Redhawk is offline New Member

Blood Work Results

I played collegiate soccer and ran track. Then in my 20's I was training to be a pro tiathlete and was derailed by what I thought was thyroid issue... Regular docs said I was depressed and prescribed Effexor versus actually doing any testing... Resistant to take it I eventually did and while I felt better, never got to where I wanted physically. Recently was introduced to a doc who "gets it", so I had my blood work done at age 32 now.

Results:
    Test: 335 ng/dL
    Free Test: 38.9 pg/mL
    Free %: 1.16 L
    Estradiol: 54 pg/mL
    PSA: 0.5
    IGF-1: 248

Doc prescribed 0.75mL Test-C once a week to start. Held off on Nolva for now to see if I'm a converter or just had elevated levels in the test. Can't tell if any angina is occuring, but I prob already had it.

Going in 2 weeks to have work re-done. I can say I feel 100 times better. Better strength, motivation, energy level, sex drive as expected.

I had low levels of Vitamin D, so I'm taking o-t-c D3 supplements.

I'm beginning to taper off of the Effexor with no ill effects. Down from 150mg to 75mg and going down to 37.5mg in 30 days.

Cholesterol was off a bit and it's prob genetic as I'm a vegetarian and lean
    Total - 170
    HDL - 49
    Tri - 90
    LDL - 103

Started taking Red Yeast Rice and CoQ10 for now. Don't want to be on statins at my age.

Any other recommendations?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
    I played collegiate soccer and ran track. Then in my 20's I was training to be a pro tiathlete and was derailed by what I thought was thyroid issue... Regular docs said I was depressed and prescribed Effexor versus actually doing any testing... Resistant to take it I eventually did and while I felt better, never got to where I wanted physically. Recently was introduced to a doc who "gets it", so I had my blood work done at age 32 now.

Results:
    Test: 335 ng/dL
    Free Test: 38.9 pg/mL
    Free %: 1.16 L
    Estradiol: 54 pg/mL
    PSA: 0.5
    IGF-1: 248

Doc prescribed 0.75mL Test-C once a week to start. Held off on Nolva for now to see if I'm a converter or just had elevated levels in the test. Can't tell if any angina is occuring, but I prob already had it.

Going in 2 weeks to have work re-done. I can say I feel 100 times better. Better strength, motivation, energy level, sex drive as expected.

I had low levels of Vitamin D, so I'm taking o-t-c D3 supplements.

I'm beginning to taper off of the Effexor with no ill effects. Down from 150mg to 75mg and going down to 37.5mg in 30 days.

Cholesterol was off a bit and it's prob genetic as I'm a vegetarian and lean
    Total - 170
    HDL - 49
    Tri - 90
    LDL - 103

Started taking Red Yeast Rice and CoQ10 for now. Don't want to be on statins at my age.

Any other recommendations?
    first, welcome..

now, hard to beat 100 X better....sorry it took you over 10 years for a real doctor...we see posts like this everyday....effexor was probably that doctors meal ticket back in the day as the ant d's are today....

so....dont look back...make the best youre still young...oh yeah...your estradiol looks toward the upper end...did your doc discuss that with you...the test/estro ratio is the most important part....

PLEASE ....keep THIS post updated

wish u the best

subnet is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    first, welcome..

now, hard to beat 100 X better....sorry it took you over 10 years for a real doctor...we see posts like this everyday....effexor was probably that doctors meal ticket back in the day as the ant d's are today....

so....dont look back...make the best youre still young...oh yeah...your estradiol looks toward the upper end...did your doc discuss that with you...the test/estro ratio is the most important part....

PLEASE ....keep THIS post updated

wish u the best
    Welcome Red and ditto to eveything jpk has said. I've heard that Effexor is one of, if not THE hardest anti-D med to get off so the best of luck there. The key is going slow and it sounds like you're doing that (the tapering I mean). Curious as to what your levels will be after your retest. 150mg per week is a decent TRT dose and you ideally want to get your E2 (estradiol) down, but definitely don't rush anything and see how your body responds first with just the dosage of Test.

As far as other recommendations, I know I and many others are using HcG to keep 'the boys' at their normal size among other things. I'd do a search here and read up on it if you have some time - it's not necessary to take it of course.

Thanks for the encouragement / recommendations... Effexor is definetly difficult to get off of. In the past if I even missed one day I was trashed physically and mentally to the point of not leaving the couch. Very interesting how stopping an anti-depressant made me depressed. The negative feedback loop kept me hooked on it for fear of withdrawals. It was much worse than any recreational drug I ever tried when I was younger. At the time it was prescribed I was going through a difficult time in a romantic relationship so I deferred on my own judgment and bought into the "depression" diagnosis. Now I know they just didn't want to do the testing necessary.

We did speak about the E2 levels and she wanted to see if it would go down w/ an increase in T first before going to anything else next. We're going to go slow and very scientifically. I'd prefer to be on the absolute minimum amount of drugs necessary for optimal living. Plus at 32 realize I will need more as I age, so moderating is prob best now. That's also why she recommended staying away from HGH for now as I was ok for now. I'll have to research the HcG and see, I have a friend in his 40's who just lost 50lbs on that treatment. I'm not concerned about boys size or function as I'm in a great relationship, we have 2 children and don't plan on having more.

Thanks!

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My initial labs were almost identical to yours - I was not on any other meds though. Really glad you found this site, and that you are feeling 100% better. Like your doc's approach, but I think you could have gone ahead and started bringing that E2 down as it is prolly close to out of range high. But as long as she looks at it again pretty quick it'll work out. You have all the right tools and attitude to change your life for the better now. Let us know if we can help down the road. Be deliberate, and enjoy your new life. Flats

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    Like your doc's approach, but I think you could have gone ahead and started bringing that E2 down as it is prolly close to out of range high. But as long as she looks at it again pretty quick it'll work out. Flats
    Thanks! I think she was waiting on the Nolva or Clomid b/c she is trying to figure out "why" I had low T... I like that out of a doctor personally. Much better than just fixing the problem.

I can't say I've had any of the noticeable symptoms of high E2 so far. With being on the board now I think it's beneficial to be on something going forward now.

Thread Information