Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries

pharmacy screwing with me?

So I went to pick up my 10ML test-C like I have every month for the past two years. The pharmacy said my script was only for 200MG EW and insurance would no longer cover 10ML. I showed her were my doc specifically noted I needed a bottle and made up a story about not being able to hold a tiny amp. She went to talk in the back and came back and said she could only give me four 200MG amps. I asked for my script back and they looked at me like I was crazy. Anyway, went to Costco and got my 10ML bottle.

Vettester is offline Banned
    From the pharmacy to the doc, and the government ... Everybody loves the control factor.

subnet is offline Associate Member
    Similar thing happened to me last month when i went to pick up my script. Doctor has always wrote it out for 12 weeks. My Test E comes in a 5ml vial @ 200mg/ml and I take 120mg every week, so a bottle lasts me 8 weeks. I get one bottle, then go back the next month for the second, and I get a little bit extra which I've been hoarding if I ever lose insurance etc.

So I pick up my bottle (which I've been doing the same since October at the same Walgreens pharmacy), and say 'I have one refill right' to which the pharmacist says 'no, you got what the Dr. prescribed', to which I reply that he prescribed me for 12 weeks. I had to do some math for her showing her that she only has given me 8 weeks worth. She says, 'it doesn't come in anything smaller than that' and you can't have any extra than what he prescribed', to which I answer 'but you didnt' even give me what he prescribed but 2 weeks less'. She says 'you'll have to call the Dr. and get another precription when you run out then i guess'...

So I drove off shaking my head - dumb bitch...

durak is offline Member
    My Walgreens tried the single 4 cc's this time. Going to go directly via express script fit 10ml here on out.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by subnet View Post
    Similar thing happened to me last month when i went to pick up my script. Doctor has always wrote it out for 12 weeks. My Test E comes in a 5ml vial @ 200mg/ml and I take 120mg every week, so a bottle lasts me 8 weeks. I get one bottle, then go back the next month for the second, and I get a little bit extra which I've been hoarding if I ever lose insurance etc.

So I pick up my bottle (which I've been doing the same since October at the same Walgreens pharmacy), and say 'I have one refill right' to which the pharmacist says 'no, you got what the Dr. prescribed', to which I reply that he prescribed me for 12 weeks. I had to do some math for her showing her that she only has given me 8 weeks worth. She says, 'it doesn't come in anything smaller than that' and you can't have any extra than what he prescribed', to which I answer 'but you didnt' even give me what he prescribed but 2 weeks less'. She says 'you'll have to call the Dr. and get another precription when you run out then i guess'...

So I drove off shaking my head - dumb bitch...
    so theyre not giving your your last fill?

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by durak View Post
    My Walgreens tried the single 4 cc's this time. Going to go directly via express script fit 10ml here on out.
    Walgreens sucks. I tried them once and even called ahead to make sure they had 10ML bottles, but when I got there they tried to give me 4 little ones.
    What is express script?

Quote Originally Posted by THORSZ View Post
    So I went to pick up my 10ML test-C like I have every month for the past two years. The pharmacy said my script was only for 200MG EW and insurance would no longer cover 10ML. I showed her were my doc specifically noted I needed a bottle and made up a story about not being able to hold a tiny amp. She went to talk in the back and came back and said she could only give me four 200MG amps. I asked for my script back and they looked at me like I was crazy. Anyway, went to Costco and got my 10ML bottle.
    good for you bro...so who are these creeps anyway...my fn script usually says 10ml bottle on them...imma be screwed if these fn pharmacies keep fn up...cuz my dose says 200mg e3w but its never mattered because of the 10ml understood clause...u shouldnt have needed a story...if your RX said 10ml fn vial then they should have fn filled it with a 10 fn ml fn vial

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    good for you bro...so who are these creeps anyway...my fn script usually says 10ml bottle on them...imma be screwed if these fn pharmacies keep fn up...cuz my dose says 200mg e3w but its never mattered because of the 10ml understood clause...u shouldnt have needed a story...if your RX said 10ml fn vial then they should have fn filled it with a 10 fn ml fn vial
    It was Safeway. They are a major grocery chain. I agree. If the doc says 10ML then I should get 10ML. Hopefully Costco will keep filling it. I bet women don't have trouble with these friggin pharmacys.

rebelstate is offline Junior Member
    get used to it..rite aid started being a pricke about it too and tried to give me the 1ml vial instead of my 10ml,got pissed off and called a friend of mine who is a pharmist and he told me its happing everwhere cause dea is checking all records of people useing certain class drugs and doing the math on how much you should get,they are cracking down hard on the pharmacys and the only way around it is to get your doc to write script for AS NEEDED and not for the usual 200 every two weeks,im gonna try and get mine changed later to be compounded at a cost of 62 bucks for 10ml 200 test cyp,instead of 89 bucks it cost my last time,my in ins stopped paying saying one bottle should last 145 days and i should already have enough to last til next year...

gonna be more biz for the clinics if this shitat keeps up

so theyre not giving your your last fill?
    nope futhermuckinbonofasitch

gonna be more biz for the clinics if this shitat keeps up
    totally... the main reason I've stuck with my Dr. is that I've been getting scripts of Test E and Adex at relatively-cheap prices through insurance. If it becomes a hassle, then AA-clinic here we come...

arizona32 is offline Junior Member
    Happened to me at Walgreens too. The pharmacist said it's going to be like that from now on. Thought it was just my insurance and pharmacy, guess not.

i'll be filling in 5 or 6 days in florida....i'll keep the thread updated

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i get another refill next month at walgreens and i always get a 10ml so ill let you guys know also

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelstate View Post
    get used to it..rite aid started being a pricke about it too and tried to give me the 1ml vial instead of my 10ml,got pissed off and called a friend of mine who is a pharmist and he told me its happing everwhere cause dea is checking all records of people useing certain class drugs and doing the math on how much you should get,they are cracking down hard on the pharmacys and the only way around it is to get your doc to write script for AS NEEDED and not for the usual 200 every two weeks,im gonna try and get mine changed later to be compounded at a cost of 62 bucks for 10ml 200 test cyp,instead of 89 bucks it cost my last time,my in ins stopped paying saying one bottle should last 145 days and i should already have enough to last til next year...
    Man, if they do the math on me then they are gonna want some back. Lol! I have been filling my script every month. Maybe I just needed a new pharmacy and a fresh start.

wecker is offline Junior Member
    Man, if they do the math on me then they are gonna want some back. Lol! I have been filling my script every month. Maybe I just needed a new pharmacy and a fresh start.

BOB89 is offline Associate Member
    My DR writes my script heavy at almost double what he knows I use. He was aware of the test shortage and wanted to make sure i don't run out. So although I haven't been getting a 10ml bottle per month like I was I'm still getting enough to stock pile so I dont' run short in the future. He also likes to build in some leeway if I feel a dosage change is necassary since he lets me regulate what i take with in reason.

ecsaaron is offline Associate Member
    I get one 10 ml bottle every three weeks at 3 cc per week.I fill at publix in florida and havent had a problem yet..I looked at my insurance coverage and it doesnt cover 10 ml bottle but they have been paying.says only covers 1 ml bottle.

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecsaaron View Post
    I get one 10 ml bottle every three weeks at 3 cc per week.I fill at publix in florida and havent had a problem yet..I looked at my insurance coverage and it doesnt cover 10 ml bottle but they have been paying.says only covers 1 ml bottle.
    they probably do.. its just buried in the formulary.. i can guarantee that if its not covered they won't pay for it...

what insurance do you have?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good job. Nice not putting up withe the BS and it's the best way to show it by taking it elsewhere...

So they wanted to just give you ONE little ampule? WTF? what good would that be?

Speaking of I have my 10 ml vial waiting for me at the pharmacy as we speak. I forgot to pick it up today... I hope they (Walgreen's) does not try this with me also. If they do I will just switch to Costco also.

My doc writes for 1 10ml (200mg/ml) bottle a month but it also says to use .75ml week. I may have to have that upped soon but I JUST did blood work. I will get the results next week. Maybe my next couple test will need to come in low so my dosage will work out to be more.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 09-12-2010 at 12:44 AM.

maybe theres someone/ppl from the dea that read our posts and theyre causing problems and/or they can see the actual rx doses and see how much is being dispensed and do the math???????????

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    maybe theres someone/ppl from the dea that read our posts and theyre causing problems and/or they can see the actual rx doses and see how much is being dispensed and do the math???????????
    Man, that would suck. I would think that if anyone is watching anything, they are probably watching the main forum and not a bunch of guys with low test. Funny, cuase I do make sure not to leave to many details.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Man, that would suck. I would think that if anyone is watching anything, they are probably watching the main forum and not a bunch of guys with low test. Funny, cuase I do make sure not to leave to many details.
    they are most likely watching for guys picking up more than what we are, i have been getting 1 10ml bottle monthly for like the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by pittbulldad View Post
    they probably do.. its just buried in the formulary.. i can guarantee that if its not covered they won't pay for it...

what insurance do you have?
    united health care,$400.month for family with a $4000 deductible..=sucks

I know im the exteme at 3 ccs or 600 mgs a week but I have the blood work and MRI to justify it and it only puts me around 7-800.I say there is other things in fla like the oxy heads that rob pharmacies everyday to worry about other than some guy with low test.WASTE OF TIME AND TAXPAYER MONEY if they do read ths forum..

I know im the exteme at 3 ccs or 600 mgs a week but I have the blood work and MRI to justify it and it only puts me around 7-800.I say there is other things in fla like the oxy heads that rob pharmacies everyday to worry about other than some guy with low test.WASTE OF TIME AND TAXPAYER MONEY if they do read ths forum..
    hope so

Vettester is offline Banned
    You had made a few posts a couple months back stating that 400mg/wk gets you to those same levels. Did something change to where it now takes 600mg?

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    united health care,$400.month for family with a $4000 deductible..=sucks
    Mine is very similar. My company switched this year and we got nailed with bills. I was in the hospital and I have kids too. When it switched over, they wanted me to pay full price for test so I just used what I already had until my deductable was met. Blood work is expensive too when you have to cover a decuctable. I think it took me all of three months to meet it though because of all the bills. Now I hardly pay anything.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Walgreen's has been my primary pharmacy, but I shop my script every time I get it because I'm paying out of pocket. I usually check prices at Costco, Walmart, Walgreen's, and Osco. Never had a problem getting it filled, but I'm pretty sure my script was for a 10ml/200mg per mL vial. I just got my last script filled two weeks ago so if this is a new policy I won't know for another 10 weeks.

rebelstate is offline Junior Member
    they are actually checking files at the phamacys according to my freind and he said not to get upset at the pharmist cause they are the ones getting nailed for filling too soon....thats why he told me to get script changed next time to AS NEEDED and i will not have anymore problems..

Quote Originally Posted by rebelstate View Post
    they are actually checking files at the phamacys according to my freind and he said not to get upset at the pharmist cause they are the ones getting nailed for filling too soon....thats why he told me to get script changed next time to AS NEEDED and i will not have anymore problems..
    Thats what i was guessing...dont underestimate the nitpickiness of govt agencies

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You can add CVS to this list. Tried to pick up my refill today and I got the third degree from nearly the entire pharmacy staff and they ultimately denied me the Rx and said my Dr. would have to call them because I still have a few weeks worth of the prescription left. They quite literally made me feel like a criminal/drug addict.

My Rx is 100mg/week but I've been doing 100mg/E5D to maintain a better constant level, so I'm going through my script a bit faster than I would. This was ok with my Dr. but because it was a verbal agreement between us, the pharmacy won't honor it and will only supply my test c at a rate equal to my original Rx. Apparently I'm either going to have to lower the dose or go back to once per week or I am going to run out.

Quote Originally Posted by frawnz View Post
    You can add CVS to this list. Tried to pick up my refill today and I got the third degree from nearly the entire pharmacy staff and they ultimately denied me the Rx and said my Dr. would have to call them because I still have a few weeks worth of the prescription left. They quite literally made me feel like a criminal/drug addict.
    I felt the same way frawnz and hearing this p!sses me off even more. Guess it means that you're just going to have to get your Dr. to write you a new script that satisfies the inject every 5 days. Some people said that theirs were written 'as needed', but I can't see the gov't or pharmacy thinking that's cool as it means even less regulation?

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ya. My Endo is cool and all, but there's no way I can see him giving me an "as needed" Rx.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    if you are paying out of pocket - find a compounding pharmacy= cheaper and they will dispense in 10ml vials always. If you are running through pbm, then it looks like you are fubar'd

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    if you are paying out of pocket - find a compounding pharmacy= cheaper and they will dispense in 10ml vials always. If you are running through pbm, then it looks like you are fubar'd
    the compound pharm would need a rx for a compound product they wont make a script that my doc gives me

might just have to go all clinic...i got 2 days till i try my pharm...imma use phone system...i'll post wednesday night

the compound pharm would need a rx for a compound product they wont make a script that my doc gives me

might just have to go all clinic...i got 2 days till i try my pharm...imma use phone system...i'll post wednesday night
    Mine will make any script my doc gives me. If they are giving you a hard time, just get your doc to write a script for say test C, 225/ml/10ml. Some compounding pharmacies will only compound if it is a strength that is not available.

Including HCG .

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    Mine will make any script my doc gives me. If they are giving you a hard time, just get your doc to write a script for say test C, 225/ml/10ml. Some compounding pharmacies will only compound if it is a strength that is not available.
    I see...interesting...i wonder why that they wont compound any dose? really weird/intesting these compound pharms and clinics

I see...interesting...i wonder why that they wont compound any dose? really weird/intesting these compound pharms and clinics
    laws and rules written to protect the manufact's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information