VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries

New member 6 weks in

I am 56 years old 5'11 230 goals to have enough energy to get back in shape and improve my lean body mass.

I had my doc check my T level last May it was 180 he put me on Testim one tube a day the first week I felt great lots of energy and slept good. Afer that I flatline and was very tired could hardly get out of bed. this last bed a couple of weeks went back he doubled the dose did this through aug. felt noth ing had blood work done T only was 130.( should tell the doc is clueless but will pretty much do what I suggest to him) By now I had found thr is site. So had done some reserch. I ask him what about shots he said yep and proscribed T cyp.
    200 U/week. He did not do any other blood work. I did this for 6 weeks and about the 4th started feeling better energy rises and lots of wood and desire. could not seem to get enought energy to start working out I gave him the complete blood work pannel suggested on this site and he ordered it. I do not have everthing in front of me but all look good thryod etc. T was 1280 Which he said was way to high and cut my shoots back to once ever two weeks which I think will be to low and to far between but I have plenty of Testim to supplement with. Estrogen was 205 at first he said this was in range when ben I question him he said well a little hirgh but it will come down when we lower the T. I ask him about the ratio of T/E and about estrogen blockers he said there was not such thing. I anastrozole he said that was only for women and I would have to see the endo. His PA then suggest they call the best pharmancy in vegas who confirmed I was right. They perscribed 1mg/day. which from what I am reading seems to high. So I bought a pill spliter and plan on .5/day or ever other day will wait for some feed back here.. Also perscribed pins so I can stars t shooting myslelf. Up to now i am going into the office. So that it so far. I plan to start crossfit training next week so I can burn fat and build some lean muscel back. Still pretty athletic looking but have long long way to go.

Any feed back would be welcome.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome....the guys will chime in!

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    205 Estrogen is super high, and is probably why you still feel like shit. You need to get on an anti-E ASAP and get that under control. May want to reduce your T injection doses as well until you can get your E stabilized (probably in the 30-50 range).

Are you carrying a lot of fat on your body? Signs of gyno?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Is the Estrogen panel actually the E2-Estradiol, or another estro panel? IMO, you don't need to take anymore than 2mg of Anastrozole per week. Seen a lot of guys get sick and adverse reactions with anything higher. You will be surprised how fast it will come down if you just did 0.5mg eod, or 0.75 at most. Definitely run labs again within 6 weeks and see where it puts you. Adjust your dosage accordingly.

BTW, the 2 week cyp solution by your doc is a joke. The solution is to maybe cut back your weekly dosage to 150mg or a little lower if needed. If the doc knew any better he would still keep your blood levels stable throughout your protocol.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reply. I will go with the .5 eod.I should have suggested 150 a week baut was more concern with geteing ths\e anastrozole script. What to you think of my using Testim one tube a day for the second week I have a two year supply if I did that. will check blood again in 6 weeks. May usee an outside lab before having it go to doc. Should state I have great insurance both the T and A are 100% covered. Also I am on lots of BP meds. beta blocker, CC blocker, Alpha blocker water pill. Trilipex. my Bp befor meds was 180 ove 120. With meds before T was 134/80 Keept close eye on iwhen starting injections first two weeks it was up to 140.145 /85,190 last 4 weeks it has come down to 120,130/70,75
    so all is good there. I have lost 30 pounds in the last 3 months diet not excesice. carry most fat in gut.
    No sigh of gyno. It is great having a doc who will get me what I ask for but Ineed to know what to askf for

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    if you have the t you dont need to ask if you can inject once a week - just do it. I am not sure that I would stay on .5 eod for more than 2 weeks - you may think about cutting that down to ed3 or 4 after that until you get your bw done.

congrats on the weight loss - get that E2 under control and you should feel much better.

vette brings up a good point though on the panel results if they are E2 or total estrogen?

what ins do you have?

Blog Entries
    Insurance is Teachers 100% for all geneatics. do not have any extra to inject. Lots of Testim cream so that is what I was asking. Was more than likely total Estrogen top of range was 120 I think from Quest.
    Is there a problem of having Total T between 1200 and 1500 If this is for long term HRT. After .5 dose I fell a difference.

Blog Entries
    PINed self for thel first time today. All went well hurt less than the doc doing it. had a problem getting stuff in the pin. Bent the first one. Then I discovered that I had the pin to far in the vial. now I will be one pin short. He only perscribe two at time so I will have to get one a shoot at tie office. will see if Pharm will call for and extra refill. second does of AI today. I have first free work out an eval at crossfit gym tommorow.

Alloy is offline Junior Member
    Vetteman is correct, ease up on the Anastrazole. You are very fortunate to have a doctor who will write you a script for an AI. Most doctors would rather pick up a shovel and dig you a grave than give you a script for it. Anastrazole has a verified terminal half life of 48.6 hours so E3D would be a safe bet. Also remember that Aromatase is produced by Adipose cells (fat cells) so the more fat on your body, the more Aromatase is in your blood. Anastrazole hits your blood within 1 hour and works very quickly to get E2 levels down. Now here's the trick, if you're carrying a high BF% your E2 level will bounce back pretty quickly. Like the others stated above, start out with E3D at .5mg and get your blood tested.

If your E2 tested at 205, I would focus on getting that down first and getting to the gym to trim up a little. As your fat levels come down, so will your E2. The key here is to keep your blood plasma levels consistent so that E2 doesn't have a chance to rebound. A funny test which will indicate your sweet spot is the "morning wood" test. While taking your AI, if you start to notice "morning wood" well you're in a good spot. If one day the wood stops and you start feeling like shit, you've taken too much.

Get that E2 down and you'll be surprised how much the other numbers come up to normal levels.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRenegade View Post
    PINed self for thel first time today. All went well hurt less than the doc doing it. had a problem getting stuff in the pin. Bent the first one. Then I discovered that I had the pin to far in the vial. now I will be one pin short. He only perscribe two at time so I will have to get one a shoot at tie office. will see if Pharm will call for and extra refill. second does of AI today. I have first free work out an eval at crossfit gym tommorow.
    ok how much test do you have? you can go online and buy extra syringes and needles cheap, then you can pin every week.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    ok how much test do you have? you can go online and buy extra syringes and needles cheap, then you can pin every week.
    Found the Pins online but no extra T so out of luck there. may have to live with it for the next month then get blood work done after two weeks. That should be low enough for him to give me weekly dose of at least 150

how much t do you have? I never said anything about extra, Vegas. Just take the amount your doc says to inject every two weeks and split it.

Blog Entries
    oh I have to learn to read better that is a good idea. I will have to get better at get all the T out of the vial those one use viles suck. I get 200 for EOW so would only be 100/week. But I will be able to get that up to at least 15o or so after next blood work.

Thanks for sticking with me I am a bit dinse.

Thread Information