Thread: Labs

G.P. is offline Junior Member

Labs

I got a copy of my lab back today. For testosterone all it says Total Test level: 2.2 Normal Level 2.8 - 8.0. So he said he's refering me to endocrinology, but needed 2 more vials of blood because they wanted to do specific tests before they saw me. So I'm guessing the 2.2 was from a general test & the full panel will be the one endo does before I go in?
    They also did full panels on blood chemistry, lipid panel, thyroid, liver, cholesterol which were all well within the normal range.
    Can anyone tell me what to expect when I go to endo? This is through the VA & I know they don't always prescribe the best solution but this is my first time through this process. Thanks.

brutusthebull is offline Associate Member
    All I can say is, whenI had blood work done,I specified that I wanted test level checked,when it came back low he told me to find a uroligist to see what my options were. Took my results to the doc that done my vesectomy, he asked me if I wanted cream or injectable, told him injectable, and the rest is history, test c 1cc a week, straight from my pharmicy ! cost me 10 bucks for 10 cc. on my insurance ! what a great country we live in LOL !

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    if your second/third bloodwork confirm the first and your complaining of low T symptoms the endo will check your prostate, pituitary if all checks out no tumor/cancer they'll offer you replacement doses of test

cool thanks. I hadn't even complained of low T symptons & was surprised when the doc contacted me to let me know. They did a full blood work up for over 40 physical & apparently total T was one of the labs. I go see the endo next week so their tests must have showed the same.

Vettester is offline Banned
    It all depends on the endo you get. There was a guy on here a few months ago who was going through the VA, and if I remember correctly, he was just getting jerked around. If I find his post I'll copy it to the thread. Anyways, whether the VA or anywhere else, none of these guys are working on a collective set of standards. Hopefully you will get one that will treat you properly.

Let us know how you make out. Thanks!

So I had my appt today. It was an "intake" appt where they just ask some screening questions & do more bloodwork if needed. It's the VA so they probably have a different way of doing it. I have another appt next Friday. they wouldn't discuss what treatment if any I would be getting. Said I have to see the endo for that next week & he will go over it with me. I did get a copy of my latest labs though but have no idea what is considered low enough to get TRT. Maybe someone can help me out that knows what these #'s mean?

TSH 4.01 uIU/mL ref ranges .27-4.2

T.TEST 1.9 ng/ml ref ranges 2.8-8

SHBG 17 nmol/L ref ranges 10-80

FTESTc 48pg/ml ref ranges 34-194

TEST.WK 120 ng/dL ref ranges 84-402

LH 1.0 mIU/mL ref ranges 1.7-8.6

FSH 1.2 mIU/mL ref ranges 1.5-12.4

PROL 4.0 ng/ml ref ranges 4-15.2

CORTIS, 11-DEOX, ALDOS, DHEAS, TEST Fz, GR HOR, INSULIN , all listed but no values so I'm assuming these weren't needed for the evaluation.

Thanks again for any help!

they usually go by your total Test and by looking at your labs you are below the low range for normal (so you are out of range-LOW) forgive me for reiterating just wanted to be clear...
    so you've had 2 labs both coming back out of range..
    endo should be sending you for an mri of your pituitary and will probably want to check your prostate (need to rule out tumors) before prescibing test as it would cause cancer to grow faster..

i didnt see your symptoms can you give us some stats, etc.

wish u luck bro

I went to my initial VA appt a few months ago where they basically due a full physical & work up. At the same time I had my over 40 physical, prostate exam, etc. Everything came back good. They do blood work on all new patients for liver, thyroid, cholesterol etc which came back good also. As far as symptons I didn't really think about that or state any that I thought I had, I was just doing my over 40 workup & I guess the doc saw something that made him want to run blood for test levels. Total t was 2.2. That's when he said he was referring me to an endo & when the endo did thier bloodwork it came back at 1.9 & the other #'s posted above.
    Height 5'11"
    Weight: 210 (thats down from 252 at beginning of the year)
    Haven't juiced in years & workout 6 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
    I went to my initial VA appt a few months ago where they basically due a full physical & work up. At the same time I had my over 40 physical, prostate exam, etc. Everything came back good. They do blood work on all new patients for liver, thyroid, cholesterol etc which came back good also. As far as symptons I didn't really think about that or state any that I thought I had, I was just doing my over 40 workup & I guess the doc saw something that made him want to run blood for test levels. Total t was 2.2. That's when he said he was referring me to an endo & when the endo did thier bloodwork it came back at 1.9 & the other #'s posted above.
    Height 5'11"
    Weight: 210 (thats down from 252 at beginning of the year)
    Haven't juiced in years & workout 6 days a week.
    well if you cant get any gains or lose any more fat i'm sure you'll benefit with your test levels being upped a little

Had my appt today. Endo said that even though total T was low, free T was low but within the parameters. Said she would start me on a trt program to see how I felt & go from there. Prescribed 200mg Test Cyp every 2 weeks with a re eval & bloodwork in 2 months. I was just glad to get the injections & to be allowed to self inject instead of going back every 2 weeks so I didn't push the issue of dosage times. I'm guessing that injecting 100mg every week instead of 200mg every 2 weeks would be better though as far as keeping levels more stable? Overall I think this is at least a very good start compared to what I've read some people have to go through just to get the injections let alone be able to administer it themselves. I'll update how I feel & what the re eval produces when I go back.

Had my appt today. Endo said that even though total T was low, free T was low but within the parameters. Said she would start me on a trt program to see how I felt & go from there. Prescribed 200mg Test Cyp every 2 weeks with a re eval & bloodwork in 2 months. I was just glad to get the injections & to be allowed to self inject instead of going back every 2 weeks so I didn't push the issue of dosage times. I'm guessing that injecting 100mg every week instead of 200mg every 2 weeks would be better though as far as keeping levels more stable? Overall I think this is at least a very good start compared to what I've read some people have to go through just to get the injections let alone be able to administer it themselves. I'll update how I feel & what the re eval produces when I go back.
    congrats and yes 100 a week is a good start...wish u would have posted up the actual numbers instead of just saying they were low but...if low...you should do well on 100 a week

all my numbers are above in post #6. that was the last time they did bloodwork.

all my numbers are above in post #6. that was the last time they did bloodwork.
    my bad...wow...below normal...when is first shot day?

I took a bag of sharps & 10ml vial home today. Sunday will be first shot. Since I'm self injecting they gave me 1" assuming I'd be injecting in quads but the wife will be doing it for me so picking up some 22x2 tomorrow for glute injections.

The way it was explained to me was that although all my levels were low the free test could be considered acceptable not knowing what my levels were earlier in life. Not having any bloodwork to go off of prior to this it's doctor interpretation is what I was told. Also said my thyroid was borderline. They ordered a brain mri for me that I do next week. I didn't understand the whole explanation but due to a couple of concussion injuries they said my pituitary gland or rather the stem from the brain into the gland could have gotten screwy & is not regulating my hormone levels properly. Never heard of that but sounds possible. They were talking about several different types of therapy but want to start one at a time otherwise no way of knowing which is helping & which isn't. This is the first endo I've been to see but happy that they're starting with the TRT first & possibly adding more later if needed so no complaints with the prescribed program.
    Hopefully getting back to feeling "normal" again soon!

I took a bag of sharps & 10ml vial home today. Sunday will be first shot. Since I'm self injecting they gave me 1" assuming I'd be injecting in quads but the wife will be doing it for me so picking up some 22x2 tomorrow for glute injections.

The way it was explained to me was that although all my levels were low the free test could be considered acceptable not knowing what my levels were earlier in life. Not having any bloodwork to go off of prior to this it's doctor interpretation is what I was told. Also said my thyroid was borderline. They ordered a brain mri for me that I do next week. I didn't understand the whole explanation but due to a couple of concussion injuries they said my pituitary gland or rather the stem from the brain into the gland could have gotten screwy & is not regulating my hormone levels properly. Never heard of that but sounds possible. They were talking about several different types of therapy but want to start one at a time otherwise no way of knowing which is helping & which isn't. This is the first endo I've been to see but happy that they're starting with the TRT first & possibly adding more later if needed so no complaints with the prescribed program.
    Hopefully getting back to feeling "normal" again soon!
    well bro...sounds like you found a decent endo...I hope it works out as well for you as a lot of us...keep us posted

Vettester is offline Banned
    Since I'm self injecting they gave me 1" assuming I'd be injecting in quads but the wife will be doing it for me so picking up some 22x2 tomorrow for glute injections.
    Congrats, great job & let us know how things progress. Have you considered a smaller pin, maybe 23g or 25g? 1-1/2" will be sufficient for the glutes. I draw with a 20g & pin with 25g, which is usually unnoticeable. Just another option to think about as you get going.

Yeah I'll probably go with the 23x1.5" since wife will be doing it. I used to use 21 or 22 x2" when I injected myself as I was worried about snapping one off. wanted a beefy sharp that was long enough to leave plenty hanging out. They gave me 18ga to draw with, a little overkill I think.

Yeah I'll probably go with the 23x1.5" since wife will be doing it. I used to use 21 or 22 x2" when I injected myself as I was worried about snapping one off. wanted a beefy sharp that was long enough to leave plenty hanging out. They gave me 18ga to draw with, a little overkill I think.
    18's are perfect...2" pin thats over kill

Thread Information