Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CraigWatts is offline Junior Member

Longevity of HRT?

So with HRT, it is assumed that if you start it, youre on it for life .... im aware of that ... but quick question: Is HRT something that will even *work* that long? Or do we even know? Can HRT do its job and keep a person at a nice solid 700 T for thirty years? Or is it like most other meds where you'd have to continually increase to keep the numbers, and ultimately you're going to crash and burn?

I keep hearing about guys on it for 6 months. Maybe 2 years. But I have yet to hear of anyone saying theyve been on it 15 years ... ever...

Thanks

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    would like to know as well.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There's a guy I work with who has been on TRT for over a decade and he's still going stong. He's like 50 year old and puts my body to shame.

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE= He's like 50 year old and puts my body to shame.[/QUOTE] lol like 50 young pup he is. Good topic I did no on guy in his 80x who was jucing and he was in great shape not sure if on HRT or cycling

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I think it is for life if you want to keep up the way you feel from it. I do not think it is something that gets fixed so then you can stop. From what I understand to feel the benefits from it, you gotta keep it going forever and ever. However that being said, please someone chime in to correct me if I am wrong.

And the tweaking continues until you get it just right.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I believe there's a few members here who have been on 10 plus years but don't post much in the hrt section.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    march will make 5 years for me...i easily forsee making your 15 year goal and then some....

maybe as stack it mentioned one of the 10 plus'er will chime in

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    You may not meet many people that have been on for fifteen years because it was considered bunk fifteen years ago. TRT is gaining acceptance slowly. Even now it is hard to find doctors that know anything about it, or that advocate it. Many of the people (in my opinion) that ARE pushing it are in it for the payday and may be willing to give you things that aren't healthy. I think it is important to find a doctor in the middle somewhere.

We will all know where this is going in another five or ten years, but in the mean time I feel good and am sticking with it until the science says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    You may not meet many people that have been on for fifteen years because it was considered bunk fifteen years ago. TRT is gaining acceptance slowly. Even now it is hard to find doctors that know anything about it, or that advocate it. Many of the people (in my opinion) that ARE pushing it are in it for the payday and may be willing to give you things that aren't healthy. I think it is important to find a doctor in the middle somewhere.

We will all know where this is going in another five or ten years, but in the mean time I feel good and am sticking with it until the science says otherwise.
    well said JV

Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    I believe there's a few members here who have been on 10 plus years but don't post much in the hrt section.
    so where are they then? can you track them down stack? and tell them to come on over for a minute or two?

maybe it really is the fountain of youth and like benjamin button they are all babies now

lol^^^

streeter is offline Associate Member
    Here is a video I found that has a guy who is 70 years old and been on HRT for 40 years. The video is a couple years old but I believe he is still alive and doing well.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0835755001242#

streeter thanks a lot for that man, loved seeing that thumbs up bro!

I wish someone would clearly explain the difference between TRT and HRT.

From what I understand TRT is just test?
    and HRT can be test plus other things?
    and would dosing amount be a difference?

So if these guys are on it for life. are they on HRT or TRT?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frawnz View Post
    There's a guy I work with who has been on TRT for over a decade and he's still going stong. He's like 50 year old and puts my body to shame.
    yeah, you totally have to watch for those old fuks!!! First it's bring me a beer b1tch! then, it's turn the gawdamm tv up. Next it's suk my dik, I'm too lazy to get up on top. Fukken lazy asss old fuks!!!!! We aughta just get rid of em all!!!

^^^ the Gladiator has arrived......

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    yeah, you totally have to watch for those old fuks!!! First it's bring me a beer b1tch! then, it's turn the gawdamm tv up. Next it's suk my dik, I'm too lazy to get up on top. Fukken lazy asss old fuks!!!!! We aughta just get rid of em all!!!
    Hey i am getting close to being there or you might think I am already there

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    trt is def growing, when have you ever seen commercials, billboards and other advertising for testosterone ?

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    trt is def growing, when have you ever seen commercials, billboards and other advertising for testosterone?
    Lots of billboards here in Vegas. Mostly from one clinic. I think it is still seen as quackery by most folks. I don't tell anyone I am on it.

PhilAllan is offline New Member
    I'm going to see a treatment center on Monday in Nashville. I have a customer next door to them and am going to check them out. They offer a glucose, blood pressure, cholesterol and PSA test in the initial consultation. The only thing I have heard about this place is you have to sign up for a year minimum and it's not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilAllan View Post
    The only thing I have heard about this place is you have to sign up for a year minimum and it's not cheap.
    My gut says to be very suspicious of anyone that requires ANY kind of commitment. If it turns out to be true, I would look elsewhere. Not only is a one year contract sketchy, but there are so many things THEY can do wrong. And if they come up with a plan that you disagree with, or put your health in danger, you can't do anything because you are locked into a contract? That isn't how medicine should EVER work. Cell phone service, maybe. Health care? No.

Having said that...good luck!

My gut says to be very suspicious of anyone that requires ANY kind of commitment. If it turns out to be true, I would look elsewhere. Not only is a one year contract sketchy, but there are so many things THEY can do wrong. And if they come up with a plan that you disagree with, or put your health in danger, you can't do anything because you are locked into a contract? That isn't how medicine should EVER work. Cell phone service, maybe. Health care? No.

Having said that...good luck!
    I agree with this. I would not want to sign a contract either. I loved my doc at first and then when I started learning more and questioning him, he did not like it. Once this attitude happens it is hard to return to trusting the doc and time to move on.

ecsaaron is offline Associate Member
    I started at 39-40 yo and im 47 now.I am on a higher dose than most but its what works for me.Took a long time to get it right but i will never look back

Thanks for all the replies. Is there any data out there that *factually* establishes the *true* risk of cancer / heart disease associated with HRT? Or is it still too new?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigWatts View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. Is there any data out there that *factually* establishes the *true* risk of cancer / heart disease associated with HRT? Or is it still too new?
    There is a lot of great knowledge here, but you might need to do some actual Google work if you want medical studies.

streeter is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    streeter thanks a lot for that man, loved seeing that thumbs up bro!
    No problem man. It was a common question that has bugged me forever also and I am sure were not alone. The video helped put my mind at ease also. I grew up during the age of all the bad things about steroids and the terrible stigma that went along with it so it is been bred into me to think it's gonna do me harm eventually I am hoping that as long as I stay informed and be careful I can have a long happy life on HRT without having Low T

There is a lot of great knowledge here, but you might need to do some actual Google work if you want medical studies.
    So there is such data that I alluded to?

"Is there any data out there that *factually* establishes the *true* risk of cancer / heart disease associated with HRT?"

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ive been on for 3yrs and im 28 now, cycled on and off in my early 20s not using pct till 24 tho

So there is such data that I alluded to?

"Is there any data out there that *factually* establishes the *true* risk of cancer / heart disease associated with HRT?"
    I will do one for ya: http://www.google.com/m/search?oe=UT...+heart+disease

Im not asking for help using Google.

Im asking the people who have already done the research, do we have solid data anywhere showing the true risk level of cancer / heart disease with HRT?"

Its a "Yes" or "No" question.

I'm capable of jumping into the worlds largest haystack (google) and spending hours trying to find the needle.

What you run into is a lot of opinions. One article says this. Another one says that.

What I need is knowledge from someone who has already researched this. Someone who can combine all the info thats out there into one intelligent viewpiont.

Thanks

^^^There is the school of thought that returning to the healthy hormone levels of a mid-20 year old helps to keep diseases away.

S Somers along with many docs in her latest book, "Breakthrough," adhere to the idea that when a male keeps his test levels up, this can in fact help prevent prostrate problems in the future. They defend this with the fact that very few 20 somethings have many problems. So why not replace and replicate.

However that being said, should a problem already exist, then perhaps this is when one should take pause and re-consider HRT. From what I understand, HRT does not create but could in fact exacerbate.

This is why getting baseline BW levels are so important and monitoring there after.

Im not asking for help using Google.

Im asking the people who have already done the research, do we have solid data anywhere showing the true risk level of cancer / heart disease with HRT?"

Its a "Yes" or "No" question.

I'm capable of jumping into the worlds largest haystack (google) and spending hours trying to find the needle.

What you run into is a lot of opinions. One article says this. Another one says that.

What I need is knowledge from someone who has already researched this. Someone who can combine all the info thats out there into one intelligent viewpiont.

Thanks
    I obviously knew you weren't looking for help using Google. But if you are looking for the nation's foremost expert on this subject, that has read all the studies and has come up with an irrefutable, clear answer...then your answer is "no".

I truly didn't mean to come off snippy if that is how you took it. I can tell you one thing though: this place is a great source of info, and if there WAS a undeniable truth that answered your question, it would be a sticky on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    ^^^There is the school of thought that returning to the healthy hormone levels of a mid-20 year old helps to keep diseases away.

S Somers along with many docs in her latest book, "Breakthrough," adhere to the idea that when a male keeps his test levels up, this can in fact help prevent prostrate problems in the future. They defend this with the fact that very few 20 somethings have many problems. So why not replace and replicate.

However that being said, should a problem already exist, then perhaps this is when one should take pause and re-consider HRT. From what I understand, HRT does not create but could in fact exacerbate.

This is why getting baseline BW levels are so important and monitoring there after.
    very well said...

i might add that in addition to the prostate info you provided, there was a thread on this forum talking about moreso prostate problems, etc. linked to elevated estrogen in men and/or the poor ratio of test/estro that was wreaking the havoc....i believe kale posted the info and i believe it was from research...i know i had a long thread titled prostate and kale posted in it often and it could be there

Hey Johnny - i didnt think you were being snippy. I thought I was being snippy though LOL! Thanks for hanging in there.

I guess I always wonder why so many doctors say its dangerous. I know the scapegoat is that we think they're all uneducated. But generalizing like that is also uneducated. So I was hoping for some sort of conclusion from someone who really has done the research on both the risks and the benefits. Sounds like there isn't such a person, or document.

I really like the logic mentioned above, about how guys in their 20's have no problems, and logic follows that recreating that biological "environment" might yeild the same results.

Hey Johnny - i didnt think you were being snippy. I thought I was being snippy though LOL! Thanks for hanging in there.

I guess I always wonder why so many doctors say its dangerous. I know the scapegoat is that we think they're all uneducated. But generalizing like that is also uneducated. So I was hoping for some sort of conclusion from someone who really has done the research on both the risks and the benefits. Sounds like there isn't such a person, or document.

I really like the logic mentioned above, about how guys in their 20's have no problems, and logic follows that recreating that biological "environment" might yeild the same results.
    I am with you. I wish doctors were in some sort of agreement on this. I get some security in knowing my doctor is on TRT as it means he has done research and feels it is safe enough for himself.

I started researching steroids when I was 16...and that was a long time ago. I have been comfortable with the thought of doing a cycle for over 20 years, but never have. During my research, I have watched steroids go from being completely demonized to being a part of pop culture. I think the information we have access to gets more accurate as time goes on, and I think research increasingly points towards testosterone being safe and helpful for TRT. Will injecting over a gram of gear a week cause some health problems? Probably. Will 200mg/week cause those same problems, especially when it is compensating for naturally low levels? Doesn't look like it. The problems with science is that it never reaches a final answer, all we can do is hope for consensus.

Bioidentical hormones for women are being fought over with great ferocity as well. On one side people are saying it is a magical cure for everything. On the other side they are saying it is complete rubbish. Those of us in the middle eventually need to pick a side and either try a treatment, or don't. It is disappointing that these professionals that we depend on are usually more concerned with money than health.

chicolifter123 is offline New Member
    your body does not build a tolerance to synthetic testosterone as it does to other drugs. your body handles the testosterone as if it were naturally produced, for it cannot tell the difference. while it may interact with other medications or substances differently than natural testosterone does, it is still handled the same by the body.

I am with you. I wish doctors were in some sort of agreement on this. I get some security in knowing my doctor is on TRT as it means he has done research and feels it is safe enough for himself.

I started researching steroids when I was 16...and that was a long time ago. I have been comfortable with the thought of doing a cycle for over 20 years, but never have. During my research, I have watched steroids go from being completely demonized to being a part of pop culture. I think the information we have access to gets more accurate as time goes on, and I think research increasingly points towards testosterone being safe and helpful for TRT. Will injecting over a gram of gear a week cause some health problems? Probably. Will 200mg/week cause those same problems, especially when it is compensating for naturally low levels? Doesn't look like it. The problems with science is that it never reaches a final answer, all we can do is hope for consensus.

Bioidentical hormones for women are being fought over with great ferocity as well. On one side people are saying it is a magical cure for everything. On the other side they are saying it is complete rubbish. Those of us in the middle eventually need to pick a side and either try a treatment, or don't. It is disappointing that these professionals that we depend on are usually more concerned with money than health.
    Couldn't agree more. At first I thought the best thing ever. But there is a side of me thinking that it is the BIGGEST CASH COW business going in the world right now. So I have very mixed feelings over this. Jury still out for me.

Chico - interesting input. You nailed the last bit of my original post that i was still wondering about. Thank you.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    trt is def growing, when have you ever seen commercials, billboards and other advertising for testosterone?
    Seems like it and this board are growing rapidly, especially since so many ug sources have gone away recently...It's like oh crap, now what am I gonna do? Might as well get the ol blood work done! lmao

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information