Need advice on DHEA while E2 is way high

Last month my E2 numbers came back 167. [My Total T was 1132] I was injecting 200mg Test Cyp once a week and taking 50mg of DHEA daily. Once I got my test results back, I laid off the DHEA and cut my T back to 180mg weekly. Now I'm on Arimidex ; began .25 EOD for first two weeks and just bumped to .5 EOD as of today. Would I be crazy to start up the DHEA again?

The reason I ask is if it can keep my natural T up, then I can lower my Test Cyp even more and maybe get an extra month out of each vial. DHEA is dirt cheap compared to the Test Cyp and I'm on a cash basis so anything to save a few bucks.

Your thoughts please.

casberger is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    Last month my E2 numbers came back 167. [My Total T was 1132] I was injecting 200mg Test Cyp once a week and taking 50mg of DHEA daily. Once I got my test results back, I laid off the DHEA and cut my T back to 180mg weekly. Now I'm on Arimidex ; began .25 EOD for first two weeks and just bumped to .5 EOD as of today. Would I be crazy to start up the DHEA again?

The reason I ask is if it can keep my natural T up, then I can lower my Test Cyp even more and maybe get an extra month out of each vial. DHEA is dirt cheap compared to the Test Cyp and I'm on a cash basis so anything to save a few bucks.

Your thoughts please.
    So I take it your TRT is not covered by insurance? I pay $10 bucks for my vial of Test C at the pharmacy.

I dont think your gonna get a whole lot out of DHEA supplementation either. I would find the right dose of Test C that puts you right into the upper 800 range and stick with it. For me, I only need 100mg Test C a week. You cant put a price on health bro.

Also make sure you stay consistant with your AI dose and have bloodwork done to check E2 periodically. This is an area I have been struggling with for the past 2 years.
    Last edited by casberger; 07-14-2010 at 02:59 PM.

tubs is offline Associate Member
    did your blood work show you need the dhea? simple - if so i would take it if not i would not.

By cutting your test and adding arimidex your levels should go down a lot, more then what the dhea would raise them.

I also want to add that i don't think dhea will do much of anyhting while you are taking that much test so if that is your main reason to add it back i wouldn't bother

pinning your test 2x a week may also help lower your e levels - i have noticed less sides when i split my dose to 2x a week but i don't have any bloodwork to back it up yet.
    Last edited by tubs; 07-14-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks for the input. I'l have to get my levels checked when I have my next test.

Thread Information