BillyBob210 is offline Junior Member

Long Term Gel Usage

Has anyone here been on any kind of test gel for years and stayed with it? Maybe upping the dosage over time and has helped you?

I have done a lot of searches and it seems that almost everyone started out on a gel and then switched to IM. It seems the be the most effective routine, but I am curious to see if anyone has stuck it out on the gels/creams and what your story is.

I am going to an endo in Pensacola this week to discuss my options and hope to be moving to the shots soon- If this doc isn't an idiot. If he is, I am going to bite the bullet and just go back to the wellness clinic and pay out of pocket.

Thanks Guys.

Love the new AVi Vetteman

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob210 View Post
    Has anyone here been on any kind of test gel for years and stayed with it? Maybe upping the dosage over time and has helped you?

I have done a lot of searches and it seems that almost everyone started out on a gel and then switched to IM. It seems the be the most effective routine, but I am curious to see if anyone has stuck it out on the gels/creams and what your story is.

I am going to an endo in Pensacola this week to discuss my options and hope to be moving to the shots soon- If this doc isn't an idiot. If he is, I am going to bite the bullet and just go back to the wellness clinic and pay out of pocket.

Thanks Guys.

Love the new AVi Vetteman
    Hey, good to hear from ya. I know you've really been through the ringer with trying to get a good doc for awhile now. Let me know how you make out with this endo ... I might know a clinic that's affordable for you if all else fails.

As far as the gel goes, I'm really not the guy to talk about its real long-term affects. I only did it for 5 or 6 months, then I started having a negative response with it. Don't get a lot of guys on here either that talk about their multi-year success program with gel. For some reason it seems to be the docs who are jumping up and down about the greatness of gel ($ hmm, wonder why $)

Glad you like the Avi ... The Crystal Red Metalic paint is a real eye catcher!

Glad you like the Avi ... The Crystal Red Metalic paint is a real eye catcher! [/QUOTE]

There was a car? Thanks bro.

sirupate is offline Member
    I have been on the gel (5gms/daily) for about 7 months. At first, I felt fantastic and noticed all of the usual benefits of testosterone supplementation. Something, however, has changed recently and the (lack of) effect is sort of noticable. I need some bloodwork done to check levels...especially estrogen. I may be aromatizing the gel I am applying daily and my natural levels may have dropped off in the seven months of gel use.

My guess is that IM is the way to go if a doc will cooperate. My endo didn't think me injecting into my quads would be a good way to go...thus the gel. Wife will not inject into my glutes....won't even consider doing that for me. The gel is easy to put on every day...pretty difficult to mess that up.

First post...

sirp

setian is offline Associate Member
    Do these doc's even know that the gel can aromatize under the skin creating more estrogen? I have a doc appt this week once I get my latest blood tests back. He wants to use gel but I will say I'd rather use IM. If he doesn't think so I will just keep switching docs until I find one that is not in the 1980's.

Quote Originally Posted by sirupate View Post
    I have been on the gel (5gms/daily) for about 7 months. At first, I felt fantastic and noticed all of the usual benefits of testosterone supplementation. Something, however, has changed recently and the (lack of) effect is sort of noticable. I need some bloodwork done to check levels...especially estrogen. I may be aromatizing the gel I am applying daily and my natural levels may have dropped off in the seven months of gel use.

My guess is that IM is the way to go if a doc will cooperate. My endo didn't think me injecting into my quads would be a good way to go...thus the gel. Wife will not inject into my glutes....won't even consider doing that for me. The gel is easy to put on every day...pretty difficult to mess that up.

First post...

sirp
    I feel the same way. Let us know how your bloodwork turns out and what the doc says. Thank for your reply and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by setian View Post
    Do these doc's even know that the gel can aromatize under the skin creating more estrogen? I have a doc appt this week once I get my latest blood tests back. He wants to use gel but I will say I'd rather use IM. If he doesn't think so I will just keep switching docs until I find one that is not in the 1980's.
    I know that my current doc is clueless. I am hoping the endo I see Wednesday is the one I need. Good luck and thanks!

nunyabizness is offline Junior Member
    I had no luck with docs, and am on 5 gm of the gel daily. I'm self medicating a bit, added 1.25 mg of Letro every Wed and Sat to help reduce my water retention and give a bit of boost. I have definitely noticed increased libido, skin is oilier, strength seems good (in fact, damned morning wood is starting to be distracting, and acne is developing in my face, so I may reduce the Letro to 1.25 mg weekly.

For the most part I've been on for about 14 months. The docs fiddled with dosages and stuff, but for me this combo of the 5 gm daily and a little Letro seems to do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by nunyabizness View Post
    I had no luck with docs, and am on 5 gm of the gel daily. I'm self medicating a bit, added 1.25 mg of Letro every Wed and Sat to help reduce my water retention and give a bit of boost. I have definitely noticed increased libido, skin is oilier, strength seems good (in fact, damned morning wood is starting to be distracting, and acne is developing in my face, so I may reduce the Letro to 1.25 mg weekly.

For the most part I've been on for about 14 months. The docs fiddled with dosages and stuff, but for me this combo of the 5 gm daily and a little Letro seems to do the trick.
    I could probably use a small dose of something AI, as the 5gms. gel brings my total levels up in the mid-600's range, but free testosterone is still at the bottom end of the reference range. How can I find out how to use Letro...I mean for a noob, it isn't really obvious from their site.

sirp

nunyabizness is offline Junior Member
    I could probably use a small dose of something AI, as the 5gms. gel brings my total levels up in the mid-600's range, but free testosterone is still at the bottom end of the reference range. How can I find out how to use Letro...I mean for a noob, it isn't really obvious from their site.

sirp
    I picked it up from the board sponsor, top right. Comes with a syringe, and tastes like cough medicine. Just try it out (orally) 0.5 ml per week, and see how you feel after about a month. It does NOT work immediately, but will build up. Taking too much will be counterproductive as you need estrogen in your system. I'm using my skin as my indicator - when I took an entire ml (2.5 mg) twice a week I quickly developed acne, about a pimple a day on face, neck or shoulders. When i reduced the amount to half that my acne decreased to face only, and maybe only every few days, but my skin is still quite oily.

It's perhaps not the most scientific measure of effect, however without blood work, I have no idea how to test it. I don't want the doc to cut me back again, so I will be decreasing the letro four weeks out, then cutting it completely a week out from my annual blood work.

Quote Originally Posted by nunyabizness View Post
    I picked it up from the board sponsor, top right. Comes with a syringe, and tastes like cough medicine. Just try it out (orally) 0.5 ml per week, and see how you feel after about a month. It does NOT work immediately, but will build up. Taking too much will be counterproductive as you need estrogen in your system. I'm using my skin as my indicator - when I took an entire ml (2.5 mg) twice a week I quickly developed acne, about a pimple a day on face, neck or shoulders. When i reduced the amount to half that my acne decreased to face only, and maybe only every few days, but my skin is still quite oily.

It's perhaps not the most scientific measure of effect, however without blood work, I have no idea how to test it. I don't want the doc to cut me back again, so I will be decreasing the letro four weeks out, then cutting it completely a week out from my annual blood work.

Thanks for your help. May try this for a bit.

sirp

sirp
    I would probably suggest trying Anastrozole, or call it the Liquidex product from ARR first. The Letro is way too strong to be using for a basic TRT program, but that's just my opinion. 0.5mg 2x or 3x per week will usually do a great job with helping to keep the E2 balanced.

Run BW labs to get your score on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    I would probably suggest trying Anastrozole, or call it the Liquidex product from ARR first. The Letro is way too strong to be using for a basic TRT program, but that's just my opinion. 0.5mg 2x or 3x per week will usually do a great job with helping to keep the E2 balanced.

Run BW labs to get your score on a regular basis.
    Can get this with no script?

Can get this with no script?
    Just click that red banner at the top/right section of the page. No script needed for research purposes. You do have mice, right?

Just click that red banner at the top/right section of the page. No script needed for research purposes. You do have mice, right?
    c

Mice?

They can sell the stuff for research and experimental purposes based on your agreement to use in a lab and the experiments won't be on humans. So, mice make good subjects

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    They can sell the stuff for research and experimental purposes based on your agreement to use in a lab and the experiments won't be on humans. So, mice make good subjects
    the girl on that vette said she'd take it all of if that were a mustang

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    the girl on that vette said she'd take it all of if that were a mustang
    If that were a Mustake, she would also have to take pain killers and anti-depressants knowing her ass was hanging out on such a slow ride!

Sorry for the hijack

If that were a Mustake, she would also have to take pain killers and anti-depressants knowing her ass was hanging out on such a slow ride!

Sorry for the hijack
    There we go mispelling again

Well, I went to the endo yesterday. His interpretation of my blood work was different from my regular doc. He says pituitary tumor (I wanted to know the cause). I am doing an MRI next Tuesday so we shall see. Also did new BW today to include thyroid and pituitary function as well as LH, FSH, test and free test and vitamin D and some other crap. Just so he can compare everything together. Would not discuss shots yet and I don't think he is going to prescibe it by the way he talked. He says 500 is a "fine" total test level but wants to see the free T up more than it is. He did up the gel to 6.5 grams (compound) from 5g. At least this will help a little bit with the libido and ed problems, I hope. Was not at all interested in my own research or opinion and that was discouraging. I guess after the MRI results and his next opinion of everything I will decide whether to go to the mens clinic and handle my own business. Keep you posted.

nwjt is offline Associate Member
    I thought about the gel, and was offered it. But I heard the IM are more effective. I'm glad I went that route because some research shows teh costs is 3X and it is not coveered by my insurance for some reason. The IM injections are though!

Imagine that...an arrogant doctor and an insurance company denying things

Shol'va is offline Productive Member

The Gel Sucks

First they give you the andro pump at 5 g a day which is 4 pumps of the stuff then they end up upping you to 10g a day 8 pumps. Now you have all this gel having to smear it all over your abdomen and upper arms, almost bathing in the crap. It has the cosistency of your own jism. Nasty having to smear it all on like that. Then you have to wait for it to dry on you. Then if that isnt bad enough, if you are working out or sweating, it leaches back on to your clothes causing them to stick to your body. Last, but not least, after applying said gel, you have to wait 5 hours before bathing. Like this is a real exciting product for us, not! So whoever reads this and is about to be put on the gel, use these examples as to why you dont want your doc to put you on it and instead go for the injections.They are definitely good counter arguments. And if all else fails, tell them you have kids and worry about the transferance factor, that you dont want your kids to reach puberty prematurely from you using it, not to mention your wife getting facial hair and deepened voice.

Well, I went to the endo yesterday. His interpretation of my blood work was different from my regular doc. He says pituitary tumor (I wanted to know the cause). I am doing an MRI next Tuesday so we shall see. Also did new BW today to include thyroid and pituitary function as well as LH, FSH, test and free test and vitamin D and some other crap. Just so he can compare everything together. Would not discuss shots yet and I don't think he is going to prescibe it by the way he talked. He says 500 is a "fine" total test level but wants to see the free T up more than it is. He did up the gel to 6.5 grams (compound) from 5g. At least this will help a little bit with the libido and ed problems, I hope. Was not at all interested in my own research or opinion and that was discouraging. I guess after the MRI results and his next opinion of everything I will decide whether to go to the mens clinic and handle my own business. Keep you posted.
    It may not be a pituitary tumor, but he probably already knows it is not your testicles malfunctioning and he just wants to rule the tumor out as a cause. My endo did the same thing...so don't panic yet.

As to not being interested in your research, it is discouraging, but understandable. He thinks he went to med school for years and is the expert in all things endocrine related. Once you rule out medical causes that should be treated (like tumor), go your own way by finding another doctor or a clinic.

sirp

tumor DEFINATELY should have been ruled out LONG b4 starting even gel??

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    tumor DEFINATELY should have been ruled out LONG b4 starting even gel??
    I agree 100% but regular doc saw LH and FSH in the lower range and assumed it was fine (I knew no different). If I could go back to last year with what i know now I never would have started the damn gel and asked for the cause to be determined first. It has helped me feel better so I am happy for that.

Anyone know how long it takes to get MRI results back?

I agree 100% but regular doc saw LH and FSH in the lower range and assumed it was fine (I knew no different). If I could go back to last year with what i know now I never would have started the damn gel and asked for the cause to be determined first. It has helped me feel better so I am happy for that.

Anyone know how long it takes to get MRI results back?
    only a couple days at the most

Thanks everyone. Ruling out any tumors or thyroid problems will ease my mind.

MRI showed a normal pituitary. Still waiting on the bloodwork on the thyroid stuff. At least I feel a bit better with the gel dosage up a little. We shall see what happens.

MRI showed a normal pituitary. Still waiting on the bloodwork on the thyroid stuff. At least I feel a bit better with the gel dosage up a little. We shall see what happens.
    glad bro

keep us posted

Thread Information