SilverTest is offline Senior Member

how long till thyroid gives results??

anyone here on thyroid (thyroxine) know how long does it take for the full blown results of the therapy to appear fully ?

and why does it take that long ?

please anyone who have experience and is hypothyroid please give your feedback.

While I don't have any personal experience with Thyroxine, I did begin hypo treatment with Synthroid but then moved to Armour for the T3 inclusion without knowing the formula had changed. As a result, I had a bad reaction, like so many others to the new formula. So now I'm trying Naturthroid which used to be the same as pre-reformulated Armour but they too recent reformulated. The good news is, I'm not having the same adverse reaction as I did to the Armour. That said, I believe it can take 3 weeks to a month to fully get the benefit of most thyroid meds; i.e. you're not likely to notice any significant immediate changes.

ds53 is offline Junior Member
    I was a little sensitive to it and had to move up 12.5mcg a week until I got to 75mcgs. Sides were killing me, pounding heart, top side of my blood pressure got up to 190, didnt bother the bottom side but the pounding was tough to get used to. I stayed at 75mcgs for a month, with 3000 calories, wasnt really losing to much weight but the BMI and fat percentage changed about 3%. I dropped down to 50mcg to start tapering off and then the weight and fat started coming pretty good. Was able to work out better, headaches were gone and blood pressure came down to about 155/85. Have stayed at 50mcg for a month and starting to taper off to 25mcg as I am in week 11 or a 12 week deca /test cycle. Will taper down to 12.5mcgs while on pct to help stave off cortisol while recovering and help keep the nutrient supply going well. I raised calorie intake to 3250 -3300 after dropping to 50mcgs trying to add a little muscle toward the end of cycle. I have felt a lot better at 50mcg and lost pretty much all fat according to BMI machine, but did lose some muscle during the cutting cycle. Yes it was a bitch, was it worth it? Yes. Would I do it again? All ready making plans for the next time. You have to be careful up there at 75mcg or above, your metabolism is so high you can get a little weird as in like being a speed freak weird. Its easy to just ramble on and easy to get excited about any little thing. So step back and go cautiously and look for signs that you have reached the limit. Everyone is different and it may effect you completely different.

Thread Information