subnet is offline Associate Member

One reason for Cypionate over Enanthate...

for insurance/retail people anyways - you get twice the amount!

I've been on TRT with Test Enanthate since a year ago October (15 or so months). Since this is Dr. prescribed and filled via insurance and prescription, it's been Watson brand which is 200mg/ml and comes in a 5ml bottle.

So, I ask my Dr. just today if I could try Cypionate , and just as I thought, when I pick it up from Walgreens, it's a 10ml bottle, and still with a concentration of 200mg/ml.

So all this time, I've been using basically the same 'stuff', but receiving half of it (5ml bottle instead of 10ml). I wish I would have asked my Dr. sooner and were able to stretch this out (or hoard more ). Of course, this is probably my last bottle through insurance so too late for me... Just one reason to try Cyp over Ehanth if you're running via insurance! If you're going through an AA clinic and their own compound pharmacy, you're outta luck.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    watson is a good pharm but i'd hate to lose half my product

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Both esters come in different vials sizes. Most pharmacies have 1ml and 10ml vials in various concentrations (100 or 200mg/ml). From my experience, insurance charges the same regardless of the vial size or concentration, so I always call the pharmacies to see what options they have, and then have my Dr. write a specific script for that. My Test E comes from a compounding pharmacy in 10ml vials at 300mg/ml.

Quote Originally Posted by frawnz View Post
    Both esters come in different vials sizes. Most pharmacies have 1ml and 10ml vials in various concentrations (100 or 200mg/ml). From my experience, insurance charges the same regardless of the vial size or concentration, so I always call the pharmacies to see what options they have, and then have my Dr. write a specific script for that. My Test E comes from a compounding pharmacy in 10ml vials at 300mg/ml.
    prob only place you'll find a dose at 300mg/ml is a compound pharm

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    prob only place you'll find a dose at 300mg/ml is a compound pharm
    Quite possibly. You can get 200mg/ml of both Test C and E at major pharmacies like CVS tho.

Quote Originally Posted by frawnz View Post
    actually Watson brand comes in only 5ml for Enanth and 10ml for Cyp (confirmed from their web site) and that's all I have ever received. I know there are others, but at Walgreens and HEB, it's been Watson. As for your 300mg/ml, like jpk says, it's only from compounding pharmacies. That being said, I wished I asked for Cyp a long time ago, but my Dr. is Europe-trained and has always prescribed Enanth.

Triple Stack is offline Associate Member
    I just picked up my first precription of test at Walgreens and I guess I got the luck of the draw. Watson Test Cyp 10ml, cool.

Doc directed 1ml every three weeks BUT gave me a prescription stating 4 refills by June. So that works out to ALOT more, and I plan to pick up all my vials by June! Besides, 200mg every three weeks is no way enough! I'm figuring I'll taper down before meeting with him again in three months...

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Stack View Post
    I just picked up my first precription of test at Walgreens and I guess I got the luck of the draw. Watson Test Cyp 10ml, cool.

Doc directed 1ml every three weeks BUT gave me a prescription stating 4 refills by June. So that works out to ALOT more, and I plan to pick up all my vials by June! Besides, 200mg every three weeks is no way enough! I'm figuring I'll taper down before meeting with him again in three months...
    mine has ALWAYS been written/worded exactly that way...have had only very few problems picking up a 10ml vial every month (usually a nosey pharmacist doing the simple math cuz their bored...wonder why...such an exhilerating job)(when i did have problems they lost my business)..i've seen less trouble when you use the automated systems available...seems as if you dont have to say TESTOSTERONE outloud it helps avoid nosiness

mine has ALWAYS been written/worded exactly that way...have had only very few problems picking up a 10ml vial every month (usually a nosey pharmacist doing the simple math cuz their bored...wonder why...such an exhilerating job)(when i did have problems they lost my business)..i've seen less trouble when you use the automated systems available...seems as if you dont have to say TESTOSTERONE outloud it helps avoid nosiness
    ^^ x2.

Use their online refill option where they mail the script to you and you shouldn't run into any problems.

Walgreens will mail it to me? TELL ME MORE!

Funny, they're only right up the street from me...but to avoid problems like you say I'm up for the mail order. Besides, the whole experience of me getting my test made me feel like a junkie. I had to jump through a lot of hoops. The ridiculous thing is that they had no problem filling my son's adderall medicine for me, which being an amphetamine all the hop-heads abuse.

Walgreens will mail it to me? TELL ME MORE!

Funny, they're only right up the street from me...but to avoid problems like you say I'm up for the mail order. Besides, the whole experience of me getting my test made me feel like a junkie. I had to jump through a lot of hoops. The ridiculous thing is that they had no problem filling my son's adderall medicine for me, which being an amphetamine all the hop-heads abuse.
    adderall and/or anti d's are the big pharmacy's and healthcare systems crack bro! they push these meds all the time...

although i meant phoning in your refills (usually 28-30 days apart...i'd stick with 30 in this case with their automated phone system) frawnz is mentioning another option...i'd be CAREFUL with that....as some may want you to do a 90 day fill for mail order and that could very well get you ONLY ONE 10ML vial as they WILL MOST LIKELY DO THE MATH in that regards...if my memory serves me correct..this happened to me 3 or 4 years ago, albeit was through my company's OWN pharmacy but just LOOKIN OUT

Sounds like a plan, thanks for the clarification.

Sounds like a plan, thanks for the clarification.
    anytime bro...keep us posted

adderall and/or anti d's are the big pharmacy's and healthcare systems crack bro! they push these meds all the time...

although i meant phoning in your refills (usually 28-30 days apart...i'd stick with 30 in this case with their automated phone system) frawnz is mentioning another option...i'd be CAREFUL with that....as some may want you to do a 90 day fill for mail order and that could very well get you ONLY ONE 10ML vial as they WILL MOST LIKELY DO THE MATH in that regards...if my memory serves me correct..this happened to me 3 or 4 years ago, albeit was through my company's OWN pharmacy but just LOOKIN OUT
    It's not really mail order scripts in the sense of what your insurance would describe it to be. It's just refilling your current script and they mail it to you instead of having to go pick it up. I've been able to do it every month without any issues.

i'd be CAREFUL with that....as some may want you to do a 90 day fill for mail order and that could very well get you ONLY ONE 10ML vial as they WILL MOST LIKELY DO THE MATH in that regards...if my memory serves me correct..this happened to me 3 or 4 years ago, albeit was through my company's OWN pharmacy but just LOOKIN OUT
    absolutely jpk! I know franz wasn't mentioning this particular option, I almost went this route until I did my own math and realized that I would pay a lot more for basically the same amount.

I guess I started this thread because my Dr. was always prescribing me Enanthate which (he had no clue) came in 5ml bottles vs Cyp which comes in 10ml. It's the insurance company that only processes one 'script' and (if you're lucky enough) bottle per month. Anyways, I wished I would have asked for Cyp about a year ago...

Funny that this last time, when I went to pick it up (new city in a different state) I had to have a quick talk with the Pharmacist. She said is it you that is taking it... 'yes'; do you inject yourself?.... 'yes'; it's a really high amount - pause... and I just stood there; then she gave me the package and out I walked. I am on a huge, massive 130mg/week! OMG - with that dosage, watch out Ronnie Coleman

Quote Originally Posted by subnet View Post
    absolutely jpk! I know franz wasn't mentioning this particular option, I almost went this route until I did my own math and realized that I would pay a lot more for basically the same amount.

I guess I started this thread because my Dr. was always prescribing me Enanthate which (he had no clue) came in 5ml bottles vs Cyp which comes in 10ml. It's the insurance company that only processes one 'script' and (if you're lucky enough) bottle per month. Anyways, I wished I would have asked for Cyp about a year ago...

Funny that this last time, when I went to pick it up (new city in a different state) I had to have a quick talk with the Pharmacist. She said is it you that is taking it... 'yes'; do you inject yourself?.... 'yes'; it's a really high amount - pause... and I just stood there; then she gave me the package and out I walked. I am on a huge, massive 130mg/week! OMG - with that dosage, watch out Ronnie Coleman
    yeh...i hate when they talk too much...they should finish their schooling then they can go write scripts themselves...sounds almost breach of hipa or something...all they should be able to say is "any questions?" fvcking douche

Thread Information