CFforged is offline Junior Member

Script from an Anti-Aging Clinic?

Hey guys

I just made my first appointment with a local anti-aging clinic. They haven't even taken my blood work yet but they are already talking about giving me injections They already made some comments that lead me to believe they will find a reason to get me on TRT.

But, what I'm really wondering about is if anti-aging clinics ever give out perscriptions so you can inject at home? My PPO will cover my visits there but I will have a copay of $25 everytime I visit them. If I'm getting weekly injections that will add up fast. Anyone have any experience with a clinic writing you a script, or is making you come in frequently how they make their bucks?

Any thoughts on this guys?

If they don't hand out scripts, and my bloodwork supports TRT, should I just take my results to an endo?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Some docs give scripts so you can inject at home---
    My doc does this for the men who are on Test----but then again, many docs want you to come in for injections---depends on the doc---so---wait and someone will chime in since this seems to be a challenge for many here----to get the doc to let you do it on your own.....

Hold off for the endocrinologist until you know what they will do... since you have already started there...this process in the beginning seems like it takes a long time but once on a roll...it gets better!

Some guys will think you are way ahead by not being told you are simply getting a t-gel or cream...so..hold tight
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 09-09-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Most clinics have you self medicate. Usually the prescriptions are sent UPS/FedX, which includes the pins, alcohol wipes, etc. Don't really know of any clinics that make you come to their place.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I use an online anti-aging pharmacy and a local doc and both let me inject at home.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    cforged, doubt the ppo will cover the compounded prescriptions

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    cforged, doubt the ppo will cover the compounded prescriptions
    Or the visits to the clinic it seems.....

I apparantly only get 12 visits a year to out of network places, and my chiro is out of network so I've used them all up. It would cost me $900 per visit out of pocket to go to this clinic!!!

I decided to go the endo route, but the endo won't see me without a diagnosis from my primary. So, I'm off to get my bloodwork done by my GP after work.

BTW, should I be asking for anything more specific than a full blood panel?

I'm obviously going to tell them I'm exhibiting symptoms of low test and that's my reason for wanting the bloodwork. But wasn't sure if I needed to get more specific than that since it's a GP.

mav6 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CFforged View Post
    BTW, should I be asking for anything more specific than a full blood panel?

I'm obviously going to tell them I'm exhibiting symptoms of low test and that's my reason for wanting the bloodwork. But wasn't sure if I needed to get more specific than that since it's a GP.
    Don't say that. Some docs may decline because they feel you're "fishing" for a diagnosis. Just tell them you're feeling fatigued, you're not recovering after workouts, your libido is down, you're not feeling yourself lately, and it's been a gradual decline of energy.

If you tell them you're suddenly sapped of energy, they'll start testing you for mono and all kinds of other shit.

I don't think you want TRT though. Think this over really carefully. You're what? 30 if I remember? There's a big difference between doing a cycle of AAS and boarding the TRT train. You should check out the TRT forum on Primordial Performance and ask a few questions there.

Just want to get this checked to either confirm or rule out low test levels. Hopefully I haven't come across as hoping to be a TRT candidate. If it's not test levels causing my low energy & libido I'll be sure to figure it all out before considering a cycle.

Thyroid and blood cell counts all came back normal, still waiting on lab with test levels, should be back by morning....

Callsign is offline Associate Member
    Just did my bloodwork today after finishing my post cycle HCG treatment. When he gets the results he'll call me in for the next cycle's consultation. This is my 2nd doc & they both had me self medicate.

You do the test in cycles, or is it a year round thing?

Cycles.. 2 injections per week, alternating glute cheeks for 10 weeks, then post cycle hcg .

And no pyramids with the docs I used, 2ml per week for 10 weeks, & if you should accidently drop one and need an extra they'll replace it

Quote Originally Posted by Callsign View Post
    Cycles.. 2 injections per week, alternating glute cheeks for 10 weeks, then post cycle hcg.
    How long between cycles?

I'm doing 3mo off, but they're willing to do my blood test again as soon as I finish hcg treatment which i believe was 42days. Then I am able to start another cycle, but I'm happy with 2cycles a yr.

Thread Information