DRAGGINZUZU is offline New Member

Low Test results

Ok guys Im 36 been training off and on for 18 yrs. Just recently Ive got back to the gym (3 months now) . I was having some issues with lack of sexual desire so I had a primary doc do a Test check. Well the first one came back 189 he said a low side was 300-400 . So he put me on testim. (1) a day . I did that for 6 weeks and had it checked again. I hadnt taken it for 3 days. This time it came back 145. In the meantime I went to a Urologist because I wanted to get the injectables. This test was done a week later and on no Testim for 2 weeks. It came back 345. How can my levels go up and down within 2 weeks without taking anything? The primary changed my dose to 2 tubes a day. will this make a difference? I was refered to a fertility doc to get HCG ? or Clomid? Im still reading up on his stuff but will it help me in the desire department? Or help with my T levels? The urologist said working out will raise my levels naturally.. well 3 months and I dont feel any better.

EZ E is offline Associate Member
    Testosterone levels vary throughout the day since test is released in pulses by the body. Most people have a pulse sometime in the morning and it is possible your higher test level was a result of a blood draw after this pulse. I had the same thing happen to me, 194 to 323. I had the blood drawn about an hour later on the higher reading. The bottom line is that a reading in the 300s is still low and needs to be looked at further. You need to get a full blood workup done which should include LH, FSH, total test, free test, and estrogen. I would recommend seeing an endocrinologist.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    also dont understand but it isnt the first i've seen a patient being put on test AFTER ONLY ONE bloodwork...

but i saw results with two tubes....even started to feel good on one...try it out until you get your injectables and like ez e said...get all your bloodwork done and as often as you can

keep us posted and best of luck

Well the urologist said everything was ok. but my levels were low.. Were still wanting another baby so he advised against the shots. I guess after we get pregnant again I'll go back for some more blood work. It dosent look like the did estrogen.
    results from urologist
    FSH 3.5
    LH 4.2
    PROLACTIN 8.8
    PSA, TOTAL 0.4
    TEST TOTAL 374
    TEST FREE PERCENT 2.03
    FREE TEST 75.9

n00bs is offline Member
    Look up dr crisler, a urologistnwont have much of an idea about hormones or anti aging, this forum wouldnhave more knowledge.

If you wanted to get pregnant on trt youncan also add hcg when you decide to... Easy fix.

Also need shbg and e2 tested

Vettester is offline Banned
    Agree with nOObs, you can easily incorporate HCG into your program for the fertility concerns.

It doesn't matter if you're taking testim, gel, or injections. All of them will have a negative affect on your endogenous testosterone , and all of them could equally contribute to the fertility concerns. Just throwing this out in case your doctor has a hang-up solely based on injections.

So again, HCG would be a key solution for your problem. Also, I personally noticed a HUGE increase in my libido while being on HCG. The magnitude of climax is substantially more noticeable compared to all these years without it.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Agree with nOObs, you can easily incorporate HCG into your program for the fertility concerns.

It doesn't matter if you're taking testim, gel, or injections. All of them will have a negative affect on your endogenous testosterone , and all of them could equally contribute to the fertility concerns. Just throwing this out in case your doctor has a hang-up solely based on injections.

So again, HCG would be a key solution for your problem. Also, I personally noticed a HUGE increase in my libido while being on HCG. The magnitude of climax is substantially more noticeable compared to all these years without it.
    u dont agree with me?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    u dont agree with me?
    Agree with you too, jpk

Yeah the Primary said it too but I decided to try it. The urologist was against all test, until we decided about the childen. Im going to look up an endocrinologist. Should I try the fertility doc he refered me to? Thanks guys for you help. And I agree with all of you till I learn everything. nOObs is Dr Crisler on this board ?

n00bs is offline Member
    No heAd to allthingsmale.com

Thread Information