Alloy is offline Junior Member

HRT has begun, looking forward towards better days

I feel like I've been to hell and back, but tonight I finally started my HRT. I'm going to keep a day by day journal and if the mods see fit, they can make a sticky of my progress. Just took my first dose of AI (Anastrazole 1.5mg) which is going to be EOD for the first few weeks. For 2 years I've been tracking my E2 and I've never been able to get it within range. It's been in the mid to upper 50s pg/dl for as long as I know so I've started with the AI first along with a shot of HCG (250iu) 2X wk. I won't start the Test (125mg) until a few days pass to make sure my body doesn't react adversely to the first 2 meds. Also at the advice of many, I'm adding Pregnelone as ppl swear up and down that this supplement is key.

I'll keep everyone updated as I move along with this.

ambulldog is offline New Member
    good for you. once you get things dialed in you'll feel great. ive never used anastrazole and im no expert but that seems to me to be a pretty hefty dose. bottoming your e2 too quickly will make you feel just as bad if not worse than high. 50's are high but not off the charts high. did your dr rec the 1.5mg ana eod? if not and you decided this on your own id get some better feedback from guys like vette and others here. i personally use aromasin at 12.5mg e3d while on trt and bump it to ed or eod if i do a cycle

Quote Originally Posted by ambulldog View Post
    good for you. once you get things dialed in you'll feel great. ive never used anastrazole and im no expert but that seems to me to be a pretty hefty dose. bottoming your e2 too quickly will make you feel just as bad if not worse than high. 50's are high but not off the charts high. did your dr rec the 1.5mg ana eod? if not and you decided this on your own id get some better feedback from guys like vette and others here. i personally use aromasin at 12.5mg e3d while on trt and bump it to ed or eod if i do a cycle

Yes, the clinic I'm dealing with is starting with 1.5 EOD as there is a little more going on in my body. You are correct, most people start out with .25, .50 or 1.0mg, but my body converts Test to E2 at a scary rate. While others can tolerate higher E2 levels, with my TT at 490 and my E2 in the 50s along with midsection and chest fat, E2 is the predominate hormone right now. While I agree with you that low E2 is bad, I have every issue related to E2 issues along with shitty test levels. It's bad enough to the point that if I touch Androgel , I retain water and blow up like a balloon. In addition to that, the BP goes up with this E2 bullshit.

As for Mr. Vetteman, no worries....he's been a light in the darkness!

At the advice of all the vets here, I'm taking it nice and slow and listening to my body. If the AI is too much, then I'll bump it down to twice a week.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ambulldog View Post
    Agree 100%!!! Way too much anastrozole. I'd personally go at 0.5mg x 2/wk for the first week or two to see how you do with it, then bump it to 0.5 x 3/wk til you run your first follow up panels, which should be in 6 weeks. From there you can make incremental adjustments and start dialing it in to where you need it. Just my .02, so please consult any changes you make or consider with your doctor.

Glad to hear you're moving forward. Also glad to hear you're structuring it out with adding the Pregnenolone. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Agree 100%!!! Way too much anastrozole. I'd personally go at 0.5mg x 2/wk for the first week or two to see how you do with it, then bump it to 0.5 x 3/wk til you run your first follow up panels, which should be in 6 weeks. From there you can make incremental adjustments and start dialing it in to where you need it. Just my .02, so please consult any changes you make or consider with your doctor.

Glad to hear you're moving forward. Also glad to hear you're structuring it out with adding the Pregnenolone. Keep us posted.

Will do so! I'm going to make a call and question the amount of AI and see if I can get that corrected.

100% agree with Vettman [He is after all... "The Man" when it comes to HRT =) ] 1.5 is WAY too much. Just for some perspective. my E2 was **167** and after 6 weeks of .5 EOD of Arimidex I got it down to 37! Then I made the mistake of continuing my regimen of .5 EOD for only another 4 weeks and overshot the mark! My last test from a week ago my E2 was 21 and I felt like HELL!!! Trust me when I say, Low E is NO fun. It's almost worse then High E.

Go lightly my friend, you'll get there in time.

Best of luck!

crg
    crg is offline Junior Member
    Alloy, you have a connection with the hog or just a fan? The most underrated ACFT in the USAF inventory, those fast burners boys are pu**ies compaired to low/slow/30mm CAS death from above...love that 30 buuuurrrrppppp

JuiceBox12 is offline Junior Member
    Hope things work out for you.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like the idea of front loading the adex, especially if you know you are a major converter and have high bf. 1.5 eod for two or three weeks does seem high though. If your doc is set on 1.5 - wouldn't run it eod for more than a week and then taper to 1.0 twice a week then down again to .5 twice/week (after a week). Just a thought -

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    I like the idea of front loading the adex, especially if you know you are a major converter and have high bf. 1.5 eod for two or three weeks does seem high though. If your doc is set on 1.5 - wouldn't run it eod for more than a week and then taper to 1.0 twice a week then down again to .5 twice/week (after a week). Just a thought -
    this sounds well more sound

x2

Thread Information