pyramid is offline Junior Member

HCG dose too high?

Went to see my new endo doc today he seemed cool, I told him about wanting to stimulate my own production while on TRT which is 100mg every 7 days. He told me to begin taking 2500iu of HCG three times weekly, am I wrong or does this seem really high. I told him I expected the dose to be lower and he said a lower dose would not be effective, what are your thoughts on this? I also had another set of labs done will have results in a week or so. Thanks...

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    seems high but i'm just bumping this for you....how r u feeling/how long on this trt?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Sure it wasn't 250iu x 3/wk? That would be more inline with a normal HRT protocol.

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    I think some doc's do i high dose to start off to stimulate.. but that even seems high...

No it was 2500iu 3 times per week, I am feeling good but during sex I have very low ejaculate volume and I have heard HCG can help with this but I do not want to over do it. The last thing I need is a set of tits.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
    No it was 2500iu 3 times per week, I am feeling good but during sex I have very low ejaculate volume and I have heard HCG can help with this but I do not want to over do it. The last thing I need is a set of tits.
    Well, I'm telling you as a experienced user that 250iu x 3/wk was suffice to reverse the testicular atrophy into the larger, productive twins that were on me in my 20's. Hell, maybe even better! I'm currently at 300iu x 2/wk and they respond nicely.

So, you can go with the protocol (or close to) that numerous members here have done with success, or go 10x that amount and see where it takes you.

Termin8r27 is offline Junior Member
    If the Dr. truly recommended 2,500iu 3 x per week, then yes, that is way too high. I find it highly unlikely that is the case though for many reasons. I mean, one full 1cc insulin syringe will only hold 1,250iu's unless you up the concentration significantly...

I currently take 250iu 3 x per week but normal does are usually 250iu 2 or 3 x per week.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    im doing 1250 2x weekly for a month every 3-4 months

Thanks for the replies, this confirms my suspicions of this dose being way too high so I have already done one dose of 2500iu on friday I will go with 500iu 2 times per week and will then drop that to 300iu twice a week this will be alot less expensive and less risky. How long does this drug usually take before you start to notice results as far as ejactulate volume and testicle size I have been on 100mg test cyp once a week for abuot 2 months now. As always thanks for the help I have learned so much since joining this board and its nice to not feel alone.

IIceMan is offline Junior Member
    My endo told me to take 2000iu every 3 days. I knew that was a bit high so I did 1000iu instead. My test went from 191 to 660 in 3 months. After my results my endo didnt say anything about bumping the dose down but I will to 500iu every 3 days and see how I do.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    wow this is becoming a more and more interesting thread....especially if warchild didnt mistype that

Termin8r27 is offline Junior Member
    Sometimes it can make sense to use a higher dose, such as those mentioned above in this thread, for very short periods of time. Other times, it can make sense to use a slightly higher dose for extended periods of time - for reasons such as HCG only 'HRT' or for fertility reasons.

I would make sure I read up on dosing if I were you guys though - there is quite a bit of research and circumstantial evidence that shows high doses of HCG at one time or for extended periods of time can seriously and permanantly damage the Leydig Cells in the Testes.

Thread Information