Is this really true?

Read this in the HRT Info (Part 2) in the Sticky above:

(2) Consume 110 mg of soy isoflavones (phytoestrogens) each day. High levels of phytoestrogens compete with estradiol on cell receptor sites and stimulate the liver to remove estrogens from the blood.

Is this true? I've read Soy can and has reduced Test Serum levels in men. Can Soy Isoflavonces really stimulate the liver to remove estrogens from the blood?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    bump

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    I would like to know this as well

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I was a vegetarian for years and read articles on both sides of the soy isoflavones debate. It was important to me because I was getting a large portion of my protein from soy. Unfortunately, neither side convinced me and there didn't seam to be solid science behind any of the articles. They always sounded like they were written by a marketing team rather than a medical team.

Crap, I just realized that my experience is completely useless.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I was a vegetarian for years and read articles on both sides of the soy isoflavones debate. It was important to me because I was getting a large portion of my protein from soy. Unfortunately, neither side convinced me and there didn't seam to be solid science behind any of the articles. They always sounded like they were written by a marketing team rather than a medical team.

Crap, I just realized that my experience is completely useless.
    lol...but i actually share the same belief...good point....dont think it was useless if your correct that its all marketing oriented

Thread Information