Steel_Test is offline Junior Member

reasonablly priced HRT

Does anyone know of a reasonallbly priced HRT? Not sure if this is breaking the rules, but remove message if so.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Well, price discussion is not allowed. If you were prescribed HRT, cost would depend on your insurance and whether or not they covered it.

it would be an out of pocket expense, insurance will not pay

I'm paying out of pocket for my HRT and depending on what you consider "reasonable" the short answer is, "yes". It can be done. It's really pretty simple, you just need to shop around. Just like you would for a new car or big screen TV.

I probably save about 80% over what I'll call, "list" price for my HRT. List price is the standard price offered when people don't question it and just hand over their insurance card. Insurance companies don't seem to mind paying these unnecessarily high prices, but you don't have to.

You can get deals on doctor's fees by asking for cash discounts; just about all doctors offer this but none will advertise it. I'd also stick with a General Practitioner, [GP] vs. an Endocrinologist, [Endo] doc because most Endos want $1000 up front before they'll even talk to you; if you can even find one that will take a cash customer. There are also Anti-Aging [AA] Clinics which I hear can be good, however I have not personally used one. You'll have to check with others on this board about that.

Next, depending on your doc, you can also save money on follow up consultations by doing it over the phone or via email. That alone saves me about $100 a visit. Another option, that only works with the "cooler" doctors, is to straight up tell them your situation and whenever possible, ask for sample meds. My doc kept me afloat for 6 months with free Testim Gel via samples and that stuff is $350 retail.

Depending on your situation, many times the drug manufactures will offer price break or even free meds if you are in a low income situation. Just ask. You can find their contact info on the web. Don't be afraid to call them, this is a common practice that again, most people are not aware of. You can also get a break on meds by joining one of the various retailers "savings programs", just ask them. They are free and can net you from 20% to 60% savings on prescriptions. I've found Wallgreens to be the cheapest here in Northern California; but I'd also check Walmart, Costco if your a member etc. And of course there is the obvious, which is to use a generic version of prescription meds whenever possible. These will save you quite a bit too. I will also tell you that self injection is by far the cheapest method of TRT vs the ridiculously priced gels; but it may take some time before your doc is comfortable enough that you know what you're doing and won't abuse the stuff before they'll sign off on it.

You can save *tons* on testing by shopping around. Ask your doc which labs he uses and call before you go. They will tell you how much each test is. And don't forget to check your local hospital, often they give extra discounts to local residents. **Cash discount applies here too!** For example, I had some tests that would have cost me in excess of $800 had I just gone with the first lab my doctor uses. By shopping around, and this means you may have to get some tests done at one location, and others at another, but in my case, I got the total cost down to less than $200! That said, I've recently found the online labs, such as Private MD Labs are so far the cheapest, especially if you use their, "bundled" tests rather than, "al a carte". They're a breeze to work with, all you do is pay online for the tests you want and find a local lab. [My closest was less than half a mile away and there were a dozen with in a 20 mile radius.] They draw your blood and send it out; no need for you to do anything else. Plus as a bonus, they send *you* the test results, not your doctor, so you get them first and have a copy for your records, which some docs wont give you; *and* it does not require a script from your doctor. If you want, you can test as often as you like.

Lastly, and probably the *most* valuable is to keep using the snot out of this site. it is an *amazing* resource with incredible people who's personal experience and knowledge often *exceeds* that of the average doctor when it comes to HRT. <- Scary but true! I'm educating my own doc with what I've learned from others here on this site! <- True story!

There you have it and I don't even think I broke any board rules. Good luck.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 08-08-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks bro I will look around. Just trying to be on the legal side

Not a problem and everything I told you is perfectly legal.

These online clinics that offer HGH and test shots is what I am looking at. I have had no sucess whith a GP. All they want to do is change my diet and otc herbal supplements. The cheapest I have found what about the price of 4 ipads plus blood work which is the price of 1 ipad. Any info you give me is well noted

What's the motivating factor behind your interest in HRT? Are you looking to cycle or are you dealing with Low T? Have you had *any* tests yet and if so, what were the results?

To have a script for hgh and test to bring overseas while I work.

I guess I misunderstood you; you're thread title is "reasonablly priced HRT" but you're asking about HGH. I had assumed you were looking for help with Low T. If you're feeling fine, but looking for "improvements" then that's a hole other ball game and I'm afraid I cant help you with that one. Maybe you should change the thread title to, "Looking for cheap ways to get ahold of some HGH".
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 08-09-2010 at 12:19 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had a script for HGH. You can get it from most longevity clinics. They really dont care overseas if you have a script (my experience) or not but it may help if you get questioned bringing it home. It is said you are allowed by law to bring xxx amount home for personal use across some boarders but that all depends on who checks you and their mood I think.

Thread Information