Thumbs up Update- Finally making *real* progress! TRT is a *true* life saver!

I've been laying low on the site the past month or so because I've been focusing primarily on my weight loss program. The key for me is it had to be something I could live with and maintain for the rest of my life, otherwise it was pointless because I'm done with living on a roller-coaster.

So... I finally felt good enough to join a gym back in Sep and came up with a diet plan I could live with. I set a personal goal of loosing 2 lbs. a week with a target weight of 180 lbs. For me that meant I needed to loose nearly *225 lbs.* ...Well I've since lost *31 lbs.* and I finally feel like I can say something about it.

A huge key was a combo of the T, just so I could feel well enough to begin exercising again, and dialing in my thyroid meds. The natural thyroid med vs. the synthetic stuff and right dosage made all the difference.

I wish I could say I'm back to 100%, but I'm still dealing with a number of related issues. I still have bad days, and I've still got a LONG way to go, but I really feel like I'm on my way and on a program I can live with, which is most important.

For anyone suffering from Hypothyroidism and or Low T - DON'T GIVE UP! Keep up the work, do your research, listen to the brilliant people on this site and it will happen. I'm living proof! Before I began the recovery process, I had literally given up and was waiting to die; I finally feel like I has something worth living for again. I've been blessed with a second chance and I'm taking it! If you're on the fence about TRT, DO IT! You wont regret it! Don't miss your second chance!

Big thanks to all you awesome people on this site for the tremendous help and support! I truly could not have done it without you!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    HAPPY for you FORRESTandTREES!!! Great news to hear this improvement. I was wondering where you were and just today was thinking about PMing you to see what happened. Glad to have you back!

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    good to hear forrest

life is so enjoyable when we work hard and live in moderation

will be here for your future posts and rootin for you the whole way

MC!

jpk

lifeforce0019 is offline Associate Member
    Congrats forrest and keep up the great work! You are an inspiration to us all!

streeter is offline Associate Member
    great job keep it up your story is close to mine. I was once 260 pounds all fat no muscle. I started eating right and going to the gym first time at the gym all I could do was 15 minutes on the elliptical machine at level 1 I burned 300 calories in 15 minutes a year later I was 170 pounds. I then started TRT and have gone back up to 192 all muscle I was in 32 pants at 170 and am still in 32 pants at 192. I feel great now and people look at me so much differently. You can do it. If you ever need to vent or want some tips P.M me I will try to help and share my experience with you as well. I am 46 years old and when I was 260 pounds I was sleeping with a cpap machine and had high blood pressure and cholestoral. Those days are gone. I can sleep on my stomach again and take no meds for blood pressure or cholestorol now. Don't get discouraged when you hit plateaus you will break through hem it just takes time and consistency. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    good to hear forrest

life is so enjoyable when we work hard and live in moderation

will be here for your future posts and rootin for you the whole way

MC!

jpk
    What is this "moderation" you speak of? JK

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Big congrats! 31 pounds is a big deal. I once lost 75 pounds and remember the first 30 being the hardest. I hope it gets easier as you keep feeling the benefits. I hope you give us more updates.

PPC
    PPC is offline Super Knowledgeable ~ Female Member
    Awesome! You go!

Termin8r27 is offline Junior Member
    Wow, that is awesome! When we're down in the ditch it's definitely tough to see anything else, but you are keeping at it and it's paying off!

Keep it up and keep your head up!

Quote Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
    What is this "moderation" you speak of? JK
    just everything...food, beer, etc...

i too battled with weight and thought since my TRT that i couldnt gain weight because it really helped me shed the weight in the beginning and i kept it off and stayed lean for 2-3 years but about a year ago put on a good amount back by over indulging and exercising very little...its easy to put on if you stray and let it go...u got to keep on your toes in life...i turned it around just 3 months ago and have it in grasp again and focused...

glad to see these good stories

Quote Originally Posted by streeter View Post
    great job keep it up your story is close to mine. I was once 260 pounds all fat no muscle. I started eating right and going to the gym first time at the gym all I could do was 15 minutes on the elliptical machine at level 1 I burned 300 calories in 15 minutes a year later I was 170 pounds. I then started TRT and have gone back up to 192 all muscle I was in 32 pants at 170 and am still in 32 pants at 192. I feel great now and people look at me so much differently. You can do it. If you ever need to vent or want some tips P.M me I will try to help and share my experience with you as well. I am 46 years old and when I was 260 pounds I was sleeping with a cpap machine and had high blood pressure and cholestoral. Those days are gone. I can sleep on my stomach again and take no meds for blood pressure or cholestorol now. Don't get discouraged when you hit plateaus you will break through hem it just takes time and consistency. good luck
    good story street

just everything...food, beer, etc...

i too battled with weight and thought since my TRT that i couldnt gain weight because it really helped me shed the weight in the beginning and i kept it off and stayed lean for 2-3 years but about a year ago put on a good amount back by over indulging and exercising very little...its easy to put on if you stray and let it go...u got to keep on your toes in life...i turned it around just 3 months ago and have it in grasp again and focused...

glad to see these good stories
    That was just kind of a tongue in cheek comment as I have had trouble with moderation most of my life and what I have been working for the last few years.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great to hear stories like this! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
    That was just kind of a tongue in cheek comment as I have had trouble with moderation most of my life and what I have been working for the last few years.
    me and my literal mind i think i'll go shoot myself...its wednesday anyway

me and my literal mind i think i'll go shoot myself...its wednesday anyway
    Don't worry about it. Your absolutely right about moderation, if you master it, you can avoid so many problems. I love these good stories, they remind you that when all seems lost a few simple changes things can turn around in a relatively short period of time.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    FT, glad you are on track - great job and keep it up!!

Flats

BillyBob210 is offline Junior Member
    Forrest - Good for you Bro..keep up the good work. Dropping 60 lbs of lard and adding ten pounds of LB over the past 18 months has turned my life around. Diet sux but it is the key. Lifting hard and lots of sleep are also the deciding factors. I was on BP meds and Anti-D's, all I take now is test and some AI occasionaly and feeling great. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Way to go.

Merry Christmas to all!

Hey, thanks so much guys. I have to say that it was hugely frustrating for me for many years because poor diet and over eating were never a problem for me. Prior to everything going to S#!T, I was *very* active. I mountain biked 3 days a week and covered 55 miles and 4000 feet of elevation total. I had a 34 inch waist and 54 inch chest with 26 inch thighs and 20 inch calves. I weighed 190 lbs and was even a vegetarian, yet in my late 20's, my body turned on me and I began to gain weight regardless of diet or exercise. I spent time in the gym, in the winter I skied 2-3 weekends a month [6 hours a day on the slopes] and *nothing* helped. It was pretty aggravating as it just got worse and worse until I couldn't do *any* exercise anymore; and then my weight skyrocketed and as I mentioned, I gained nearly 250 lbs. That's why it was so necessary for me to figure out what was wrong and dial in the correct TRT program.

I'm fortunate that as big as I am, I carry the weight better than some who weigh what I do; but I *so* can't wait to get my life back. I'm *jonesing* for some skiing and mountain biking again. Not to mention a healthy sex life again; [I used to be pretty good at that. but it's been SO long I can't even say.] At 42, I've got a *lot* of making up to do. Well as I see it, I've got at least another year before I can start those activities again, but it sure as hell beats no hope at all.

ecsaaron is offline Associate Member
    Congrats on the progress,It only gets better from here...

Jadam is offline Junior Member
    Awesome, good to hear it's getting better for you!

emmett is offline New Member
    Congrats F&T, keep it up! Keep us posted!

Thread Information