jeepers is offline Associate Member

UPDATE on my TRT journey... :(

So I just got the results back from my endocrinologist from my latest round of blood work. Total test 214 free test 52.5 (normal range 35 to 155).

This is mid way between injections. I am prescribed 200mg every 2 weeks. (one shot). Sucks… They endo suggested going to 250 mg every 2 week. I brought up weekly injections he then tells me to just do 100mg every 7 days …..

ON top of this is way diagnosed with Hashimotos disease

**** it .. I feel SO good on the 200mg for about 7 days .... I'm so tempted to just do it

tubs is offline Associate Member
    my doc just told me to go to 2x a week I was pinning once a week and i was thinking about switching anyway so i am glad he said to

my free was 1080 the day after pinning but low at 7 days out with cyp which i assume is what you are also using

Tell you what..... I used to cycle .... I FELT OUTSTANDING at 400mg a week... I'd give whats left of my malfunctioning balls to just be on 200mg a week

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
    So I just got the results back from my endocrinologist from my latest round of blood work. Total test 214 free test 52.5 (normal range 35 to 155).

This is mid way between injections. I am prescribed 200mg every 2 weeks. (one shot). Sucks… They endo suggested going to 250 mg every 2 week. I brought up weekly injections he then tells me to just do 100mg every 7 days …..

**** it .. I feel SO good on the 200mg for about 7 days .... I'm so tempted to just do it
    What is wrong with this guy? Your total test is 214 and the doc is giving you a hard time about doing weekly injections? Seriously, is he trying to punish you or something when he says 250mg 2xWk or 100mg if you press him on doing it once a week? Did they not teach him what half life is at medical school?

Sorry about the news you got. Sounds like you got your hands full!

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    I think you'll feel better pinning 100mg once a week than 200mg EOW, but you test scores likely won't change. Go with 100mg EW and re-test in 6 weeks. If you're still in the low 200's, he might bump you up.

Or -- you could avoid the hassle and just find a good HRT clinic and they'll work with you to get you what you need right away.

Latest lab results…

Testosterone Total = 214
    % free 2.45 (range is 1.5 to 2.2)
    Test free = 52.5

Dihydrotestosterone = 16 (range is 25-75) by the way WHAT IS THIS>????

T4 free non dialysis = 1.0 (range .8 – 1.7)
    TSH W/ Reflex to free T4 TSH = 6.39 (range is .45 to 4.5)

Anyone care to de code this junk ?????

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Yeah -- you need more test. Other than that...I'll let others comment.

how long after your last pin did you get the blood work done?

NEMESIS RR is offline Associate Member
    if you have a prescription just pin yourself every 3 days in divided doses. You can easily buy pins. When you get tested do so on the 3rd day before pinning. If the doctor ask just tell him. He works for you. You pay him. He doesnt pay you.

Quote Originally Posted by tubs View Post
    how long after your last pin did you get the blood work done?
    8 days ....

8 days ....
    guessing you need to pin 2x a week like me

do you get many sides?

i was at 1080 after pin but down to somewhere below 250 a week out (seven days) the up and down was not cool take your does and split it up to 50 mg every 3 or 4 days (2x a week) and see how you feel - then work up from there if you have to (and i am guesing you will but at least you should feel better with more stable levels)

ReBilly is offline Junior Member

The good thing is, you don't need to stay with this one doc if you don't think he's treating your problem correctly. Flat out ask him for what you want, tell him what your goals are, and be honest. Tell him you've done enough research to know that ideally doctors like to see total test in the 700-800 range and that's where you would like to be too. Unless he's an endo, or really smart with this type stuff (which it sounds like he totally is not) I wouldn't even get into the whole free test / t3 / estro etc etc discussion with him. Tell him you at least want to be above 600, ideally in the 700-800 range with little fluctuation, because fluctuation causes all kids of side effects like mood, low libido, acne, etc.

Flat out ask him if you can get weekly injections of 200, that's not an uncommon prescription and not an unreasonable request. If he gets all high and mighty, ask the front desk for copies of your bloodwork and treatments, find a local HRT / anti-aging clinic, bring your papers in, and they will probably take your insurance, give you a blood test, and often will even give you a shot right on the spot even before your results come in, then call the next say or two with your results. They will give you a weekly shot no problem, and will aim high with your total and free test.

Thread Information