on way..hcg is gold standard..puts sperm at the forefront no matter what test level are..his were only low 400s

Vettester is offline Banned
    Agree with the HCG advise. It shouldn't be too tough of a sell with a doc knowing your objective is to procreate.

Slide is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the input guys. So hcg works really well for getting good sperm? Would they put someone on it even without Test as a fertility drug? I don't see why my doc would be against it, it is not like trying to get var.

Also what dose did people run on the hcg? I know people run it on their cycles (500iu every few days?) but I understand you can become desensitized to it over time? Should I wait to take it until I am ready to have kids or run it right up until then (it's probably about six, months till we would start trying)...

MikhailC is offline New Member
    this thread has saved me... thanks

Slide, I've worked with a doc in California before that has administered HCG only therapy to some of his clients. I don't know all the particulars of that therapy, but I know it is done.

I agree, desensitization can be a concern. However, this doctor that I mentioned above stated that it wouldn't be an issue if the amount administered is kept under 1,000iu's each week. That is based on someone using it continuously (like myself) in conjunction with their TRT program.

As for my program, I am currently running approx. 300iu twice a week. I take it just for the maintenance of my testicular health, not for any hopes of having children. But, I still practice as if I were.

Quote Originally Posted by MikhailC View Post
    this thread has saved me... thanks
    Sounds like Jesus just got fired!

durak is offline Member
    From my reading of medical journals HCG only works on LH and not FSH (which is needed for sperm production). To increase fertility you can use clomid which increased both.

Note that on steroid type forums HCG is claimed to be the only necessary drug for fertility. I do not know what the real answer is.

Thread Information