boatman is offline New Member

Yet another youngster staring down the gun of trt

Hey guys. I am 21 soon to be 22. I am hypogonadal.

test measures 100 on a scale of 300-1000.

Me and my doctor are trying some things to get me up and running on my own, but I have felt like this for a very long time so most likely will have to go on trt.

A few years ago, after meeting some friends who were into bodybuilding, I became passionate about it myself. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to me, my test wasnt ideal for building muscle.

My question is, besides improving my well being, and overall health, and given I am young, after going on trt and getting all of it squared away (higher normal test, e2 in check, yada yada), would it be possible (with proper diet and training of course) to build a competition worthy physique, or am I essentially screwed?

Are there any guys out there who have built quality physiques and are on trt? Just scared that I may not be able to pursue something I became passionate about.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Never say never. Youngest guy I knew on TRT was 19. He had a great physique, and it was from hard work and nutrition.

Visit a local show from time to time, you'd be surprised to see some of the guys that get on stage. Some look like they never touched a weight.

Looking at contest pics online I understand what you mean. But my goal isnt to get on stage looking like I never touched a weight lol! Good to hear though you know someone who personally built a good physique via trt.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Never say never. Youngest guy I knew on TRT was 19. He had a great physique, and it was from hard work and nutrition.

Visit a local show from time to time, you'd be surprised to see some of the guys that get on stage. Some look like they never touched a weight.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    He built it off nutrition and training. Trt was hardly the culprit.

I understand what you are saying. He obviously needed to put in the hard work via his diet and work ethic. However, in the absence of trt, he most likely would not have made those gains (diet and nutirition only go so far. You do need the proper hormonal environment to build muscle right?)

Basically, trt/testosterone was the missing factor for him since he already had the dedication and work ethic...

nwjt is offline Associate Member
    Due I am 32 and starting on TRT 12 weeks ago at 200 mg per week. My bench went from aroune 230 max to 325. I gained a lot of mass in my legs, my max squat is nearing 400.

I weigh 192 now (176 when I started). I've gained some fat though too but my diet sucks and I don't do cardio.

So to answer your question, YES, youc an build a great physique on TRT, it will help A LOT.

My test was a bit higher than yours at 294.

ronnieboy is offline New Member
    you know how test effects muscle growth, now think of it this way, you have very little test right now, your about to get alot more. your gonna get some of the best gains of your life very soon. eat big.

MrGreen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    I understand what you are saying. He obviously needed to put in the hard work via his diet and work ethic. However, in the absence of trt, he most likely would not have made those gains (diet and nutirition only go so far. You do need the proper hormonal environment to build muscle right?)

Basically, trt/testosterone was the missing factor for him since he already had the dedication and work ethic...
    You are correct! If the male body doesnt have the needed test then it will not produce muscle as if it did. Same thing with fertility also.

Diet and nutrition are not going to go shit for you if you have well below normal test levels other then keep you healthy and not gaining a lot of fat. Not to mention test is what gives you the drive, motivation, and ambition to work out in the first place.

All of those things listed are signs of low test levels. Take those things away along with the ability to repair muscle and your not going to get very far.

TGraham is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
    You are correct! If the male body doesnt have the needed test then it will not produce muscle as if it did. Same thing with fertility also.

Diet and nutrition are not going to go shit for you if you have well below normal test levels other then keep you healthy and not gaining a lot of fat. Not to mention test is what gives you the drive, motivation, and ambition to work out in the first place.

All of those things listed are signs of low test levels. Take those things away along with the ability to repair muscle and your not going to get very far.
    Greetings,
    It's actually not that simple and I don't claim to have the answers. I just have more questions and a "monkey wrench" to throw in.

I am 49 years old. I had gotten really out of shape so I started training hard in Muay Thai. I lost 40 Lbs and got pretty cut and size that looked like weights were surely involved (they are not).

I subsequently got blood work done (just last december) and to my surprise, my testosterone level was about 167 (free 3.4 ) Duhhhhhh? I had just gotten into the second best shape of my life at almost 50, sexually functioning fine, with size that looked like I was surely weight training, and a testosterone level that was seriously low.

I started TRT a few months ago and I feel BIONIC already. On just 100mg per week and i'm starting to beef up bigger than before although I have been taking a break from heavy training and gained a bit of fat. I am going back to training hard next month and I expect to seriously exceed my previous gains.
    How did that happen WITHOUT sufficient testosterone? I DON'T know, but I can feel that It's gonna be WAY BETTER with it.

Dunno how it is at your age to start, but I offer support either way. You can do quite a bit without it as many have proven. It can also be AWESOME with it as I am seeing now.

You CAN be fine either way you go.

Good luck*

TG
    Last edited by TGraham; 08-13-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Thread Information