Thread: New to TRT ???

Mr Bill is offline Junior Member

New to TRT ???

Starterd out with the family Doc with all the symtoms of low T and was sent to Endo. Endo did all the lab work and said I had low T in the 200's and Hypothyroidism but he wanted to get my thyroid in oder with Synthroid before starting TRT. The Thyroid results came back normal at the 6 week labs and I still had all the symtoms. I was then started on 4 pumps (5g) of Androgel in the AM. About a week in my libido came back and I started feeling a little bit better. 4 weeks in started feeling like I did before the Androgel. 6 weeks in libido was worse than when I started. When my 6 week labs came in my T numbers had decreased and the Endo doubled the dose of Androgel and now I am in 2 weeks with no change in the way I feel.

Have any of you had this issue with Androgel?
    Is it possible I am not absorbing the T?
    When you guys were getting dialed in how often did you go for labs?

Thanks for any info I am 44 and I have been dealing with this for over 2 years

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome. The guys will chime in soon!

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    I was prescribed a compounded cream, which I think would be similar. Same story... started out great but didn't last, then I was put on sub-lingual tabs and it went the same way. Now I am self injecting and things are much much better. I am working getting the dose right, I might actually back off the dose a bit. I would suggest talking to your doc about going to injections. There is no way I would go back to creams or tabs again. Good luck

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    same old song dif verse......

Your great endo gave you just enough to shut you down completely and take you lower than when you started - happens everytime - i swear these idiots need an ass whippen.

Yes demand he switch you to injections or get another doc - some bro's here have had luck with creams and gels - but they are few and far between...

Bloodwork about week 5 or 6, then every 12 weeks for the first 6 months and then once or twice a year after you have settled in is what I did.

Do you have any lab results you can post?

I feel for ya bro - good luck!

Flats

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    Same with me on Testim. I got so I could not even get out of bed after a great first week. Doubled the dose got worse. No on T cyp IM and feel much better. Be sure they check your E2 and look at an AI as well. This board is full of great info.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I agree with above comments that you will be much happier on injections. Hopefully your doc is open to that. If not, you should be able to find someone that is. I think any KNOWLEDGEABLE doctor will be be OK with injections.

I started TRT (Test Cyp injections) a week ago, and will be posting what happens. My fingers are crossed for higher energy levels and libido boost. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    same old song dif verse......

Your great endo gave you just enough to shut you down completely and take you lower than when you started - happens everytime - i swear these idiots need an ass whippen.

Yes demand he switch you to injections or get another doc - some bro's here have had luck with creams and gels - but they are few and far between...

Bloodwork about week 5 or 6, then every 12 weeks for the first 6 months and then once or twice a year after you have settled in is what I did.

Do you have any lab results you can post?

I feel for ya bro - good luck!

Flats
    I don't have the lab results but will be requesting copys. I have learned a little from reading through post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
    I was prescribed a compounded cream, which I think would be similar. Same story... started out great but didn't last, then I was put on sub-lingual tabs and it went the same way. Now I am self injecting and things are much much better. I am working getting the dose right, I might actually back off the dose a bit. I would suggest talking to your doc about going to injections. There is no way I would go back to creams or tabs again. Good luck
    I think I am headed down the same road. I will be getting labs in three weeks and if things are not better I will be having a talk with the Endo

Endo is sending me for lab work in the A.M. He said I might be one of the few that don't absorb the gel. If my labs come back low he wants to switch me over to injectable Testosterone . What would be a recomended starting dose at this point?

Thread Information