zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation

Long Term Trt and Tendons Knowledge or Experience

I remember reading about doing test resulting in weakened tendons and I actually had trouble with tendonitis in my elbows but I believe that was b4 I started TRT.

I've been on TRT for 4 years and in the last 6 months on some days where I'm moving furniture and especially 2nd floor work my achilles tendon feels like its going to give at times. Pretty scary...it doesnt last long usually but just yesterday...i started limping with it at and after the job especially since I had to finish the job but it is fine now.

Just wanted to know if any one experiences similar issues with achilles and/or any other tendon or similar injuries or any knowledge and/or advice.

thanks

Vettester is offline Banned
    I had some tendon issues going in my right elbow since Jan. This is one of the things that prompted me to explore the benefits of deca . The pain was getting to the point where I couldn't finish out my sets on arms days, and even shoulders and other various routines. It was like this for almost 4 months. I'm just finishing up week 7 of deca, now doing 240mg/wk, and it's 80%-90% better.

I know you've had deca before ... Do you see that as an option? Did it do any good for you in the past?

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    No can't say that i have had any problems that way (only been on TRT for about 2 years now thou), interested in what article it was and if they stated anything that could be done about it.

NEMESIS RR is offline Associate Member
    I cant remember the article but it basically said when you go over 200mg of test a week you decrease syvonial fluid production. That would hurt the joint.

i think one of the hrt stickies talks about tendon issues from test or it may even be in the injury/rehab forum stickies and yes i remember the 200mg range being referenced there...

how did nemisis rr and older lifter's posts get switched?????? am i reading this upside down?

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    I've been having problems with my left elbow and left hip, and that's even while running 240mg EW of deca . I think both are tendon related and not joint related. I know the hip issue was around in various degrees prior to TRT, but the elbow is recent. At this point I don't believe it's related to the test -- I think I've just been lifting harder and heavier then I have in a lot of years and my muscles are growing faster than my tendons have been able to really support.

Jupiter2 is offline Junior Member
    Just read an article concerning tendon healing because of the trouble I'm having with my left forearm (possible tendonitis in my left forearm near the elbow which I broke a couple of years ago in training).

The article states that it can take a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks for a tendon to heal provided you allow it the time to. In my case I'm guessing that if I do indeed start lifting again next week I should keep the weights light. I think I'll double the number of sets I would normally do as a result just to get to muscle exhaustion, and do some ZMA at night to try and increase my natural GH a bit to see if it speeds up the healing. Either that or give the Semorelin a try.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Well 200 a week TRT sounds high anyway, i run 100 a week. correct me if i'm wrong but surely 200 would be more crusing that TRT?

Regular guy is offline Junior Member
    Tendons and ligaments can take longer than bone to heal. If not allowed proper healing time you will cause more damage. Connective tissue such as tendons and ligament have poor vascularization so less nutritients equal longer healing times. There are many different ways tendons can be injured. In my opinion and limited AAS knowledge you are not going to find anything other than time to heal connective tissue injuries. And if you push through it and it completely tears its a surgical repair.

I'd like to see the referenced article, I've read stanzanol can be bad on tendons.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    TRT levels should be ok, just over 200mg of test per wk ive read collage synthesis is inhibited

PPC
    PPC is offline Super Knowledgeable ~ Female Member
    JPKman, you bring up an interesting topic. Is it just the amount of test you take or how high your levels get with it that can wreak some havoc on the tendons? Some on 2oomg or more per week may not break 1000 total T but many do of course.

Is your T high? My husband has total at 1088 and free at 34.6 at 105 mg T per week along with hcg . He talks of how his knees hurt him a lot lately. Don't know if there is a correlation.

There is that ongoing debate on whether being in the top third of the range is actually neccessary or beneficial. Many studies point to the benefits of top third levels and then you hear of guys that go on androgel , get to 5oo and swear they recieve every benefit like improved mood, libido and strength without the negatives. I don't know what to think about that.

More T or a lot more T. What truly is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    Well 200 a week TRT sounds high anyway, i run 100 a week. correct me if i'm wrong but surely 200 would be more crusing that TRT?
    i would think so but i see quite a few posts where ppl are running that high and calling it trt

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    JPKman, you bring up an interesting topic. Is it just the amount of test you take or how high your levels get with it that can wreak some havoc on the tendons? Some on 2oomg or more per week may not break 1000 total T but many do of course.

Is your T high? My husband has total at 1088 and free at 34.6 at 105 mg T per week along with hcg . He talks of how his knees hurt him a lot lately. Don't know if there is a correlation.

There is that ongoing debate on whether being in the top third of the range is actually neccessary or beneficial. Many studies point to the benefits of top third levels and then you hear of guys that go on androgel , get to 5oo and swear they recieve every benefit like improved mood, libido and strength without the negatives. I don't know what to think about that.

More T or a lot more T. What truly is better?
    yes i see your point and also dont know...has anyone had the achilles tendon tweak that i mentioned though?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    yes i see your point and also dont know...has anyone had the achilles tendon tweak that i mentioned though?
    i wouldnt imagine the test could cause this, could just be a random strain possibly brought on by something else in the past

Quote Originally Posted by declan11 View Post
    i wouldnt imagine the test could cause this, could just be a random strain possibly brought on by something else in the past
    I thought it was proven that test(exo test) can cause tendon weakness...maybe a vet/doc can chime in....

check out the injury and/or hrt stickies...theres a long post regarding this

rmacgurn is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    I thought it was proven that test(exo test) can cause tendon weakness...maybe a vet/doc can chime in....

check out the injury and/or hrt stickies...theres a long post regarding this
    I don't think there is any link to TRT therapy and tendon issues, more likely the issue is pushing into the higher ranges of test (beyond 1000) or adding other anabolics, like deca , var, etc and pushing more weights when we get older. the eariler post is right, it takes weeks many, to months to heal tendon and ligament issues. He hit the nail on the head. Muscles will develop must faster in strength then tendons or ligaments. so as we start lifting more, and enjoying our new found test levels our tendons are not ready for the load....hence tendonitis or worse...in my case in my early 40's using Deca/test I got so strong I did 45lb front lateral raises until one day my rotator just came apart...shoulder muscle had no problem however...just my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by rmacgurn View Post
    I don't think there is any link to TRT therapy and tendon issues, more likely the issue is pushing into the higher ranges of test (beyond 1000) or adding other anabolics, like deca, var, etc and pushing more weights when we get older. the eariler post is right, it takes weeks many, to months to heal tendon and ligament issues. He hit the nail on the head. Muscles will develop must faster in strength then tendons or ligaments. so as we start lifting more, and enjoying our new found test levels our tendons are not ready for the load....hence tendonitis or worse...in my case in my early 40's using Deca/test I got so strong I did 45lb front lateral raises until one day my rotator just came apart...shoulder muscle had no problem however...just my 2 cents...
    Yes...the sudden increase in strength and weight being performed and the its impact on those areas do make a lot of sense and i did similar with heavier dumbells doing the throwing em up to do presses move so i eliminated db's for a year and the tendonitis went away

Thread Information