streeter is offline Associate Member

Teetering on the edge

So I am 45 years old. I am teetering on the edge of being low enough for HRT I was tested 3 times in the last 3 months once was 189 then 311 then 398. Still low in my eyes.

So My endo says anything over 300 I cant justify giving you anything.

So my question is does anyone know a good Doctor in the Dallas Fort Worth area that's is worth going to that is likely to help me get on HRT? I am symptomatic of low T but not extremely I will admit its a quality of life issue and do want to use it to make gains bodybuilding as well. But hell I'm 45 and not aging gracefully Im gonna fight it as long as I can.

Jupiter2 is offline Junior Member
    280-800 is considered the normal range for folks in your age bracket. That is a huge gap. If you were near the top of that range you would likely be feeling pretty good. Problem is you are at the other end. That 189 was well below normal and the other two were not too far from bottom. There is no doubt in my mind that your quality of life is suffering.

Problem is many endo's look at lab results and as long as you fall somewhere within the range mentioned above, they see no need to treat. Since declining Test levels are a part of the aging process they just seem to take the position of "why screw with mother nature." These doctor's as far as I am concerned are not acting in the best interests of their patients due to a lack of information and education.

Do yourself a favor and contact an endo who is affiliated with an anti-aging clinic. There are no shortage of them in the southern states. Just Google anti-aging clinics. They'll want to see your lab results. I'm quite certain you'll be happier with their take on your situation.

anyone know a good one in the Dallas Fort Worth area?

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    PM'd you

Thanks

Thread Information