Thread: Private Labs MD

matt77 is offline Member

Private Labs MD

How many of you guys have used them and hows it been? I have seen them mentioned in a thread on here so I know someone uses them. Also anyone have a coupon code for a discount?

http://www.privatemdlabs.com/

Vettester is offline Banned
    Matt, I use them. I started using PL MD when my primary doc refused to check E2 and other important test. You just pick the lab that's closest to you, print your forms, and then they email your results.

Anyways, here's your code: f4y7d3k9 This is good for an extra 15% off through July 31.

matt77 is offline Member
    Thanks vette!! That awesome!! I knew some used them and glad to hear that you do also. Do you usually go with the deluxe male panel to see where your at? It seemed by far as the best deal.

Quote Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
    Thanks vette!! That awesome!! I knew some used them and glad to hear that you do also. Do you usually go with the deluxe male panel to see where your at? It seemed by far as the best deal.
    Yeah, normally the deluxe, but I will be doing the ultimate male test here probably by the end of the week. That test should be taken at least once per year IMO, and the deluxe done quarterly.

Let us know how you make out.
    Good luck!

durak is offline Member
    I have used directlabs. http://directlabs.com/

They will give you a recipt with their Dr info, diagnose codes, and cost. Thus, you should be able to submit it to insurance as out of network. Worked for me.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by durak View Post
    I have used directlabs. http://directlabs.com/

They will give you a recipt with their Dr info, diagnose codes, and cost. Thus, you should be able to submit it to insurance as out of network. Worked for me.
    Except if like my insurance out of network pays zero

vetteman08 which ultimate male test are you talking about, I see several.
    Male Ultimate Checkup
    Male Ultimate Checkup w/ NMR®
    Male Ultimate Checkup w/ VAP™
    Ultimate Male Cancer Profile
    Ultimate Checkup
    Ultimate Checkup w/ NMR®
    Ultimate Checkup w/ VAP™
    Ultimate STD Panel

Im wondering if you meant this one?
    Male Ultimate Anti-Aging Panel
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-06-2010 at 06:28 AM.

bowers32 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks to Vette's recommendation, I have used them as well a couple of times. It is extremely quick.... I have gotten test results back in 24 hours before.

The only thing I didn't like is that neither male hormone anti-aging test included testing for Free testesterone.....

But again, it is easily the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Except if like my insurance out of network pays zero

vetteman08 which ultimate male test are you talking about, I see several.
    Male Ultimate Checkup
    Male Ultimate Checkup w/ NMR®
    Male Ultimate Checkup w/ VAP™
    Ultimate Male Cancer Profile
    Ultimate Checkup
    Ultimate Checkup w/ NMR®
    Ultimate Checkup w/ VAP™
    Ultimate STD Panel

Im wondering if you meant this one?
    Male Ultimate Anti-Aging Panel
    Yeah, it's the Male Ultimate Anti-Aging Panel. Here's a quick link for anyone else wanting to look at it. http://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_tes...ch=male%20#605

tubs is offline Associate Member
    why do they state the following?
    'For best results no ejaculation for 24 hours preceding submitting specimen.'

rmacgurn is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Yeah, it's the Male Ultimate Anti-Aging Panel. Here's a quick link for anyone else wanting to look at it. http://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_tes...ch=male%20#605
    Geeze that is a great price for all those tests, compares well to my prices down here and no doubt more accurate...we don't yet have ultra sensitive test, or VAP or some others. i paid about 120,000 colones last time and that was about $230 for the same...without SHBG, or urine tests...anyone wanted comprehensive blood work that seems like the best way to go...

Quote Originally Posted by rmacgurn View Post
    Geeze that is a great price for all those tests, compares well to my prices down here and no doubt more accurate...we don't yet have ultra sensitive test, or VAP or some others. i paid about 120,000 colones last time and that was about $230 for the same...without SHBG, or urine tests...anyone wanted comprehensive blood work that seems like the best way to go...
    With the coupon it takes it down do about $255. So all things considered it's not a bad deal.

The sad thing is ... IF my primary would just go along and give me carte blanche to just let me do the labs I want to do, I could get it all done for $20 ($10 for BW and $10 for urine). But, that "IF" is the variable, and she won't even agree to 1/2 the stuff on there. It's not like any of these doctors are going to be stuck analyzing the BW themselves. Anyways, it's about my only option if I want to manage my HRT program properly, and that I do.

tubs is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tubs View Post
    why do they state the following?
    'For best results no ejaculation for 24 hours preceding submitting specimen.'
    I was serious with this question as my doc has never told me to refrain from sex before testing so if any one knows why they would say that i am interested in hearing (send me a pm if you want but i am srs not trolling)

Thread Information