ultrasharp is offline New Member

What to expect from Anti Aging Doc?

First Post on the forum. 42yr old male in excellent shape with high cholesterol (genetics). Been working out steady for around 6yrs with weights and cardio 5X days a week for 90 minutes/day. I'm interested in getting to the next level with my body and workouts. I've had my body fat measured and I'm around 16%. I've been reading the posts on this forum and thought I'd give the anti aging doc a try. They'll want to do some blood work and I'll go through 2 consults at $345 a pop. For those who have done this or have knowledge of this, what should I expect? Is this a waste of time? Should I try something else?
    Last edited by ultrasharp; 07-16-2010 at 12:44 PM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrasharp View Post
    First Post on the forum. 42yr old male in excellent shape with high cholesterol (genetics). Been working out steady for around 6yrs with weights and cardio 5X days a week for 90 minutes/day. I'm interested in getting to the next level with my body and workouts. I've had my body fat measured and I'm around 16%. I've been reading the posts on this forum and thought I'd give the anti aging doc a try. They'll want to do some blood work and I'll go through 2 consults at $345 a pop. For those who have done this or have knowledge of this, what should I expect? Is this a waste of time? Should I try something else?
    probably the best investment you'll have made in some time....never heard anything but "WORTH EVERY PENNY" from patients of AAC's....if u want to ask them what their giving you and what theyre charging you'll get some feedback on if its competitive with other clinics but from what i've seen theyre all around the same

Thanks for the reply. I'd love to hear what other have done at the Anti Aging Clinics (sound weird saying anti aging at 42) but starting now is prob the best thing for me. So anyone who's gone through this let us know and if there is anything that I should watch for or ask of them let me know.

Batt is offline Junior Member
    Tell them you are hormone deficeint. Will get you what you want.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Not sure why they're putting you through two (2) consultations. I guess every place is different. I've usually seen it where they'll charge you 1x for the visit, lab work, then the next charge is your medications. After that you should run BW again in 6 weeks, and the doctor will take a quick peek to make sure everything is OK. The 6 week review charge should be minimal to these other charges.

As jpk indicated, AA Clinics are a good thing and worth every penny. However, there are a lot of clinics out there, so don't be afraid to shop it a little bit to get the best deal for you. The first clinic I worked with was a cool place that had lots of knowledge, easy to work with, etc. But when I started checking and comparing, I quickly found out that they were charging me more than double than other clinics would charge for my medications.

ds53 is offline Junior Member
    Mine did all the blood work, testing and 6 follow up visits for $500. Last blood work was $74 gave me his discount. Sells me the hormones and other supps cheaper than my insurance will co-pay. A lot of these metabolic, anti aging dr's are not wanting to deal with insurance companies and will offer you basically what the insurance will pay them if you can pay cash, check, credit or debit card and leave the insurance out.

megatoxic is offline New Member
    I'd love to hear how your experience with the AAC goes. I'm a 40 year old ex-athlete who is just starting to get back into shape. Not sure if I'll go down the hormone / steroid path, but I want to keep an open mind.

I'll keep everyone informed and will post my bloodwork and their recommendation. Too bad this forum/website does not list aacs by state and users ratings. Maybe something they should do

Thanks

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    my anti-aging doc asked me tons of questions regarding many aspects of my life---spent a lot of time with me to get the big picture--and---I have heard other friends have had this same experience no matter where they live---my doc puts his money where is mouth is and tries a lot himself---I love this personally since he is paying attention to what all is really going on physically emotionally and mentally-----this is very important to me--
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 07-19-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: added and spelling

Quote Originally Posted by ultrasharp View Post
    I'll keep everyone informed and will post my bloodwork and their recommendation. Too bad this forum/website does not list aacs by state and users ratings. Maybe something they should do

Thanks
    post up your state u may get some advice/suggestions

Pittsburgh Pa area

getinold is offline Junior Member
    1 day for consult,been going there about year.My insurance does cover it but the co pay still 25 dollars week, Worth every penny.Plus 40 miles each way.All my family doc would do for me was creams and patches.JUNK.I agree with ultrasharp.wish there was a list for diff states.Here in az there are very few all within about 10 miles of each other.The other end of the world for me but we do what we have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by getinold View Post
    1 day for consult,been going there about year.My insurance does cover it but the co pay still 25 dollars week, Worth every penny.Plus 40 miles each way.All my family doc would do for me was creams and patches.JUNK.I agree with ultrasharp.wish there was a list for diff states.Here in az there are very few all within about 10 miles of each other.The other end of the world for me but we do what we have to do.
    40 miles each way for consult only ?
    i've heard ppl flying...and u even got insurance involved....nice

ReBilly is offline Junior Member
    I'm in AZ too, not far from you (way west side). New guy just opened shop at 51st and Union (well not new, he worked at Ageless in Scottsdale for a while) - prices are the same but I like the guy... PLUS its on the West Side which is way better than having to go all the way to the other side of the valley
    Last edited by ReBilly; 07-20-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Hey ReBilly,
    Please pm me with the address.My Doc left Ageless to start on the west side,I told him to call me but never did.I liked him alot better than the gal at ageless,she already cut my dose down.Thanks

ReBilly is offline Junior Member
    Hey ReBilly,
    Please pm me with the address.My Doc left Ageless to start on the west side,I told him to call me but never did.I liked him alot better than the gal at ageless,she already cut my dose down.Thanks
    She did the same to me, from 180 to 140 and I had a crash just when I was feeling like I was getting it. Granted my total test was at 997 and I started converting (E2 was about 49), but they have a policy they DO NOT want you above 800 total, and don't even test free unless you make them.

Forget about that mess, work with a doctor who is gonna try and help you feel better, not just score their 250 a month for 4 test injections

You are right ReBilly,all they see is numbers not how u feel.Mine was at 1100 but i was a animal at the gym and felt unbelievable great.When she cut my dose i reverted back to my old self,lazy and tired all the time.Of course I could not fined any docs on the west side.And they told me there Doc started a business in Tempe.Too far for me.Thanks again for the heads up.Already emailed them to transfer paper work.

streeter is offline Associate Member
    Does anyone know a Anti Aging center in the Dallas Fort Worth area they recommend.

UrRoyalHighness is offline Associate Member
    hey bro whats the name of the clinic on 51 ave and union. maybe i can go there instead on scottsdale

Thread Information