USBguy2132 is offline New Member

Testosterone PLO question

Hi All,

I'm 24, and I've been on TRT since March after symptoms of poor sexual function were matched with low T, LH, and FSH. After much research, I came to the conclusion that this drop was a result of the prolonged use of melatonin as a sleep aid, although the data is mixed on what affect this has on the sexual function of men.

I started off at

T = 304 ng/dl
    FSH = 2.0 MIU/mL
    LH = 1.8 MIU/mL

I started off with shots, which got my T up to the 500s, and then switched to a PLO based cream at 10 g per mL. My numbers in June were as follows:

T: 432
    FSH: 1
    LH: 1.4

Although my T wasn't all that I, normal sexual function returned.

I then switched to a PLO cream from a different pharmacy. For about 2-3 weeks I moved my dosage up from 1 mL to 1.5 mL as I began noticing a drop in sexual function again. After my libido shot through the roof (the point where it was becoming a disturbance), I dropped back down to 1 mL.

After roughly two weeks of being back on a dose of 1 mL, I got my blood drawn and these were my results:

T: 932
    Free T: 45 ng/dl (5-21)
    FSH: 1.1
    LH: 1.8

My endocrinologist said this was a good sign that my pituitary had recovered and could begin tappering off the T.

Surprised by the high T, I got retested 4 days after the results of 932. My T was 666. I didn't get anything else tested, and I took the test at roughly the same time I took the previous test (12 hours after application of the creme).

My question is this:

Could being on 1.5 mL instead of 1 mL for 3 weeks account for the large rise in T, despite being back on a dose of 1 mL for about two weeks prior to the blood test. I'm having trouble understanding how my T could drop 300 ng/dl in 4 days despite a consistent dosage.

First of I'd highly suggest finding a dose that keeps you libido going the right amount and sticking with it. How about trying 1.25ml? You are always better at a stable level so your body can adjust and level out.

Second, the drop off could be the result of how long the compound stays active. I must say I'm not very familiar with the creams. Generally though there is a working life with test though. This is why you start a PCT regimen two weeks after your last injection. You have to wait for the free test to come down. It may well be that your testing was timed just so that you saw the drop off.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    i would guess that you could have had some build up from the higher dose... just my .02...
    but did i read correctly...your doc said that this testosterone therapy could have cured you?
    also what does plo stand for please?

welcome to the board

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i would guess that you could have had some build up from the higher dose... just my .02...
    but did i read correctly...your doc said that this testosterone therapy could have cured you?
    also what does plo stand for please?

welcome to the board
    Thanks for the welcome man.

I'm not exactly sure what my doctor's logic is now that I think of it. My general understanding is that TRT would have the opposite effect of jumpstarting the pituitary. My guess is that he saw the jump from 430 to 930 without a corresponding decrease in LH and FSH indicated that my body was beginning to produce more testosterone on it's own again. The logic there would be that the higher the T artificially raised, the lower the LH and the FSH. I'm going to have to e-mail him.

PLO is a transdermal cream mixed with the testosterone. It's not the same one that's in androgel .

Quote Originally Posted by TKO Performance View Post
    First of I'd highly suggest finding a dose that keeps you libido going the right amount and sticking with it. How about trying 1.25ml? You are always better at a stable level so your body can adjust and level out.

Second, the drop off could be the result of how long the compound stays active. I must say I'm not very familiar with the creams. Generally though there is a working life with test though. This is why you start a PCT regimen two weeks after your last injection. You have to wait for the free test to come down. It may well be that your testing was timed just so that you saw the drop off.
    I'm hoping that I'm not going to need TRT to keep my libido going and my pituitary was just temporarily messed up via the melatonin. I'm concerned about the longterm implications for fertility, although I'm good now after having been on TRT for half a year or so. And in the worst case scenario, there's always HCG and clomid.

My understanding is that the PCT you're talking about would be for those taking injections that peak 12 or so hours after the injection and slowly drops over the course of two weeks. I'm of the understanding that transdermal creams are released relatively quickly, which is why you have to take them everyday. I think I might be missing something here though. I'm going to have to go back and look at the graphs. I'm sure they've got to bring you to a general baseline sufficiently higher than from where you started and than you just peak and valley from that base line over the course of 24 hours.

But once you lower the dose, I'm guessing the baseline should start to drop.

Something seems a bit off.

These are the graphs I'm look at:

http://www.steroid.com/Transdermal-Testosterone.php

I'm seeing a slow buildup to a baseline in the second graph, but quick drops in a 24 hour period in the first.

kenshiro is offline New Member

Question

hey seoulless, welcome to the board!

Your thread was an interesting read. I'm 25 and I've been having low T (really low free T) for the last few years. And it just so happens I used melatonin also (my thread is here ------> Hypogonadism - 25 yr old male, blood work )
    How much did you use and for how long??
    I used 3 mg/night quite often for a month or so, maybe more.
    Is there any specific blood test that tells the doc that melatonin could be the cause?

Thread Information