13 months on TRT and *still* breaking out...

I had pretty advanced stages of LowT before I began TRT and had lost most of my body hair as a result. Then I began breaking out shortly after I started TRT. My doc told me it was due to follicles that were beginning to "regrow" hair again; and they were getting irritated. He said that in time, as the hair grows in, it should eventually stop. The breakouts usually happen anywhere from 1-3 days after I inject. I start getting itchy and it feels like I'm being jabbed with pins and needles all over my body. Eventually it stops and I begin to heal. I'm OK for a few days but then it starts all over again after my next injection. This is getting ridiculous; not to mention it's *hugely* uncomfortable and unpleasant to look at.

So what gives? Am I missing something here? Is there something else I should be adding to my regimen? Is this just something that has to run it's course?
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 08-29-2010 at 09:08 PM.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hair grows in cycles, so it could be a never ending process. I get laser hair removal and I can go from nearly hairless to cave man, depending on what hair cycle is active. This is why you have to go for many many sessions if you want to completely remove the hair.

ds53 is offline Junior Member
    My hair started growing everwhere like crazy when I started TRT. I get the dog clippers and keep down to a reasonable length weekley. Just wish it would make the hair on my head grow!

tubs is offline Associate Member
    try showering with dawn dish soap - once or twice a day - am & pm if you have to - i use the dawn with a stiff bath brush and scrub away

how often are you pinning - steady levels can also help

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What about switching up your t to one that has a different oil? Might be worth a shot if all else has failed and if you have been on the same for the thirteen months.

I'm using Test Cyp, .35ml/75mg twice a week. [150mg a week total.] I haven't tried the Dawn thing, but I do use body wash with a scrubber. I'll have to see if it
    works for me.

tubs is offline Associate Member
    there are special soaps that will help but they cost a lot more.

dawn has helped me a lot. it seemed weird at first but i like it now. i got a huge bottle at sams club that came with a pump on it. I shower in the a.m. before work and then right before bed with it.

give it a try, i actually read about it here in the other forum

Thread Information