subnet is offline Associate Member

To Anavar or not to Anavar... oh, HCG too?

So I think I know the answer but will ask all this great forum for answers

40yo
    5'10"
    190 lbs
    approx 18% bf (maybe less)
    working out for 1 year but always been active (trying for 4 times per week at the gym)

Have a great Dr. who is not an AA clinic, not a GP, not an Endo but an anti-aging Dr. who also works with the elderly. This guy is published (produced a book) and has been great for me but is VERY conservative. Doesn't believe in HCG for some reason and I know Anavar is out of the question. Had a crappy Endo originally so this guy is really good to have in comparison.

I've been on TRT since last October and feel really good on 120mg Test E per week. Take Adex 2 times per week typically but am still trying to dial-in the dosage. Have been reading a ton about HCG (my boys have definitely shrunk), and also been considering getting a little more strength with Anavar. Hey, who doesn't want to be a little stronger and have a little more muscle mass? Money is a concern but I know doing at least one 'cycle' of Anavar won't break the bank.

So with my Dr., both HCG and Anavar won't happen. I have an opportunity to work with an AA clinic who will help me with both. Of course, I read about not using Anaver until 15% or so bodyfat, but is that really a valid number, or just a guideline? With my 18% or so, will it help me get rid of some unwated bodyfat, or will I be wasting my $$.

I really want to start HCG and would LIKE to start Anavar, but am I off-base on this?

ds53 is offline Junior Member
    The HCG is good! I have been on TRT for a little while and mine had shrunk pretty good. After a few months though they made a little come back, they werent normal but where a hell of a lot better than what they had been. A HRT dr. prescribed me some HCG and in a matter of a couple of days they had rebounded. I now sub q 250 ius every 4 days and it seems to keep them happy, me happy too! As for the Anavar the HRT dr prescribe me some to prevent muscle wasting while i am dieting, it does help in the weight loss department as last weigh in on 8-19-2010 I lost 2 more lbs, but had gained 4 lbs of muscle, so I guess I actually lost 6 lbs of fat after 70 lbs of weight loss and a lot of muscle lost with it, I was really satisfied with the Anavar even though it cost a arm and a leg.

Vettester is offline Banned
    It's more of a guideline to get your BF lower before taking the Anavar . You might go have yourself measured to get the exact % so that you know for sure what you're up against. If you choose to go with it take some UDCA for liver protection. Anavar has the reputation of being pretty friendly on the liver, but I still had some elevated ALT/AST levels when I took it.

HCG ... You should be on it, right now, no questions asked! I can't figure out why a physician wouldn't prescribe this product for patients experiencing atrophy issues.

thanks guys! I realize that part of the atrophy issue is that I haven't told him about it (ok, it sounds like it's a big part of the issue ), but from previous conversations with him when I brought up HCG , he said that he hadn't seen it work well for what he was trying to do. Now, I know this goes against current knowledge, so I think part of the guy's problem is that he may be a little too 'old school'. When I mentioned HCG he said he prefers Clomid, but that was for kick-starting a person's own production.

That being said, he's really good and I hate to ditch him because he doesn't prescribe HCG but I like him for everything else. After getting the runaround from my GP and the endo, it's nice to finally have someone you like. I guess it's a choice to be made!

As for the Anavar , definitely will take UDCA - actually am taking it now just to keep my liver happier as I like my red wine. Would stop drinking if I did Anavar for sure. I guess the prudent thing would be to lean out some more (diet and more cardio) before trying it so that I get the best benefit and not waste the $$.

wecker is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by subnet View Post
    thanks guys! I realize that part of the atrophy issue is that I haven't told him about it (ok, it sounds like it's a big part of the issue ), but from previous conversations with him when I brought up HCG , he said that he hadn't seen it work well for what he was trying to do. Now, I know this goes against current knowledge, so I think part of the guy's problem is that he may be a little too 'old school'. When I mentioned HCG he said he prefers Clomid, but that was for kick-starting a person's own production.

That being said, he's really good and I hate to ditch him because he doesn't prescribe HCG but I like him for everything else. After getting the runaround from my GP and the endo, it's nice to finally have someone you like. I guess it's a choice to be made!

As for the Anavar, definitely will take UDCA - actually am taking it now just to keep my liver happier as I like my red wine. Would stop drinking if I did Anavar for sure. I guess the prudent thing would be to lean out some more (diet and more cardio) before trying it so that I get the best benefit and not waste the $$.
    where do you guys get the UDCA from ? I am also on TRT with Anavar .

wecker - from AR-R (top-right banner on this page). How has your experience been with Anavar ? Btw, how many mg and for how long are you going to run it?

wecker - from AR-R (top-right banner on this page). How has your experience been with Anavar? Btw, how many mg and for how long are you going to run it?
    just started my TRT last week... 220mg Testo Cyp./ week
    50mg Anavar a day 2 x 25mg. for eight weeks
    hcg 2 x week 500 I.U
    Anastrazole. 3 x 1 mg.

wecker - from AR-R (top-right banner on this page). How has your experience been with Anavar? Btw, how many mg and for how long are you going to run it?
    thanks by the way.

ok well then it's definitely too early for you to tell!

wrt Anastrazole/Arimidex , do you mean 1mg x 3 times per week or something else? If so, that seems like a lot. Is your Estradiol that high?

funny that I'm hijacking my own thread!

is this the same as UDCA ?

It is from thermolife

TAUROURSODEOXYCHOLIC ACID (TUDCA)
    A commonly prescribed drug for cholestasis is called Ursodiol (UDCA). However, it is a prescription drug and therefore NOT an option for OTC use. Fortunately, we believe there is a better choice, and that is tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA). TUDCA is the taurine conjugate of UDCA. It is an endogenous bile acid (found in bear gall bladder) accounting for a small percent of the bile found in the human body and has been used for years to treat liver disorders.

ok well then it's definitely too early for you to tell!

wrt Anastrazole/Arimidex , do you mean 1mg x 3 times per week or something else? If so, that seems like a lot. Is your Estradiol that high?

funny that I'm hijacking my own thread!
    my AA Clinic told me to take it 24h after testo-cyp. for three days
    1 mg/day Anastrazole.

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    probably late to the game on this one.. don't waste your money on anavar if you bf% isn't 15 or less.. i took it got awesome strength gains.. but no cutting..

its not worth the price if you don't already have the diet and such dialed in

Thread Information