Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CraigWatts is offline Junior Member

Addicted to HRT?

Is it possible for guys to become addicted (in the negative connotation of the word) to HRT? My friend who juiced quite a bit told me that it becomes addictive and the *primary* factor was having an incredible libido. HRT provides you with a 20 year olds libido again and I wonder if it could become a bad thing if you became addicted to it? Or is that not a factor because its automatically assumed to be an ongoing thing?

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if you can become addicted. If you have a true need for HRT then you sure as he'll don't want to get off. I wouldn't call it an addiction though. It just makes you feel normal.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have only been on for five weeks, and my libido has improved, but it nothing like guys that do real bodybuilding-style cycles. To even do a light, starter cycle I would need to do three times the amount I take for TRT. So far it has made me feel, like THORSZ said...normal. But with less aches and pains, and maybe some more energy. I am feeling pretty good, and I wouldn't want to go back to the way I felt, but I don't think I am addicted to any effect I have felt. Hell, I almost forgot to inject last night.

Kouga53 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I have only been on for five weeks, and my libido has improved, but it nothing like guys that do real bodybuilding-style cycles. To even do a light, starter cycle I would need to do three times the amount I take for TRT. So far it has made me feel, like THORSZ said...normal. But with less aches and pains, and maybe some more energy. I am feeling pretty good, and I wouldn't want to go back to the way I felt, but I don't think I am addicted to any effect I have felt. Hell, I almost forgot to inject last night.
    Do you plan to blast your own gear while on TRT? Like a prescribed cruise, with a UGL blast? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Kouga53 View Post
    Do you plan to blast your own gear while on TRT? Like a prescribed cruise, with a UGL blast? haha
    Not sure yet. I might be fine with just TRT. It isn't like I want to get huge like I did when I was younger. But, you never know.....

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigWatts View Post
    Is it possible for guys to become addicted (in the negative connotation of the word) to HRT? My friend who juiced quite a bit told me that it becomes addictive and the *primary* factor was having an incredible libido. HRT provides you with a 20 year olds libido again and I wonder if it could become a bad thing if you became addicted to it? Or is that not a factor because its automatically assumed to be an ongoing thing?
    I don't know what you mean by "addicted" exactly. When you're on something like TRT, it's usually for life. The idea is you're shutdown and they're replacing it with synthetic hormones. Hence the name Hormone REPLACEMENT Therapy.

Ratt is offline Junior Member
    Craig,
    As mentioned by others, if someone is on HRT it is because of a deficiency for one reason or another. As long as they use it to get to a normal levels and they stay there it shouldn't be a problem. But having been on HRT for only 4 months and feeling the positive physical and mental effects of TRT I could see where a person could try to boost their levels higher in an attempt to feel even better and to produce faster results in the gym.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nice question Craig. And I think the answer is yes. I am addicted to feeling like I did in my twenties, I am addicted to having my life back, I am addicted to the sex drive, I am addicted to the process of transforming my body, I am addicted to quick recoveries, I am addicted to having the energy to really enjoy my kids.....I can't ever see not being addicted to these things and more - I am not addicted to pulling the plunger back another ml - but I am addicted to TRT. I am an addict - There I said it. Flats

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    If there is something wrong with your body what is causing you problems and issues within your daily life you take medication to solve this problems, its not that your addicted its more needed to solve a complaint.

I've been on my protocol for 8 weeks now and like the rest said here; if feeling good and getting back to how I looked and felt 20 years ago and extending my life span is addicting; then yes I am

I started out the first 4 weeks at 80 mgs Test Cyp along with hCG and an AI - T was low dose - and really didn't feel much. The past 4 weeks we increased the T to 120 mgs/wk and now really starting to feel and see the results.

It will take a few more months to really see what the affect will be but with the way I feel now and knowing it will only get better...that God for TRT!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    i'm addicted to breathing too

sirupate is offline Member
    I remember the "rush" of just feeling normal again when I started TRT. I think I've seen the term "acceleration" used for this. It was a sort of addictive feeling, when your body is adjusting to a higher level of testosterone . I got that same feeling again when my gel dose was doubled. I anticipate that it will happen again when I switch over to injectible testosterone. After a bit of time on a higher dose, you just feel normal, but you also would not want to give up the therapy either. Addiction...no. It is good to feel normal again.

sirp

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's a life long commitment. Your body and mind be dependent on it because without it you'll feel terrible, even worse than before you started therapy because your natty test should be lower. But I still have a hard time saying I'm "addicted" to hrt. It's like a diabetic taking insulin to me. I'd be screwed without it.

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    Nice question Craig. And I think the answer is yes. I am addicted to feeling like I did in my twenties, I am addicted to having my life back, I am addicted to the sex drive, I am addicted to the process of transforming my body, I am addicted to quick recoveries, I am addicted to having the energy to really enjoy my kids.....I can't ever see not being addicted to these things and more - I am not addicted to pulling the plunger back another ml - but I am addicted to TRT. I am an addict - There I said it. Flats
    Ha! Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    It's a life long commitment. Your body and mind be dependent on it because without it you'll feel terrible, even worse than before you started therapy because your natty test should be lower. But I still have a hard time saying I'm "addicted" to hrt. It's like a diabetic taking insulin to me. I'd be screwed without it.
    So, you are admitting that you are addicted to insulin then? You are worse off than the rest of us...two addictions! More than that actually, as I assume you are addicted to food, water and sleep like the rest of us?

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    I did not no how bad I felt until I started felling better.

You wan't my T/ From my cold dead hand.

Addict no way

might as well face it your addicted....

Nothing says when you are addicted it has to be to something bad for you...

S: (n) addict, nut, freak, junkie, junky (someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction) "a golf addict"; "a car nut"; "a bodybuilding freak"; "a news junkie"

I know it is just one of the more positive definitions - so no need to post all of the negative ones to prove me wrong, I'm jus sayin......

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    Should we start a support group?

Jr members cant suggest those things - read the rules. JK, this forum is the support group toadster.

My mistake.....

LOL, hackin on ya bro

I know, just playin along

Awesome replies everybody. Just a clarification - I did mention in the orginal post "addicted in the negative sense" and a couple of you picked up on what I meant by that. That rush when you first go on it, and the temptation to "up" your dose because you love having that raging boner and being a Gorilla in bed with the ladies .... I should have clarified what I meant. Therapy is a term for correcting something thats wrong.

I was curious if any of you do get that craving to up your dose for the sexual stimulation / rush etc ...

I was really excited when I first started and had the chance to do 400mg/week, but smartened up after some reading. I might think about blasting when my levels are good and my diet and lifting are locked in. For now it is "safe and sane".

Now that my levels are good and I'm feeling great again, I have thought about upping my doseage and experimenting but the possible negative side effects keeps me honest as I don't want to mess up a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt View Post
    Now that my levels are good and I'm feeling great again, I have thought about upping my doseage and experimenting but the possible negative side effects keeps me honest as I don't want to mess up a good thing.
    E follows T; this is the biggest reason I don't arbitrarily increase T outside what I was prescribed. High E can cancel out all the good things of T.

Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    E follows T; this is the biggest reason I don't arbitrarily increase T outside what I was prescribed. High E can cancel out all the good things of T.
    My point exactly.

How does the body mitigate the "E" problem when someone's T is high naturally?

might not be a problem with E when someone is genetically high T ....i would believe that the e conversion is more problematic from exogeneous test delivery...

again...guessing...good question

I believe, for the most part, if a male is naturally high T then they will have a naturally elevated E2 in a ratio to the T (something like 20:1) so there is hormonal balance. Some one in the field here can probably give you a more clinically precise response.

like i said NOT A PROBLEM=BALANCE

adding to JP's comments, could have high E2 with natty high t - lot's of teens develop adolescent gyno during their peak "high test" yrs. Not sure the body can mitigate in all instances without some help..

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    adding to JP's comments, could have high E2 with natty high t - lot's of teens develop adolescent gyno during their peak "high test" yrs. Not sure the body can mitigate in all instances without some help..
    i wonder if/when the medical field will step in and correct these types of problems in teens/early adulthood(check hormones routinely) so that the majority of youth will have at least optimum levels or is it always going to be your genetic hand of cards youre dealt

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i wonder if/when the medical field will step in and correct these types of problems in teens/early adulthood(check hormones routinely) so that the majority of youth will have at least optimum levels or is it always going to be your genetic hand of cards youre dealt
    I don't know if it's necessarily the medical field that is refusing to step in, or if it's the social stigma behind some of these hormones. I mean, nobody would bat an eye, if some girl needed an estrogen injection. And some of these doctors are caught up in this social stigma too.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I don't know if it's necessarily the medical field that is refusing to step in, or if it's the social stigma behind some of these hormones. I mean, nobody would bat an eye, if some girl needed an estrogen injection. And some of these doctors are caught up in this social stigma too.
    Birth Control pills passed out like candy.........and not the most healthy thing around.....

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Birth Control pills passed out like candy.........and not the most healthy thing around.....
    I should have been more specific. But that illustrates the point. Birth control can cause strokes in otherwise healthy women and Planned Parenthood gives it out to 15 year old girls without even a parent's permission. But there is no social stigma behind that. But it more or less is the media's fault for all of it. If they portrayed testosterone and AAS in a positive light, I bet you more doctors would be willing to prescribe them to people who need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I should have been more specific. But that illustrates the point. Birth control can cause strokes in otherwise healthy women and Planned Parenthood gives it out to 15 year old girls without even a parent's permission. But there is no social stigma behind that. But it more or less is the media's fault for all of it. If they portrayed testosterone and AAS in a positive light, I bet you more doctors would be willing to prescribe them to people who need them.
    government friendly is birth control

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    To much T = To much E
    and more AI

Old_usmcgrunt is offline New Member
    Wow, lotsa good reading here. The "HRT addicted" caught my eye with respect to what I'm going through. This is my 1st time visiting this forum for the “experienced” individual. I’m 49 for a few more months and was tested and found to be low in test (around 140 something I think) back last summer. I didn’t like the patch option the doc gave me so I took matters in my own and have been cycling test-E for 2 cycles since. What I failed to research better was that evidently because of my age and low test, even doing an aggressive PCT caused me to lose noticeable gains. In retrospect it makes all the sense why. Ronnie Rowland mentioned that at my age and naturally low test that he’d recommend never doing PCT but just cruise on a HRT. My friend and pharmacist who compounds drugs said he commonly makes a bio-hormone testosterone in cream form that’s the equivalent of 50mg/day. My doc is ok for writing out prescriptions for this (with insurance I’m looking at about $8/month)!

Questions:
    -Anyone have experience with the BHRT creams you rub onto arms/shoulders?
    -If I start and use this BHRT indefinitely I understand my own test (low as it is) will in fact eventually shutdown. Could a 2 week injection cycle of HCG every couple of months be beneficial?
    -I’d also like to still cycle in a test-E “reload” cycle now and then to eventually build additional strength and size. Any thoughts?

I’ve been researching on this and plan to do so indefinitely, but I’d like to hear from others and collect some insight! I was a solid lad in my 20’s when I was in the Corps….just like a little feeling of that again! This getting old kinda sucks!
    Thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information