Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Message from my Kaiser GP about my blood test...........

Dear "Roman", I am going to refer you to Endocrine even though the guidelines say that a normal total testosterone can actually go down to the level seen with your labwork. As long as the free testosterone and lh/prolactin are ok, you should be fine. However, I ask for endocrine's opinion given how this is affecting your marriage. Regards, ds, md.

BTW... my results were
    Total = 211
    Free = 61

go figure

Vettester is offline Banned
    These guys at Kaiser are just plain pathetic!!! Hell, they never would give me a lab for prolactin, and I was told by 'Kaiser' that free testosterone couldn't tell them anything; therefore no need to give that test.

So what guidelines is this guy talking about?? Because it appears team Kaiser isn't on the same page throughout the network. Where does any reference chart show that it's normal for Test to dip in the low 200's?

Now to stage 2 ... Endoville at Kaiser ... You're going to like this action!

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Well, how generous of the prick. Any idiot would be able to understand that the "numbers" are only part of the equation when rendering a diagnosis. Obviously, he is sub-idiot.

Skip the bullshit and seek out an HRT clinic. Yeah, you'll pay for it out of your own pocket but it's worth the money to get the results you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Ed View Post
    Well, how generous of the prick. Any idiot would be able to understand that the "numbers" are only part of the equation when rendering a diagnosis. Obviously, he is sub-idiot.

Skip the bullshit and seek out an HRT clinic. Yeah, you'll pay for it out of your own pocket but it's worth the money to get the results you are looking for.
    I'm 'tween jobs right at the moment, and conserving cash, so through the bullsh1t, go I must. I may get lucky with the endo. Who knows. But my cover story got me this far.... I'm going to stick with it.

btw... I've been only lightly working out, and obviously off any aas. I've lost 10 lbs in 10 weeks. I don't want this guy to make any kind of connection between my cover story and lifting.

quietasamouse is offline New Member
    Do any of the big insurance companies have a more progressive stance on HRT?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by quietasamouse View Post
    seems as if the problem lies with the doctor in this case not the insurance co. unless he is that much of a puppet

valencia1 is offline Junior Member

Kaiser does not get TRT

Quote Originally Posted by quietasamouse View Post
    I had Kaiser. They don't get it. Never did in the 10+ years I was with them. And they were f"n expensive!

I now have United Health Care. They get it. UHC even had an article on TRT in their newsletter a while back. The piece covered all the positives of TRT along with the possible negatives. My current primary care doc recommended this treatment for me in my first physical after leaving Kaiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I'm 'tween jobs right at the moment, and conserving cash, so through the bullsh1t, go I must. I may get lucky with the endo. Who knows. But my cover story got me this far.... I'm going to stick with it.

btw... I've been only lightly working out, and obviously off any aas. I've lost 10 lbs in 10 weeks. I don't want this guy to make any kind of connection between my cover story and lifting.
    I know the feeling, I've been out of work without insurance for some time. However my life couldn't wait until I found work again and I chose to pay out of pocket and found ways to make it more affordable. I've posted how I went about this a couple times and while I haven't sat down and added up the expenses; I'd be willing to bet that once you take into consideration your monthly contributions, deductibles and co-pays that it's really not that much different. I wouldn't want to pay for major surgery or other major procedures out of pocket however I believe that HRT *can* be managed affordibly if you use a few simple approaches. If you're interested, let me know and I'll post a link to one of my other posts explaining how to go about it.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 08-12-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    I know the feeling, I've been out of work without insurance for some time. However my life couldn't wait until I found work again and I chose to pay out of pocket and found ways to make it more affordable. I've posted how I went about this a couple times and while I haven't sat down and added up the expenses; I'd be willing to bet that once you take into consideration your monthly contributions, deductibles and co-pays that it's really not that much different. I wouldn't want to pay for major surgery or other major procedures out of pocket however I believe that HRT *can* be managed affordibly if you use a few simple approaches. If you're interested, let me know and I'll post a link to one of my other posts explaining how to go about it.
    Please post the link to one of your other posts explaining.....

Here you go, it was a post in response to someone else asking about "affordable HRT"; hopefully it will be of use to you. The one thing to keep in mind is, since you're paying out of pocket, you don't have to get stuck with whichever doc your HMO gives you. Keep searching until you find one who will work with you. When looking for the "right doc" I'd call ahead and ask if they even take cash customers. Also, before you schedule an appointment, I'd ask as many questions over the phone as possible. You'd be surprised at the info you can get without paying a consultation fee. It might save you an afternoon and $100 just to find out some doc isn't worth the time. Good luck and keep us posted if you decide to try this route.

reasonablly priced HRT

Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    Here you go, it was a post in response to someone else asking about "affordable HRT"; hopefully it will be of use to you. The one thing to keep in mind is, since you're paying out of pocket, you don't have to get stuck with whichever doc your HMO gives you. Keep searching until you find one who will work with you. When looking for the "right doc" I'd call ahead and ask if they even take cash customers. Also, before you schedule an appointment, I'd ask as many questions over the phone as possible. You'd be surprised at the info you can get without paying a consultation fee. It might save you an afternoon and $100 just to find out some doc isn't worth the time. Good luck and keep us posted if you decide to try this route.

reasonablly priced HRT
    thanks mate. I'll give it a shot (pun intended) if my current course doesn't work out.

Thread Information