Thread: Ldl?

Karo is offline Associate Member

Ldl?

I am almost 3 months into hrt which is strictly 250 mgs/week of test e. I had bloodwork done before starting hrt and my LDL cholesterol came back a little high- 129. I wasn't too concerned, I knew it would go up a bit once I started taking the Test but I wasn't too concerned.
    I had bloodwork done again last week and found that my LDL has gone up to 220! My primary care Dr was very concerned about this and put me on a small dose of medication for it. Of course he insisted that I stop taking Test injections and gave me a script for some cream too
    Does anyone have any advice on what else I can do to get it down? My diet is pretty clean other than eating red meat almost every day. I don't do any types of street drugs, don't drink or smoke but high cholesterol does run in my family.
    I was just getting ready to crank it up to 500mgs/week and do a 12 week cycle but now i'm not so sure if that's a good idea.
    Anyone?

Thanks in advance guys.

Redhawk is offline New Member
    What medication did he prescribe? Did you get an advanced cholesterol panel as well?

I have genetically high cholesterol and for now take CoQ10 and Red Yeast Rice supplements. Some people also take Niacin.

Eliminating red meat totally or reducing it from every day would prob be good idea.

sirupate is offline Member
    I assume your doctor is also monitoring your liver function numbers. That is typically done when prescribing lipid lowering meds. Niacin and red yeast rice can also affect liver function, but as long as the doctor is checking, you are good. What level of test. are you on now and what are your total and free levels like? 500mgs. of test. seems pretty high unless you have bodybuilding goals.

Jeff

Spartans09 is offline Member
    Your trt dose may have been too high for long-term health. 250mg a week is a lot. How have your blood panels looked otherwise while on this dose?

Thread Information