The Hyena is offline Junior Member

Here is a Question....

I just went to the doctor to ask about trt and the is what he suggested (it sounds CRAZY to me)

he suggested 200mg of cyp per week (maybe 150mgs) but here is the weird part, he said i should do 8 weeks on and 23 days off and on HCG for that 23 days then back to the 200mgs a week.

Posted on regular forum as well...

now from studying this board for about 2 years this sounds crazy as shit to me, why wouldn't i just cycle instead of this craziness ??
    insight PLEASE ... i also have my blood tests,
    my test level is 315
    what else would yall look at ?

im 40 years old
    185 lbs
    9% bodyfat

Thanks

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    why not cycle? idk, what are your goals/symptoms???? you say u went to doc but WHY???? you're 9% bf at 185lbs u must be pretty muscular...are you having low t symptoms? what is your previous cycle history??..this ONE doctors trt protocol is not the norm but i wouldnt call it crazy and if someone was truly in need of therapy should be glad to follow such....
    so youre 40 years old.....maintaining that muscle is going to be harder and harder as the years go by so like i said depending on your goals hrt or cycle....youre posting on the hrt forum so what we do here is run low doses of test all year if we want to ramp up once or twice a year(cycle, blast, whatever u wanna call it) we do so with no need for pct because we are already not at a natty high level (yours 300's) anymore so we continue on said low test dose forever

jpkman,
    I went to the doctor because im feeling old, i have NO energy, i am depressed, feel like life sucks all the time. I am pretty muscular (compared to most 40year olds)
    i dont know if im having low t symptoms (thats why i went to the doctor, duhh) and i am glad to follow this, BUT i wanted other opinions first, from people that have been perscribed TRT, which is why i posted it on this board. again DUH

and you say you run all year, I KNOW that why a asked about what this doc was saying, if its good or bad, and is 300 good or bad , high or low..and i asked should i just cycle because i could just cycle no problem seems to be the same thing as what this doc is saying..

so if your just gonna get on here and tell me NOTHING, then cool, but if you want to help me, and try to answer my questions and not be a holier than thou dude, i would appreciate it

LeanGreenMachine is offline Junior Member
    I had a doc a while back that wanted me to go 12 weeks on 8 weeks off with PCT. This protocol is not crazy at all. I think he is trying to keep your HPTA going and 23 days of HCG is not long enough to cause desensitization. It takes about 6-8 weeks for your HTPA to completely shut down from the extrogenous T. Personally, when I am cruising, I like to dose at 200mg Test C EW and 250IU HCG 2x EW but I don't have much HTPA left to recover.
    Last edited by LeanGreenMachine; 01-22-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: typo

LeanGreenMachine is offline Junior Member
    You may have better luck with one of the Anti Aging docs. Their protocol is usually what I described above.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hyena View Post
    jpkman,
    I went to the doctor because im feeling old, i have NO energy, i am depressed, feel like life sucks all the time. I am pretty muscular (compared to most 40year olds)
    i dont know if im having low t symptoms (thats why i went to the doctor, duhh) and i am glad to follow this, BUT i wanted other opinions first, from people that have been perscribed TRT, which is why i posted it on this board. again DUH

and you say you run all year, I KNOW that why a asked about what this doc was saying, if its good or bad, and is 300 good or bad , high or low..and i asked should i just cycle because i could just cycle no problem seems to be the same thing as what this doc is saying..

so if your just gonna get on here and tell me NOTHING, then cool, but if you want to help me, and try to answer my questions and not be a holier than thou dude, i would appreciate it
    i thought i DID help you... ooops did the all caps make you teary eyed again....none of my post was meant in anyway offensive and you went off...i was really suprised at your post...i'll unsubscribe from it now

good, thanks for nothing and bye... please go talk down to someone else...

and no you diddnt help at all....

Last edited by The Hyena; 01-23-2011 at 07:08 AM. Reason: ???

Quote Originally Posted by LeanGreenMachine View Post
    You may have better luck with one of the Anti Aging docs. Their protocol is usually what I described above.
    thanks man this was an anti aging doctor.... and it threw him that i knew so much about everything, kepping test levels even, HCG everything....
    haha

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    why not cycle? idk, what are your goals/symptoms???? you say u went to doc but WHY???? you're 9% bf at 185lbs u must be pretty muscular...are you having low t symptoms? what is your previous cycle history??..this ONE doctors trt protocol is not the norm but i wouldnt call it crazy and if someone was truly in need of therapy should be glad to follow such....
    so youre 40 years old.....maintaining that muscle is going to be harder and harder as the years go by so like i said depending on your goals hrt or cycle....youre posting on the hrt forum so what we do here is run low doses of test all year if we want to ramp up once or twice a year(cycle, blast, whatever u wanna call it) we do so with no need for pct because we are already not at a natty high level (yours 300's) anymore so we continue on said low test dose forever
    Don't see anything close to talking down here. Looks pretty constructive to me. What is your prob OP? JP has always been here to help.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    jpkman,

and you say you run all year, I KNOW that why a asked about what this doc was saying, if its good or bad, and is 300 good or bad , high or low..and i asked should i just cycle because i

could just cycle no problem seems to be the same thing as what this doc is saying..

Now this was out of line. We really try to be civil and not fly off the handle here - you wanna do that you go back to the main board or the lounge.

ok , maybe i just took it wrong.... but he did not help me at all , answered no questions and it was not very constructive, and i have read enough of that, i had simple questions about what this guy was prescribing to me, and wanted some other opinions on it ... thats all

and i guess i read it in a sarcastic voice, re-read it and it seems like that..... anyway i just wanted to know what is normal and if this protocol was normal, and what my test level should be etc.... but doesn't look like ill ever get those answers.
    ill try not to go off again brah

rebelstate is offline Junior Member
    im on 200 test cyp from now on per doc script,feel great..have been for a while..decided i would run a cycle and do 200every 3 and half days cause i want to get in shape,im working out and have built up quite a bit of test cyp..then after 12 weeks of 400 mg total a week i will drop back to prescibed amount of 200 a week and cruise......i will never cycle off cause mynuts will only make take me up to 241 of test..so what i dont understand is why your doc is cycling you when your nuts are broke too...test cyp dont fix broke nuts,never has and never will....it just does what your nuts cant do anymore

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I posted this in the other thread as well, or at least I will paraphrase it here:

That protocol is totally different than mine, so I assume that means the doctor has come up with a plan that suites you needs, and just doesn't put everyone on a cookie cutter plan? He is on TRT himself and seems knowledgable and trustworthy.

EDIT: I just tracked down the original post and see that you haven't exactly resolved this. Bummer. You might want to go on the regimen and see if it works for you. Did you ask if you could go on weekly, continuous Test? If so, what reasons did he give for not doing that...I would be interested in knowing as we are all speaking from our personal experience only, and your personal experience could teach me something.

Also, not only am I putting in a good word for the doc (who I trust), but for the guys here on the board. I know it is hard to interpret tone on forums, but I can assure you everyone above that posted does want to help. Keep your chin up brotha, you will get this sorted out soon and you will feel better.
    Last edited by JohnnyVegas; 01-24-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Thanks man Johnny, but the guy i seen at the place you recommended is a younger guy and not on HRT at all.....
    what i was asking is:

1. what is (relatively) normal protocol ?
    and id like to start TRT on forever, but before i do that i want to know what works for people that are on now...
    2. what are "normal" symptoms to prescribe HRT
    3. what is a good test level (as aforementioned) mine is 315
    4. Why shouldn't i cycle ? instead of doing this prescribed protocol ? isn't it pretty much the same as a cycle ?
    5. I have my blood tests in front of me what else would y'all look at on those tests ?

Thanks
    Mark

?????????????

Alloy is offline Junior Member
    Thanks man Johnny, but the guy i seen at the place you recommended is a younger guy and not on HRT at all.....
    what i was asking is:

1. what is (relatively) normal protocol ?
    and id like to start TRT on forever, but before i do that i want to know what works for people that are on now...
    2. what are "normal" symptoms to prescribe HRT
    3. what is a good test level (as aforementioned) mine is 315
    4. Why shouldn't i cycle ? instead of doing this prescribed protocol ? isn't it pretty much the same as a cycle ?
    5. I have my blood tests in front of me what else would y'all look at on those tests ?

Thanks
    Mark
    Mark,

Let me some up what everyone here is telling you in regards to your questions. Unfortunately there is no set standard for a protocol. In some people all it takes is 100-150mg of Test-C and their numbers go shooting to 1100 while others might need around 200-250 just to stay in the 700-800s. The safest protocol is one that starts off low and slow, the last thing anyone should do is start high. Then you have to remember that Test converts into E2, this is not a good thing. E2 is the same shit that makes women get all hormonal and crazy. Rule of thumb, the more fat you carry...the more Test will convert to E2. Estradiol is converted from Testosterone in adipose tissue (Fat). If you have lots of fat, you're probably making too much E2.

I myself had E2 out of range without any HRT and it causes all kinds of bad issues. So right off the bat a smart doctor is going to put you on Test, an AI, and if possible...HCG to keep your testes in good shape. Blood tests are very important because at some point too much Test in the body is not going to do much good or build your up any faster. You need to find that "sweet spot" that works for you. Also remember that HCG causes massive spikes in Test levels. I had to stop my TRT for a couple of months because my Test level went too high and my lipids and cholesterol needed to get back down. Yes I feel like shit but will be getting my blood test soon to see how low I am after two months. I do regret having to stop, but it needed to be done until I find a new PCP who doesn't mind giving me a blood test every 4 weeks. Like mentioned above, my current PCP is a douchebag and does blood tests in house so they can pad the bill. My last blood test was near ****ing worthless and the things that needed to be checked he wouldn't do. (ie. It wasn't profitable to check my Vitamin-D, PSA, or IGF).

Good luck and go slow!

I didn't realize you didn't meet with my doc. I assume they work together on this sort of stuff. Are you going to give it a try? I am supposed to meet with my doc this week. I will ask him about that on/off regimen.

Looks like Alloy gave some good advice...I will give everything a read tomorrow when I am not on my phone...and not falling asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloy View Post
    Mark,

Let me some up what everyone here is telling you in regards to your questions. Unfortunately there is no set standard for a protocol. In some people all it takes is 100-150mg of Test-C and their numbers go shooting to 1100 while others might need around 200-250 just to stay in the 700-800s. The safest protocol is one that starts off low and slow, the last thing anyone should do is start high. Then you have to remember that Test converts into E2, this is not a good thing. E2 is the same shit that makes women get all hormonal and crazy. Rule of thumb, the more fat you carry...the more Test will convert to E2. Estradiol is converted from Testosterone in adipose tissue (Fat). If you have lots of fat, you're probably making too much E2.

I myself had E2 out of range without any HRT and it causes all kinds of bad issues. So right off the bat a smart doctor is going to put you on Test, an AI, and if possible...HCG to keep your testes in good shape. Blood tests are very important because at some point too much Test in the body is not going to do much good or build your up any faster. You need to find that "sweet spot" that works for you. Also remember that HCG causes massive spikes in Test levels. I had to stop my TRT for a couple of months because my Test level went too high and my lipids and cholesterol needed to get back down. Yes I feel like shit but will be getting my blood test soon to see how low I am after two months. I do regret having to stop, but it needed to be done until I find a new PCP who doesn't mind giving me a blood test every 4 weeks. Like mentioned above, my current PCP is a douchebag and does blood tests in house so they can pad the bill. My last blood test was near ****ing worthless and the things that needed to be checked he wouldn't do. (ie. It wasn't profitable to check my Vitamin-D, PSA, or IGF).

Good luck and go slow!
    Thanks sooo much ill take all of this into consideration.....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I didn't realize you didn't meet with my doc. I assume they work together on this sort of stuff. Are you going to give it a try? I am supposed to meet with my doc this week. I will ask him about that on/off regimen.

Looks like Alloy gave some good advice...I will give everything a read tomorrow when I am not on my phone...and not falling asleep.
    I dont think im going to give this a try although i REALLY would like to start TRT, i need more research and information bofore i can commit to a lifelong process ..
    thats why i came on here to ask the experts...

thanks again Johnny !

I dont think im going to give this a try although i REALLY would like to start TRT, i need more research and information bofore i can commit to a lifelong process ..

thanks again Johnny !
    No worries. I don't take it personally when they recommend something that you don't agree with. Too bad you didn't get to talk to my doc though. I am bummed it didn't work out and you need to keep searching.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!

thanks again Johnny !
    It's a big commitment. Have you had bloodwork done yet? By the way, I have an appointment with a new endo next Thursday. Either of you or Johnny see any Endos in Henderson? My old one is moving out of town so I had to get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    It's a big commitment. Have you had bloodwork done yet? By the way, I have an appointment with a new endo next Thursday. Either of you or Johnny see any Endos in Henderson? My old one is moving out of town so I had to get a new one.
    I have had blood work done, my test level is at 315 is that good or low ???

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I have had blood work done, my test level is at 315 is that good or low ???
    It's not optimal. It's on the low side of the normal range though. I think you should get extensively tested before you go on TRT. If it's something that can be fixed (although you said you're in you're 40's so I don't know if it can be, but I digress), you should look at that before you make this life changing decision. I mean even so much as getting as many opinions as possible from different disciplines of medicine too.

Thread Information