Thread: Holding Water

eregitano is offline Junior Member

Holding Water

In my third week of TRT, 200 MG of Cyp per week, and noticed I'm begining to hold some water. What suggestions do we have either at AR-R or elsewhere to combat the water, and keep the test effective. I feel like a million bucks, however want to lose the water without losing the test effect.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by eregitano View Post
    In my third week of TRT, 200 MG of Cyp per week, and noticed I'm begining to hold some water. What suggestions do we have either at AR-R or elsewhere to combat the water, and keep the test effective. I feel like a million bucks, however want to lose the water without losing the test effect.
    With only being 3 weeks in to TRT i would give it more time. Do you have any other sides? I retained water during my first 5 weeks of TRT and then leveled back out over the next few weeks and lost half the water weight i was holding. How much weight have you gained?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Have you checked your E2 score? Could be elevated. If so, take a look at implementing something like Liquidex. IMO, the pharmacy grade Arimidex seems to work better than research grade for water retention, but that's just my personal experience.

Again, definitely checked your E2 level before you start taking anything like this. Also, controlling sodium intake along with diet in general will help the cause.

killswitch is offline New Member
    Been there done that....

You can look back through my previous posts I was asking the same questions at about the same time you are....

Good news is, after about 5 weeks on hrt, I gradually started releasing the bloat, and I am definitely getting leaner. At the same time my strength went bananas. I gained 40lbs on my bench press in a month... I've been lifting weights for 3 years or so and I was hitting 185lbs on the bench press for 4 reps clean... It was a sticking point for me that I couldn't get past... One month after beginning trt I was corking up 225 for 3-4 reps clean... (understand I am only 5'9" and 180 or so)

As my strength skyrocketed, I began losing the water weight

Stick with it, its very common. You are naturally going to make more estrogen (although it doesn't necessarily mean you are going to have high estrogen levels, just higher than you did.... Thats enough to hold water.) Your body will regulate in a few more weeks.

Thanks for the input. I started at 220, and have gained about 6-7 depending on the time of day, however I've been hitting the cardio and improved diet since starting...which is why I was so concerned. I'm somewhat fit going into it about 16% bodyfat. Not scheduled to get BW for another 6 weeks so I flying blindly a bit when it comes to E2 levels.

I've heard and read that some believe it's a best practice to run a lquidex or armidex throughout regardless. Any opinions on that? and can someone explain how E levels and water retention are related?

if anyone has a sec, let me know on the above post. Thanks.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eregitano View Post
    Thanks for the input. I started at 220, and have gained about 6-7 depending on the time of day, however I've been hitting the cardio and improved diet since starting...which is why I was so concerned. I'm somewhat fit going into it about 16% bodyfat. Not scheduled to get BW for another 6 weeks so I flying blindly a bit when it comes to E2 levels.

I've heard and read that some believe it's a best practice to run a lquidex or armidex throughout regardless. Any opinions on that? and can someone explain how E levels and water retention are related?
    Increased estrogen usually makes the body retain more salt. The only thing with taking a AI throughout is that you might jeopardize your E2 going too low if it's normal.

First thing you need to know is your E2 score. I would try to find this out ASAP so you know your baseline and you can make some sort of determination on the AI. As you stated, you're "flying blindly" in this area, and it's just a matter of getting 1 test to turn on the light. Let us know.

Thread Information