renjr70 is offline Junior Member

So now that I've started

So now that I've started my HRT my question is what is the best option to supplement a cycle with the test cyp? Once I'm set up and self administering my injections and my levels are stable whats the best steroid to compliment the HRT? Should I just consider increasing the dosage of the cyp on my own and cycling a higher dosage of cypionate for 12 weeks? My stats are 40 y/o 6'2" 195 lbs 15%BF. My goal is I'd like to add 20-30lbs. I was considering a sustanon cycle prior to starting my HRT, now I'm looking at Tren or Deca also and I'm not sure which would be best for me.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    How much cyp are you taking? and how often....guys will chime in..

Well, I've just started so how much I'm going to be taking is yet to be determined. I received a 100mg shot 3 weeks ago, my blood was tested at 2weeks to see where it brought my levels too (which i havent seen yet) and I'm seeing the Dr again next week. I'm sure he is going to up my dosage this week but like I said this is for when I'm set and my levels are stable. I really just asking what are other guys on HRT doing? Is there anything that is "more" effective or works better to compliment test cyp? or should I just treat a cycle like a cycle and Ignore the fact that I'm on HRT..... Also I guess because I'm on HRT for the rest of my life I dont really need to worry to much about PCT either?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    HRT does not require PCT....
    but...a shot 3 weeks ago?...
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 11-13-2010 at 10:23 AM.

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    I think the doc was doing a low dose to see what his level get up to and from that he's going to prescribe a maintenance dose... its a very "safe" way for a non-AA doc to do it

Yes, I received my 1st shot 3 weeks ago. I just started HRT, the dr told me at the time he starts all his patients with the first shot at 100mg to see how they react to it then does blood work at 2 weeks to see what it brought their levels up to. From there he will determine how much he will increase the dosage and frequency of shots. I am going to push him for weekly injections based on some info about cypionate half life I've read about. He made it sound like most of his patients receive bi-weekly injections.

Vettester is offline Banned
    The problem is that it takes 5 or 6 weeks to get a true idea with how the body is adapting to the protocol. Even a conservative protocol might be 75mg to 100mg/wk, then run labs after 6 weeks. Anyways, I guess his MO won't matter if you can get the weekly program that you're aiming for.

Yea, there's no PCT. As for complimenting therapies ... You will want a AI to control the E2, depending on what your E2 score currently is, and what it will take to maintain a healthy score. HCG is also a good compliment, but that is relevant to your condition (primary or secondary). Presumed your doc covered this with you after he ran the LH/FSH labs?

Have you had previous experiences with any products like Tren or Deca ?? Obviously there's a big difference between the two compounds. If not, I'd get the whole HRT thing dialed in and figured out before exploring other compounds.

No, I have no cycle experience, this will be the first one ever. I will absolutely be waiting to get all my blood work straightened out before delving into other compounds but I'm a little confused about what direction I should be looking now that I've started an HRT regimen. I actually came to this site to learn about how to cycle, found out about HRT and got my blood work done. Sure enough my test came back low 202 , came back as 236 on the second blood work and away I went on Test Cyp treatments. Now I have no problem waiting a couple months to get my HRT leveled out but I'd like to figure out what direction I'm gonna go. Just looking for some guidance on what would be a good choice for me. I'm still kind of thinking Sustanon may be good choice for me but Tren sounds pretty good too after reading about it.
    Yes I spoke with my Dr. briefly about gyno and other side effects, he basically said this is why we start with small doses and see how your body reacts. I have a feeling I'll be getting a lot of blood work done over the next couple months, which is fine, I will post all my levels as I get them. Vetteman, if you would'nt mind would you shoot me an email?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    deca and test make a lovely combo...way better than high dose of test..imho

ahh, thats what I'm looking for. I dont know to much about Deca , I will start reading up on it. Anyone else care to chime in here, what else is a good combo to go with the test?

Quote Originally Posted by renjr70 View Post
    ahh, thats what I'm looking for. I dont know to much about Deca, I will start reading up on it. Anyone else care to chime in here, what else is a good combo to go with the test?
    Look no further...least side effects and most rewarding...know to help with joint relief...i took a small dose when if first started trt and got great strength gains as well as rotator cuff relief

there's alot of water retention with Deca though isn't there?1`

there's alot of water retention with Deca though isn't there?1`
    i ran arimidex and moderate cardio whilst on the two compounds and suffered none...have you ever used either?

No, this would be my first cycle ever. I have no experience with steroids .

So I've been reading all day about Deca , Is it a bad idea for someone with already low T symptoms (202) to mess with deca seeing as it's so suppressive? My natural Test is already very low, I'm a little afraid that the deca will do some damage and shut me down completely. Any experience here? Should I just run 20mg of Nolva ED with the Deca? I was also reading about using EQ in combo with Test, would this be a better option?

Karo is offline Associate Member
    If you're going to be on 200mgs/week of test cyp your natural test production is going to be shut down anyway so adding the Deca won't matter much because you're going to be shut down from the Test cyp already. I use a small dose of Deca for my aching joints and it seems to work well. Its not going to put a lot of weight on you, it's good for gaining strength and lubricates your joints well. It may make you retain some water (in high doses) but no more than test does.
    If you've never cycled before you should get good results from 500mgs/week of test cyp or even test prop (my personal favorite) assuming that your diet and training are in check. You really don't need more than test for your first cycle. You have virgin receptors and will most likely have good results from a simple 12 week cycle of 500mgs/week of test. I'd suggest waiting till your 3rd or 4th cycle before you add another compound and I wouldn't use Tren till you've been running cycles for 2-3 years as Tren is a serious drug. It produces significant gains but also has some of the most androgenic side effects of any AAS.
    I've found GH to be a great addition to a Test cycle. I ran 600mgs of test prop and 8ius of gh 3x week post-workout for about 4 months. I've never felt better than I did during that cycle both physically and mentally. Got some good gains from it also.

You still need to run the nolva or another AI with that much test to avoid gyno though correct? What did u use and how much? ED for an AI or Every week, ot maybe just on injection days?

Vettester is offline Banned
    OP, stick to your new TRT regiment and get it figured out first. You don't need any deca , tren , or anything else at this point! You need to see how your body is going to react with just one compound, and how to manage the sides (if any) properly. BTW, Nolva isn't a AI, it's a SERM. Also, your endogenous production is already suppressed and it will continue to drop with the addition of exogenous test. You're not on TRT to try and salvage your natural production, so understand that going into it. Understand that you need to crawl before you walk, and walk before you run. No need to get too far ahead of yourself right now.

Also, I asked in my previous post about your condition, primary or secondary ... Did your doctor cover your LH/FSH and review your condition with you?

I don't really know what you mean by a Primary or Secondary condition? I'm not trying to get ahead of myself, I've been in and out of the gym for 20 years and never used steroids so I have no intention of putting these compounds into me without fully understanding them. I'm just trying to learn right now. I came to this forum to learn how to cycle and found out about HRT on the way. I would definitely wait at least a couple of months on HRT to level out before delving into anything else. There is just so much information available I'm trying to read whats relevant to me and my goals. My Doctor has not discussed my LH/FSH with me yet. I've really only had one appointment with him and then a followup 2 weeks later for more bloodwork which I'm sure we will discuss this week when I return to his office. I really appreciate all the input and help, I have learned a TON in a very short time here, it has been tremendously helpful. Thanks

I don't really know what you mean by a Primary or Secondary condition? I'm not trying to get ahead of myself, I've been in and out of the gym for 20 years and never used steroids so I have no intention of putting these compounds into me without fully understanding them. I'm just trying to learn right now. I came to this forum to learn how to cycle and found out about HRT on the way. I would definitely wait at least a couple of months on HRT to level out before delving into anything else. There is just so much information available I'm trying to read whats relevant to me and my goals. My Doctor has not discussed my LH/FSH with me yet. I've really only had one appointment with him and then a followup 2 weeks later for more bloodwork which I'm sure we will discuss this week when I return to his office. I really appreciate all the input and help, I have learned a TON in a very short time here, it has been tremendously helpful. Thanks
    youre welcome...you will learn a lot here from hands on experiences with all our trt protocols, side effects, dealings with doctors, etc....

look forward to hearing of yours

Thread Information