sleggio is offline New Member

Life Has Returned!

I've been an avid weight lifter for the last 11 years and have made remarkable progress (I'm 5'9" 240 and about 12%bf). However, for the last 2 years, my training has somewhat floundered and my outlook on life went from blue skies to grey and hazy. Lack of motivation, apathy, just feeling too old for my age (46). I briefly considered a 10 week 500mg test-c cycle about 6 months ago (full disclosure: I experimented with steroid cycles when I was 18 - reckless in hindsight).

I bought the test, clomid, nolvadex , arimidex . Then I had blood work done. Everything was normal except for my testosterone count: Total=206, Free=57.1. I was dumbfounded! I put the cycle on hold and started reading everything I could about low-T. I must admit I was a bit skeptical because of all the ads on TV - I hate drug companies hawking their wares. However, this site has been a godsend - great information and 1st hand accounts.

After a few months, I finally got into see my internist (took a while because I was a new patient). His physician assistant, while very competent, seemed to push the depression angle after interviewing me. I pushed back gently but firmly. The doc looked at my results and concluded that the best option for me was 5g daily androgel and the goal was to get my Test to 500-600ng/dl. I thought this was low considering the range for my age was 250-1100 and size and strength gains were fairly easy for me up to this point. But I agreed to try it. The first 4 weeks - nothing. No change in libido, general outlook. He said that it would take 2-3 months for it to kick in.

Suddenly, at the beginning of the 5th week, everything changed. I woke up and felt great (best I've felt in a year). The fog began to lift. I began interacting with people more, have more energy, workouts have improved. Even started chasing the wife around - literally! Went to a lab for a hormone panel. Results stunned me: Total Test 815, Free Test 215. Unbelievable. And from what I've been reading, the best is yet to come. I am so glad I did this!

Takeaways:
    1. Know your Test levels. Everyone is different - what is low to one may be normal to another. It's the change in level that seems to be important so if you don't have a starting point, you won't know there's a problem until it gets so low it's obvious.
    2. If you feel bad, get checked thoroughly. Get the data and then get a diagnosis. In my case, low Test is the problem. Someone else with similar symptoms may have a completely different diagnosis.
    3. Be wary of script happy docs - find one that wants to help. Doctors work for you and if one doesn't solve the problem find another one.
    4. Don't wait. For 2 years I just thought I was feeling the effects of getting old. If you start feeling this way, get it checked out. Don't lose the time assuming something may be true. Get the data.

In closing, I'd like to say thank you to all who participate on this site. The insight, information and advice service y'all (yes I'm a southern boy) provide is invaluable.

leebo73 is offline Junior Member
    Interesting info , good luck !!

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    congrats, very inspire.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Good to hear!

Thread Information