highnmighty is offline Associate Member

Unusual problem w/ Arimidex

Ive been on TRT for 7 weeks now and every time I use adex my hair gets extremely brittle and thin. I took one .5mg and then .25mg 2 x's per week. I don't understand why it is doing this. So I refuse to take it anymore. I was wondering if anyone else around here has had a similar experience with Arimidex .

BTW called my doc and blood work came back and they told me some of the results over the phone. My TT is in the 900's and E2 at 37( w/ 100mg / week of cyp). To be honest I felt good the first couple of weeks taking the Test and now I don't feel any different than before I started. My numbers seem ok but who the hell knows. Im starting to wonder what's the point.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    never heard that about adex - sorry. tt looks great - but what is your free t number? I really didn't level out and feel great almost every day until about month 5 - guess that is when my bod said - okay so this is how it's gonna be and settled in. E2 at 37 shouldn't be bothering you, although it could be a little lower. Were you off the adex for a while when you had your bw done?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    could have sworn i read ONE post like that about the hair but yeh sounds rare..

bowers32 is offline Junior Member
    yea the E2 could be lower... but I do undertstand what you are saying about not feeling any different. I agree with flatscat that it may take your body a while to get adjusted. I also think that we sometimes forget what it is like without it. I have purposly stopped all TRT for 6 weeks... if for no other reason to see if I see a big difference without it. A lot of people expect me to crash... I hope I do... it will be confirmation that the TRT is workign for me... I am just trying to be very mindful of how I feel, my energy levels, libido etc.. while off of it so I can compare when I go back on.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Hmmm ... That's usually not one of the sides commonly associated with Anastrozole/Arimidex . If it is caused by the Adex, then I'm wondering if you're experiencing some sort of allergic condition. You're not seeing any rashes or any other symptoms are you?

My first thought would be that it's the testosterone converting to DHT. Increased DHT can be problematic for guys who are genetically prone to hair loss. I guess you can rule this in/out since you stopped taking the AI. Like Flats, I'm also curious about the free test score. Any other issues?? (Thyroid, adrenals, CBC, etc.)

highnmighty is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Hmmm ... That's usually not one of the sides commonly associated with Anastrozole/Arimidex . If it is caused by the Adex, then I'm wondering if you're experiencing some sort of allergic condition. You're not seeing any rashes or any other symptoms are you?

My first thought would be that it's the testosterone converting to DHT. Increased DHT can be problematic for guys who are genetically prone to hair loss. I guess you can rule this in/out since you stopped taking the AI. Like Flats, I'm also curious about the free test score. Any other issues?? (Thyroid, adrenals, CBC, etc.)
    It has to be the adex, as soon as I take it a day after my hair texture completly changes. It's the strangest thing, I wonder if it's bad adex? I got it from Alldaychem. I have no other issues besides that. I will be getting all BW back tomorrow and will post them.

I'm no hair dresser however, I would think that anything which effects the growth of hair, would take some time to manifest. The follicle would change, i.e. if we're talking male pattern baldness, then it begins to shut down until eventually, the root dies off and there's nothing left to anchor the strand of hair; hence it would fall out. Something such as a dietary change can also effect hair but it would take weeks or even months before the actual strands of hair felt any different. Now I'm not saying that the Adex can't be effecting the root and causing hair to fall out but, the so called "texture change" doesn't make sense. Environment could change it that rapidly. i. e. humidity changes or perhaps you changed conditioner or shampoo?. Even the water you used could make a difference. Did you do any traveling during the time in question? Anyone else following where I'm going here? It just doesn't make a lot of sense that anything which could be ingested could have that rapid of a change.

OCTOBER-2009 is offline Junior Member
    I totally agree with forrest (above). The brittle & thin hair might be caused by high levels of DHT or androgens, but arimidex ? Plus, you have only been on HRT for 7 weeks. How much Test are you taking a week?

bowers32 is offline Junior Member
    I have a very good friend that is a dermotologist and part of his business is in hair restoration... and I asked him about hair and TRT and said that YES TRT will for certain cause an increase in DHT the source of hair loss....

Quote Originally Posted by bowers32 View Post
    I have a very good friend that is a dermotologist and part of his business is in hair restoration... and I asked him about hair and TRT and said that YES TRT will for certain cause an increase in DHT the source of hair loss....

True, however that's entirely different than the Arimidex issue the OP is questioning. Plus even TRT related hair loss takes some time, not overnight changes as the OP is claiming.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Again, possibly allergy related, or as OP stated, possible bunk adex. Since you're stopping the AI, you will soon see if it was indeed the AI medicine or not. If the symptoms stop then switch out to something like Liquidex and see what that does. If the problem returns then you've identified the true culprit.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It makes perfect sense that Adex would be bad for your hair.
    1) Estrogen is good for your hair (and all feminine features, like boobs, soft skin, etc).
    2) Less estrogen conversion= more DHT, which kills your hair if you are prone.

Thread Information