Newbie & 5 Weeks into TRT...thoughts?

Turned 50 in July. I am a very healthy man who works out 4 days a week, not overweight, good nutrients, food...but possibly a little to much beer.

Went to a Harvard trained HRT MD here is Fort Lauderdale back in mid November and had a complete blood work done including of course an Endocrin Eval. The CBC and General Chem were all in the normal range. Here's what Endo panel said:

Albumin 4.8 g/dl
    LH 2.7 mIU/ml
    Progesternone 0.97 mg/ml
    Estradol 29.1 ng/ml
    DHEAS 382.1 ug/dl
    Total Testos 433 ng/dl
    Sex Hormone
    Binding Globulin 37 nmol/L
    Free Testos 4.10 ng/dl (1.88%)
    Bio Avaible 205 ng/dL (47.4%)
    IGF-1 296.0 ng/dl
    Coristol 19.4 ug/dl

Goal is to move Total Test from bottom third of normal range to top third of normal range - 650 to 700.

Weekly Protocol:
    Daily: Cream (2 click) DHEA/Pregnenolone/Seleg3 10 mg gel
    Sunday: Injection of 500 units HCG
    Monday: Injection of 500 units HCG
    Tuesday: Injection of 120mg IM of Test Cyp
    Wednesday: Anastrozole 0.5mg

This is my 5th week and finally starting to feel different; not kidding, THE LIBIDO HAS KICKED IN Good workouts in the gym with faster recovery as well.

New here so appreciate your thoughts in advance.

Thanks much guys and Happy Holidays to you all!

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    welcome - everything looks like it's going your way - nice on the cream too

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    yes, welcome and Happy Holidays as well...

seems as if everything is well planned out....i personally have never seen a similar protocol...glad its going well...

i assume bloodwork soon to confirm?

do u have any physical goals in mind and will you keep this thread posted..

thanks

jp

Hi JP - Always wanted a complete Endo Eval by a forward thinking HRT MD and when I turned 50 and the time was right to get it done. Probably the biggest factor is that my libido went into the shitter about 1 year or so ago with no explanation whatsoever. Always in decent shape, but man, for a guy who couldn't get enough sex to not even thinking about it anymore was troublesome to say the least. There are no other explanations for it other then a total T of 433 (not super low but in the lower 30% range) and Free T of 1.88% (which is pretty ok for a 50 year old guy). Both the MD and I agreed that if we can get back to the high 600's or low 700"s for Total T things should really change on a lot of fronts...so that is pretty much the goal. Got to tell you, this week I haven't been this horny in years!!! I will keep everyone posted of course on further panels and how I feel.

BTW, this is without a doubt the best board I've found on this subject matter. You all are great and thanks for all the info gents!!!

PS. Next blood work in about 4 weeks. Keep ya posted.

G

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    glad we can help and be looking for that bloodwork...

i guess u had it all posted in the first post since libido was only concern...

neither post i hear of a wife/gf/significant other....i'm hopin all this wrath has been takin out on the willing...lol...j/k..well not really..

back on a serious note....are u going to continue with the beer drinking or cut back...whats your idea of too much?

Thread Information