Whitecollar10 is offline Junior Member

Naturopathic Doctor for HRT?

In some states, such as mine, Naturopathic Doctors (ND) can legal prescribe Testosterone . After reading a recommendation in another post to research compounding pharmacies and ask them what doctor's they have worked with for HRT, I have a list of few doctors. One MD and two ND's.

Since I'm of kind of a scientific mind in a scientific profession, I have always had a natural inclination to dismiss ND's as "fringe-pseudo-medicine". But after researching to determine that they can indeed prescribe test and not just feed you horny-goat-weed-pills, I am intrigued.

Do others have experience with ND's they could share, or do you only have experience with MD's?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    first i've heard of em but if they will write the script thats all that matters....bloodwork can be done without an md as well..

whats your knowledge and/or experience with testosterone

Experience with testosterone = zero, zilch, nada

Knowledge of testosterone = only what I have gleaned from reading this website and other online sources

Experience with AAS = I did an oral cycle when I was 19, almost 20. I was a typical dumb 19 year-old and I have no idea what it was I took, other than it was as recommended by an acquaintance. Knowing no better, I took no cycle support supplements and certainly no PCT (not even sure if that was on people's radar in the mid '80s). I did a couple oral cycles about 5 years ago... one with H-Drol prohormone, and one with Anavar and Turinibol. I took support sups and did PCT in each case.

Now that I am approaching my mid-40's, I am intrigued to read about some of the quality of life benefits from HRT. My wife has been doing HRT for a couple of years now. (She entered early menopause due to some health issues.) She has been feeling much better since going the HRT route. HRT for women has been quite common for some time. It's nice to see some of the attention going towards the men now.

For the practitioners for whom I have the names, the MD and one of the ND's are both on my insurance's provider list... so either one works that way. The ND is much more convenient for me from a location standpoint. I imagine I will ultimately visit the ND. At worst, I am only out a co-pay. I was just hoping someone else has experience going this route since it is all uncharted territory for me.

Edited to add some quick stats:

Height: 6'5" (195cm)
    Weight: 240 lbs (110k)
    Last edited by Whitecollar10; 03-17-2011 at 03:32 PM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    since u been reading here you may have gleaned that you need to rule out prostate cancer before starting administering replacement test/test

You are certainly correct. Since I will be scheduling a physical soon, I was trying to see if there would be a compelling reason to switch to a different primary care dr. The doctor I've been seeing for years is a family doc who really seems to treat more women & children than men. And, he's getting up there in years. Since doing this research that has led me to ND's, I'll likely go to my same doc for a physical & initial blood work. But, we'll see.

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    Are the ND's able to prescribe AI's or HCG as well.

I'm just learning about what they can and can't prescribe. But in looking at the law as it was revised in 2007, they can prescribe "Legend Drugs"... the so-called prescription drugs. And they can prescribe "Scheduled Drugs" containing codeine or testosterone . Thus, AI's would seem to be definately in. I'm not sure if HCG is defined as a Scheduled Drug. Also if it is scheduled, I'm not sure if the law changes that allowed the scheduled drugs codeine and testosterone would also allow HCG.

These laws are goverened by the individual states... try searching for "Naturopathic Doctor (state)" to see what comes up. It seems to be a trend in this last decade for many states to push for changing of prescription laws governing ND's.

More research required!

Thread Information