Mr Bill is offline Junior Member

Starting dose??i

I am on Androgel (10g) per day and waiting for lab report to come back to see if my T count is still below normal. Doc says he is going to switch me over to injectable if this is the case and the way I feel I think its going to happen. What would the starting dose be for someone in the low 200 range on 10g of Androgel. I want to be prepared to talk to him about the amount to start with to get me feeling better. I don't want to here the Doc talk about starting low and working up I would rather start high and work down

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome here! the guys will be around to chime in.....

Alloy is offline Junior Member
    Actually you want to start low and work your way up. Yes the process is slower but you'll be sure to get dialed in without messing up something else. You have to remember that the more BF% you have, the more Test will convert to E2. Some people are super sensitive to E2 and have all kinds of weird crap from anxiety attacks to high bp. By starting off slow you can see how you feel to what does it being titrated. Sure if you were to start blasting test and hcg , your TT will shoot through the roof. How much of that will convert to E2 would be another question along with how you're body reacts to it. After a certain point, too much test really doesn't do you any good. The best 2 factors to see how things are going are Blood Tests every 12 weeks and how you feel.

Also proper nutrition along with 3 - 4 days in the gym will do a world of good in getting your lipids in check along with keeping you heart healthy. One last thing, ask your doc about taking fish oil caps. They work wonders on getting your LDLs and HDLs where they need to be.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would push for weekly injections of at least 100mg and go from there. I have seen quite a few endocrinologists start people off at like 100mg/2 weeks which is a terrible regiment. I'd say for most people, between 150-200mg/week is going to be the sweet spot, but it's better to work your way up to it because 100 or 125mg may be enough to do it's job, as everyone's body is different, and higher doses might put your testosterone levels above what your Dr. is comfortable with and he may want to reduce your script or take you off an injection plan completely.

Also, when you're getting your script, it's often not worth arguing about the frequency that the Dr. wants you to inject (so long as you do them yourself), as you can adjust that on your own. Just be able to do the quick math to figure out what that dose would come out to weekly. IE, I would have no problem if my Endo put me on 300mg 2x a month script, as that would come to about 150mg week anyhow. Personally, I (and many others here) do my injections twice a week (Sun/Weds) to establish more even test levels and avoid that semi-crash that can occur the last day or two of each week.

Mr Bill is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the info guys. The 100mg every other week thing is what I am afraid of. I have been reading through the post about were to inject and how often so I will be able to get the Docs ideas.

I started changing my diet 2 years ago I eat more protien and less carbs/fat. I eliminated added salt, sugar and junk food and added cardio. I lost 50lbs in adout 9 months went fro 260 to 210 and then I started lifting. I put on about 10 lbs over the last 14 months. Even with the weight loss and good diet I was feeling bad with the symtoms of low T. Now it looks like the Androgel is not working and I want to move ahead not back. It's been almost 2 weeks since I have been to the gym because of lack of energy.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Lots of great advice above. I also inject Sun/Wed. Started with 200mg/week three weeks ago and will have new blood work done soon to see what needs to be adjusted and if I need anything for estrogen.

Good luck!

Thread Information