arizona32 is offline Junior Member

Does body acne clear up over time?

I have been on TRT for almost a year and have had quite a bit of acne on back shoulders and arms. My doc said "it will clear up, that it's like going through puberty again." Originally I was at 200/wk, then he moved me to 160/wk. The lower dosage actually seems to be worse for acne. Nizoral seems to help a little, but nothing else has worked and I don't want to use accutane. Of course the acne is unsightly and embarrassing.
    I'm hoping there are others out there whose acne cleared up eventually without drastic measures. Anyone? How long did it finally take to clear up?
    Thanks

Vettester is offline Banned
    I went through this in the beginning stages. In my case, it made significant improvements once I found some balance with the whole program, including test, E2, improvement of free T with lowered SHBG, progesterone, DHEA, etc.

Check your BW on a regular basis and look for the areas that need a little tweaking. Finding an optimal zone for your testosterone is one big variable, but check how that correlates with your E2, which might require some minor adjustments with a AI. Back filling hormonal pathways with compounds like pregnenolone and DHEA will also help the function and processing of other hormones downstream from cortisol, DHT, test, progest, ... The list goes on.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I started noticing I'm getting a little bit of acne here lately. Never really had bad acne, not even as a teen.

Vetteman, If I go to Kabul, I may contact you. I'll have to out of pocket everything over there, but should have access to most everything. My rule, no pinninng in the house, becomes moot, so no issues there.

I'll probably start a low dose HGH once I track down a legit supply. I'm hearing whispers I can get at a pharm in Dubai. Plus I'll probably want to drill down on a complete blood panel and get that dialed in also. Hopefully, I'll know on a go/no-go basis about Kabul here real soon....

subnet is offline Associate Member
    arizona, I'm in the same boat as you. Been on TRT for just over a year, and while my acne is better, it's still not at an acceptable level to me. Things I've found that help are dawn dishwashing liquid (really cleans up the oil) on the shoulders/chest, getting some sun, and using 10% benzoyl peroxide cleaner/lotion on my face. Vette has great points on back-filling of pathways but of course everyone is different. I've tried DHEA 2 separate times and in both instances, I've experienced much more acne and noticeable high E2 symptoms (hot flashes, bloating, puffy nipples). Again, that was me. I've found that the lower my E2 is (relatively speaking), the better my skin is in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I started noticing I'm getting a little bit of acne here lately. Never really had bad acne, not even as a teen.

Vetteman, If I go to Kabul, I may contact you. I'll have to out of pocket everything over there, but should have access to most everything. My rule, no pinninng in the house, becomes moot, so no issues there.

I'll probably start a low dose HGH once I track down a legit supply. I'm hearing whispers I can get at a pharm in Dubai. Plus I'll probably want to drill down on a complete blood panel and get that dialed in also. Hopefully, I'll know on a go/no-go basis about Kabul here real soon....
    They don't have a Dubai-Kaiser over there?? LOL. Good luck if you go. I saw your post about the job, and it sounds like you can make a ton of $$$ in a short time. Contact me anytime! OP, sorry for the hijack!

Has anyone cleared up as time went on (a year or more), or do you have to find a remedy?

Billysale2000 is offline New Member
    I had never had acne but when i started cycling I got it terribly, 46 years old and I couldnt take my shirt off around people I had so mych acne, finally I had a body I was pleased with and now I was embarressed by my skin, talk about pissed off.

Tried everything to clear it up, 5itamin B in huge doses, doxycycline, other antibotics, skin washes, tanning, nothing worked or it would work for a while then come back with a vengence.

I finally tried accutane, got the liquid form, went through 2 x 60ml bottles, 20mg a ml, 2mls a day until it cleared up then kept on 1ml a day until i finished the 2nd bottle, that was a year ago now and my skin is very clear. I got all the sides you hear about, the dry nose and nose bleeds, the dry cracked lips and very dry skin.

BUT the stuff works, I swear by accutane, if it ever came back again I would cycle the accutane again in a heart beat, I have 2 bottles sitting in my cupboard now just in case. Its not for everyone but it worked for me.

cherrydrpepper is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I know how you feel. The acne thing you really have to stay on top of. I would shower at least twice a day and wash your bed sheets as often as possible. You will notice an improvement just by doing that. Also if you are one to pick at the scabs like me I find keeping antibiotic ointment on my desk is great. When I have the urge I instead dab a little cream on. Accutane is a wondrous thing, but know what you are getting into. I don't know what percentage of people have the serious side effects, but they are very serious. I tried accutane but have no way to know if my stuff was good; I didn't get dry skin off my supply. My skin cleared up but then again ive been off for months.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Like other here, i do know what you are going through. I sufferd quite bad on my chest, and back of shoulders. After pct and back to natty, i was tanning alot and hitting the beach.

The salt water did miracles for my acne, and for the complexion for my skin. IMO even if i did not do these things, i reckon i would of recovered good with the acne gone. I was on 400mg test.

The choices you have.

1. Beach (salt water)
    2. Tanning
    3. Accutane
    4. Also try platinum labz, i used this product while cycling did help. http://www.platinumlabz.com/servlet/Detail?no=2

Quote Originally Posted by arizona32 View Post
    Has anyone cleared up as time went on (a year or more), or do you have to find a remedy?
    Read post #2 and you'll see that answered this

This pretty much goes along with what Vetteman said, i.e. keeping E2 in check. Personally I've found that taking an AI more regularly helped me. I'd backed off for a while because I thought I'd overshot the mark; turns out it was a bad reaction to some new thyroid meds. My breakouts started to clear within a couple days of taking .5mg of Anastorzle every 3.5 days [every time I pinned]. I can also notice if I go too long without taking it, I start to break out again; then I take it, and within a day, it begins to clear up.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I cleared up. I think it was a combination of my body adjusting to the test and I also started showering right after I worked out and used a back brush. Wearing loose cotton shirts in the gym helped too.

I'm open to advice about the AI or other medications, here are my stats:
    34 yrs old, 6'3", 205 lbs., 12% BF
    160mg/wk Test cyp. each Friday, HCG 250 iu wed and thur.
    BW
    Total test: 646 (250-800)
    Free test:239
    Estradiol sensitive: 20
    SHBG: 16.4
    So my E2 isn't high, so I don't see how an AI would help. I think the acne may be DHT related since I've also increased oily skin, yellow armpits (from the excess oil), and more body hair. I was already quite bald, so the TRT hasn't affected that.
    Let me know what you guys think, I'd like to hear your feedback.

When I was tested last, my E2 was in the low 20's as well, which is why I thought I had overshot the mark, because I'd come down from 167 in only 6 weeks. So even at low 20's, taking Arimidex helped clear up my skin and I have not had any bad side effects yet. In fact, my *ahem* "morning wood" and random unexpected erections has gone up quite a bit. But if you're already in the Low 20's and don't already have an AI script, I think you're out of luck.

zebra is offline New Member
    Couple of things to try with acne:

Retin A cream is excellent for hormonal acne. (Go down to Nogales and get some, or order it from an indian pharmacy, prescription stuff is way overpriced.) It does take several weeks, but it works on almost everyone who sticks with it.
    Clean..like someone said earlier.
    The salt water is excellent, but if you are in Arizona, may not be an option. Instead, keep a pitcher by your shower and after you shower, douse yourself with water with about 1/4 cup vinegar in it. It restores the natural "acid mantle" of the skin. Most soaps are alkaline. A lot of the water in the desert is slightly alkaline, too. This acid mantle keeps the healthy bacteria happy, so the nasty ones stay in check.

When I was tested last, my E2 was in the low 20's as well, which is why I thought I had overshot the mark, because I'd come down from 167 in only 6 weeks. So even at low 20's, taking Arimidex helped clear up my skin and I have not had any bad side effects yet. In fact, my *ahem* "morning wood" and random unexpected erections has gone up quite a bit. But if you're already in the Low 20's and don't already have an AI script, I think you're out of luck.
    what dosage/schedule do you use for the arimidex ?

.5mg twice a week when I pin, which is every 3.5 days, on Tues morn and Fri evenings.

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    Mine actually was fine for the first 6 months and then this summer it went crazy.. and just now its started to go back to the way it was before which was little to no acne at all.. altogether it took about a year

Thread Information