Anyone have experience with collecting disability due to HRT related conditions?

If so, please PM me.

Thanks.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    interesting subject.............

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Forest, why do you ask? Just curious.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't think a condition that can be treated with a superior outcome will ever be considered a "disability". It's not like being paralyzed is it.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    I don't think a condition that can be treated with a superior outcome will ever be considered a "disability". It's not like being paralyzed is it.
    well put

Thanks guys, however, I was not asking if it's possible. In some extreme advanced Low T cases it's not that simple. There are also other non-testosterone related conditions requiring HRT, which are not easily resolved. In those cases, it may take years to fully "return to normal". [If that's even possible.] Depending on your line of work, it may not be possible to perform the usual tasks necessary to support oneself while recovering and short term disability assistance may be required. If you fall into this category, you know who your are and that's who I was hoping to hear from. As always, I'm grateful for your input.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 11-10-2010 at 03:16 PM.

FT, these are just all of our collective opinions - not saying anyone is right or wrong.

To me, your above statement has a flaw. To use your words "line of work" invalidates the disability question. Disability is not based on your "line of work", but your ability to work period IMO.

And while I know as well as or almost as well as others how a hormone imbalance can effect your entire life, I would say it would be the rarest of circumstances where a severe case in a male would lead to his inability to work at something and be productive in some way. Hell we all ought to get a huge pat on our back for doing as well as we did before we started our treatment.

I know it is not the same... but I don't think I ever went through the crap most women have to go through every freakin month - now that must be a biatch!!! I know I am making a little fun of your question when i say maybe we should give all women a paid week off every month, but to my point, male hormone problems will never qualify as a disability as long as women have them every month and during menopause.

Again, not getting on you for asking, just my two cents..thanks,

flats

Hopefully, some of our other members have thoughts on this subject.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I remember working for a place that had good insurance and a bunch of people went out on insurance benefits for long periods of time. Sometimes as long as a year. They would say it was anything from work stress, phobias, to IBS. They weren't on disability, but maybe insurance would cover an absence from work. They would just see a therapist once a week and they were excused. It was like a big joke. I knew a guy who walked off the job and then submitted a cliam for work stress and got paid another 6 months.

ecsaaron is offline Associate Member
    The only disability i know of where they wont find a job you qualify for is a mental disability and that usally takes a 72 hr check in at your local nut house,then you can get 100%. Otherwise they will say you can give carts out at walmart or take tolls to put you back to work.The nut house scam is real popular around here(central Fla).If you get arrested they process you at the jail then send you to the nut house and you get realeased after seeing the doctor.Your meantal disability gets you and your minor kids a check..from my taxes! Isnt it great in america!

Thread Information